GTA Online Removes Illegitimately Gained In-Game Money

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rockstar has just pissed off a bunch of GTA Online cheaters by taking all their money. How do we know this was "illegitimately gained" in-game money? Oh, I don't know...this guy had 117,944,768,843 examples of cheating.

Question: Why did I receive an alert when logging into GTA Online saying that illegitimately gained in-game money was removed from my shared bank?

Answer: To keep the gameplay environment fair we have removed illegitimately gained in-game money from player accounts. If you received an alert saying that your shared bank balance was adjusted, that is because you had illegitimate funds in your account.

Too little too late. I remember logging in the first week and someone was spawning billions for everyone to scoop up. I got hit in the face with a money minigun that gave me over 10mil.

lol I low hove cheaters go straight to the source with this doe eyed look of confusion after they cheat "but, why did you ban my account for using an aimbot?" I mean seriously wtf is wrong with people. You had a trillion in-game dollars and very blatant message telling you it has been confiscated, fucking figure it out kid.

lol I low hove cheaters go straight to the source with this doe eyed look of confusion after they cheat "but, why did you ban my account for using an aimbot?" I mean seriously wtf is wrong with people. You had a trillion in-game dollars and very blatant message telling you it has been confiscated, fucking figure it out kid.

Yeah, the indignation of cheaters would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Same thing happened with Overwatch cheaters...."What the hell, Blizzard, I paid $40 for your game, I can play it with whatever hacks I want!" :rolleyes:

Reactions: nysmo
like this
Let's make a change.org petition for have GTA in game money switch to a bit coin system where you need to assemble your own in game components to create a simulated GTACoin miner in the game.

No tracking my in game dollars! Muahaha!

I despise cheating but in all the games that are cheatable I don't really care about this one. The money doesn't really mean anything in multiplayer. Still, they should have done this a long time ago if they were going to do it, it's obvious they want to sell Shark Cards.

I should go check if my account is empty. My question is how am I cheating if some guy shoots me with a moneybag minigun? I never cheated, but way back when I played it was so rampant I couldn't have stopped people from giving me money - hell they would try to crash your game with excessive money giving.

Normally I'm against any form of cheating in a multiplayer game but between them trying to sell in game currency for real money and tying the anti-cheat measures into the single player game I hope they continue to fail at stopping it.

I despise cheating but in all the games that are cheatable I don't really care about this one. The money doesn't really mean anything in multiplayer. Still, they should have done this a long time ago if they were going to do it, it's obvious they want to sell Shark Cards.

you can buy better cars and better upgrades for them

Perfect example of leftist thinking: If they're doing well, they must be doing something unethical, so let's take it all away.

... except they _were_ doing something unethical. It was known, documented, and now cleaned up.

They keep adding ways to make money, that require spending a bunch of money first, then earn money at a snails pace. They've somehow turned a game about theft, into a job/chore to make money.

you can buy better cars and better upgrades for them

Yeah, but since multiplayer in this game is so casual it doesn't matter too much. Everyone just drives that stupid Kuruma around that breaks all the missions anyway.

Back