GTA...Overhyped, your opinions?

The driving is realistic? LOL!

I drive on the track around 15 times a year (Ford F6 Typhoon and Evo IX) and I think GTA's driving is nothing like real life.

100% completed this yesterday. I stand by my original opinion... game was everything I wanted it to be.

100% completed this yesterday. I stand by my original opinion... game was everything I wanted it to be.
holyshit.. that means getting all the 200 birds... 50 stunts.. wow...

i just completed the main story and some side missions.. and only at 70%

The birds thing nearly broke me. Should have been 100 rather than 200.

It's good to take breaks every once in a while... why you in such a hury to beat it so fast? I hate people like you that don't chew a bit on their filet mignon first, you just pop it in, smush enough to swallow, and down it goes. :p

BTW... Shooting people through the back of the wind shield in the head = awesomeness :p

.insert long honking sound here.

It's good to take breaks every once in a while... why you in such a hury to beat it so fast? I hate people like you that don't chew a bit on their filet mignon first, you just pop it in, smush enough to swallow, and down it goes. :p

there was an award for getting 100% by the 5th.

I rarely get enough time off work to be able to play anything. I specifically arranged it so that last week I had a good chunk of time without my clients bothering me.

Besides... I still have online and a shitload of other games I haven't had a chance to play yet.

I just bought my 360 last Wednesday (4/30) and on the next day bought GTA4 and R6V2. I've never really been a hardcore gamer or anything. Maybe more of a wannabe? I have played everything in the GTA franchise with Vice City being the only one I bothered playing up to 99% (gave up on GTA:SA at about 35ish%). Anyway, got home and popped in GTA4 first. Played for a good 4 hours. Next day tried Vegas 2. I can't stop playing now. I don't even want to go to work now. I dont have that desire with GTA4.

Overhyped. I guess I had higher expectations too. I didn't know what to expect with R6V2 though and I never played any kind of team tactic game like it let alone online with full team voice chat. Maybe it being new to me is what makes it worth my while.

I haven't played any MP on GTA4 yet, does it have voice chat too?

So far the game is okay. Its much better then any game I have played but its not what I thought it would be. So far 20% complete with school and shit thats good for me. I am playing only 1-2 hours a day and like 3 hours on the weekend.

One thing that bothers me is that the cutscenes are non interactive.

It would have been cool to be able to respond to the people giving you missions, such as telling them that you want $20,000 instead of taking the $5,000 for the mission, etc.

They should do this in the next gta game.

I got my copy from gamefly. I didn't have to buy it and can keep it as long as I want. If i want to buy the game it will only cost $44.

I love the game. The more you play more stuff opens up. There are cop side missions as well as delivery missions etc. Im about 30% into the game with 17 hours play time.

I just can't get into the missions. Really. The story and sound and music are all awesome, and the base gameplay is ~ok~, but the missions are boring, bland repeats of prior games, and not done as well. I just can't keep playing it.

Would make a great movie, but I'm not sold on the game.

Back