Ground Branch

Performance looks atrocious, but I always wanted another game like this (original Rainbow Six, SWAT 4, etc.). Takedown was supposed to be that but ended up being garbage.

I just looked it up on Steam early access is back from 2018 people seem to like the game not sure how it plays.

10 years lol

That isn't an exaggeration. It has always been a project made by a few people in their spare time. Seems like they never got the funding needed to develop it full time. Problem is all I've seen so far is co-op, none of the squad commanding which would make the game good. Co-op or PvP with more realistic weapons is kind of underwhelming.

Way back when the planned story was set in Indonesia with a plot centered around the Chinese trying to secure oil fields/deposits or similar.

I did a search and found this thread. I got Ground Branch a couple months ago and have been playing it a little bit here and there. Anyone else around here got it? It's a lot of fun if you like realistic/tactical shooters. It looks and feels just like Ready Or Not but it's a military shooter instead of a police shooter. It does remind me a lot of the original Ghost Recon and original Rainbow Six. It's apparantly made by the same people as those games.

I'm afraid to buy the game because it's been in. EA since 2018. Plus there are no bots to help you out.

Yes it's still in EA but it runs well and is plenty playable. There are several game modes and about 10 maps. And you can play solo. You can adjust the amount of bad guys you face and their difficulty. You don't need bots.

My last reply in this thread was around 1 1/2 years ago. Game is still in a similar state. I do wonder if it will ever be complete, at least with a controllable squad or fire team. Right now it works well for a realistic shooter in terms of shooting and movement. But otherwise it is just co-op or you going at it alone. Bots are okay, but behavior is bot like and missions are essentially maps with basic objectives. No story or real mission objectives. As of now there are no crafted scenarios and objectives designed around it.

So if you want a realistic shooter for co-op/playing alone without an NPC squad and basic maps where you kill bots this might be worth it. I will say the shooting is some of the best in a video game ever in terms of realism.

Ready or Not is progressing much better. It has decently usable commands and officer AI so it is fully playable in single player. Graphics and animations are better, more voice acting. It will very likely see a full release with proper misison briefings and the missions fully worked out. Ground Branch does have better weapon recoil management but otherwise I feel RoN has much more to offer. If you love the genre, get both. If you only want a more complete game (that is still alpha) but is developing at a good pace, Ready or Not is the better choice.

Back