• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTA 4 FPS Issues

Can somebody with an i7 and this game installed post benches with HT enabled and then disabled? It might be helpful for the rest of us...
 
the benches are useless imo, what we really need to see are core and mem usage stats while in the game, preferably driving through densely populated areas at high speed.
 
I have been having stuttering issues on my 3.8GHZ i7 930 and 5970, the framerate was in the 60s but I would still get micro stutters all the time. I noticed my HT cores were being used, so I installed Bill2s Process Manager and turned off HT when GTAIV is started, no more stutters =)
 
I just ordered the new Phenom II X6 and I'll report back if this game scales with more physical cores. If it does, and my chip can hit 4GHz, I might have finally tamed the beast.
 
I just ordered the new Phenom II X6 and I'll report back if this game scales with more physical cores. If it does, and my chip can hit 4GHz, I might have finally tamed the beast.
perhaps you should have looked at reviews before wasting your money. the Phenom II X6 does absolutely nothing more for GTA 4 than your current X4. really going from your cpu to the Phenom 2 X6 is silly if you are trying to improve gaming. the only slight advantage it has is that it can oc a little bit better.
 
perhaps you should have looked at reviews before wasting your money. the Phenom II X6 does absolutely nothing more for GTA 4 than your current X4. really going from your cpu to the Phenom 2 X6 is silly if you are trying to improve gaming. the only slight advantage it has is that it can oc a little bit better.
Where did I state that I solely bought the 1090T for GTA IV? I was only thinking of an incidental boost. By the way, which review tested GTA? The few I looked at didn't test it.
 
finally finished d/ling it from steam this afternoon. got to try it out for more than an hour.

during gameplay the lowest ive seen the fps go is around 43, it usually hovers around 53 and doesnt move around much. i am pleasantly surprised with how good it runs considering all the crap i have read about it.

im using 10.5 beta drivers.


GTAIV_2.jpg


GTAIV.jpg
 
Back
Top