Grim Dawn Alpha starts tomorrow

Said every ARPG player, ever. :ROFLMAO:
I have so many blue items because I don't have legendary set items. I got tired of fighting the clutter. Taking a break for a little bit until the urge to play strikes again. Which is probably tonight! :)

I have so many blue items because I don't have legendary set items. I got tired of fighting the clutter. Taking a break for a little bit until the urge to play strikes again. Which is probably tonight! :)

We talking GDStash-level hoarding or vanilla?

I used TQVault back in the day but am afraid to get too crazy again (Luckily no-ones created a TQCollector equivalent that I've seen..)

- There was a vicious leaderboard back in the day on titanquest.net. That was good fun

We talking GDStash-level hoarding or vanilla?

I used TQVault back in the day but am afraid to get too crazy again (Luckily no-ones created a TQCollector equivalent that I've seen..)

- There was a vicious leaderboard back in the day on titanquest.net. That was good fun
I was going to use that mod for my stash, but I reinstall my PC on a whim and NEVER remember to back video game files up. I'd be pretty mad if I lost my loot because I didn't remember to save the files.

So unfortunately I can't use the mod. :(

I can't believe they are done with this game.....They really need a Grim Dawn 2 I thought they were working on at one time. Maybe they made enough money where they are happy with the project.

I can't believe they are done with this game.....They really need a Grim Dawn 2 I thought they were working on at one time. Maybe they made enough money where they are happy with the project.

Word on the street is after working on GD since... 2011? they wanna try/do something different etc.

I definitely expect GD2 eventually!

Damn I spent like 13 points in the crucible for a skill upgrade I didn't know it was just a buff I thought the whole tree would be lite in my constellation.

We’re here with another Grim Misadventure!

Last time 16, we previewed all that was released in our major free content update v1.1.3.0.

We inserted a Surprise Attack dev update 62 since then to take an in-depth look at all of the major improvements we have in store for you with the upcoming v1.1.4.0 update. We then hopped on our livestream 25 and showed them to you in action, including an unexpected surprise at the end!

You’ll be pleased to know that, barring a catastrophic discovery as we wrap up testing, we expect this flood of quality of life improvements to make their way to you later this week!

As we mentioned in the preview, this update may or may not be coming with the new Deferred Rendering tech, which is expected to boost performance for everyone significantly. I am now pleased to report that this major upgrade to the engine is in fact coming with v1.1.4.0! For those of your that can crank the game up to Very High video settings, we highly recommend you try the new renderer with Very High particles. It’s going to give combat a bit more…flair…

4586f0baaa4d1ba00d1d22c551054ed281180926.gif

Ok…maybe more like this…

2ba88ff8890b050221458eaddcc602d4606f849e_2_690x452.jpg
Particles.jpg1480×970 440 KB

Today, we’re going to dig a little deeper into what’s in store for you with v1.1.5.0 later this year. As you may have heard from an earlier update 6, Riggs will want a return on his investment, and the price is steep.

b5840bec5219d3542e61da75084776b89e603086_2_690x430.jpg
get.jpg1024×639 379 KB

There are secrets still buried within the Korvan sands that have not been unearthed for centuries, with good reason. Following the defeat of the Eldritch Sun, Riggs will be willing to wipe your debt clean, assuming you recover something valuable for him. Deny his offer though and you may find yourself dealing with those more eager to be free of their debts than you.

Should you make the wise decision to assist Riggs, you will be required to head into some…less than pleasant destinations. You’re not just seeking any old tomb. The way has been sealed and the key thrown away into the one place none would dare go: the belly of the beast.

b13ee9ab86cad0ada6566d2ca11c51bafb480bd1_2_690x325.jpg
Maw 1.jpg1887×890 256 KB

d7159356e1618c3a9de1818b677854cc1afde636_2_690x324.jpg
Maw 2.jpg1840×866 247 KB

Should you survive the Maw of Enaht and successfully recover what you seek, that marks only the beginning of your journey.

13e5d69b32b1d708b13d644ec8cf283ecba03763_2_690x330.jpg
Lost Oasis 1.jpg1852×888 218 KB

We won’t spoil the details here of course, that is for you to discover on your own. What we can tell you, however, is that your adventure will culminate in magnificent sights of a lush valley untouched by thieves or graverobbers. Within it lies Grim Dawn’s fifth Roguelike Dungeon!

Vast wealth and dangers await within, and of course Riggs’ prize. How far are you willing to go to settle a debt? You’ll find out in v1.1.5.0!

b6b20bfb33a67fec387bb250d9e55a0e1a3c758b_2_690x308.jpg
Lost Oasis 2.jpg1894×846 615 KB

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Grim Misadventures are posted less frequently as we focus on supporting the expansion and its upcoming content updates. Check back on 08/26/2019 for the next Grim Misadventure.

If you've put in over 50 hours in this game, buy a loyalist pack. This patch is completely retarded.
giphy.gif

V1.1.4.0

[Special Thanks]
The team wishes to express our sincere gratitude to the modding community for not only providing our players with new content to enjoy but also new features and utilities that they otherwise would not have access to.

With today’s update in particular, we wish to thank GlockenGerda for their hard work in creating Grim Internals and inspiring the team to incorporate several quality of life features that have proven to be a staple within the playerbase. We hope that these now baseline features will be a boon to all of our players!

[Deferred Rendering]
With this patch, you can now toggle Deferred Rendering under the Video Options.

Deferred Rendering utilizes additional graphics memory to reduce total draw calls per frame by around 30% or more. This should result in a decent performance increase, especially at high video settings. Complex scenes, such as Devil’s Crossing and parts of Fort Ikon, should see the largest gains.

With Deferred Rendering also come additional video setting levels: Very High for Reflections and Particles. With Particles set to Very High, you can enjoy awesome lighting effects on various spells and abilities that will make combat at night and in undergrounds especially dynamic!

Note: Deferred Renderring does require DirectX 11, so if you are running DirectX 9, you will not be able to toggle this setting. Deferred Rendering also uses FSAA Anti-Aliasing, so that option becomes a toggle rather than a drop-down when the new renderer is enabled.

[Update to Game Difficulty]
With this patch, the base game has received a substantial balancing overhaul of Normal/Veteran and Elite difficulties, over 1800 database records in all!

We felt that, over time, the base game’s difficulty has waned significantly relative to the power growth of player characters, and even compared to the Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods expansions.

We’ve narrowed the gap between the expansion content and the base game content, meaning that the lower levels should feel more exhilarating to play and the jump between difficulties will be much smoother.

Does this mean the endgame has gotten more difficult? Well, yes and no. No because we focused balancing on the early game (roughly levels 1-60), but yes because we’ve updated old monster and boss encounters to deal damage in line with expansion enemies. All in all, the challenge should feel more consistent!

[Major New Features]

• Auto-Loot for Components, Consumables and Crafting Materials is now available! Simply toggle the option in in the Game Options!
  • Partial Components that are looted are now automatically merged with other Partial Components in your inventory.
  • Monster Health Bars are now available! To enable them, open the Game Options menu and select your desired settings under the HUD tab.
  • Monster HUD has been overhauled with updated visuals.
  • Game Options menu has been updated with a new tab. The General tab has been split into Gameplay and Interface for better organization, and also cause General was ready to explode with options.
  • The Crafting UI now has a Search Bar to filter through your blueprints based on name or specific stats, similar to the Devotion search.
  • Owners of the Ashes of Malmouth expansion now have a Search Bar within the Stash, which will highlight items based on your parameters.
[Shattered Realm]

• Slathsarr Aethergaze’s poison pools now have a 50% shorter duration in the Shattered Realm.
[Crucible]

• You can now select which Crucible map you wish to play, or Random Map, when launching the Crucible.
[Art]

• Boneback rats & Rifthounds have received a visual update to bring them up to our modern standards, just as many early game enemies did before them!
  • Spell FX override priority has been reversed. Now the last override applied take precedence, meaning item skill modifiers with fx updates (ex. Callidor’s Tempest) will take priority over transmuter visuals (ex. Wrath of Agrivix).
  • Updated Spell FX for many projectiles, explosions and ground effects used by player and monster skills.
  • Updated Spell FX for many toggled and activated buff skills from masteries and items to reduce blowout and improve visuals.
  • Updated FX for Feet trails to reduce blowout.
  • Updated FX for Flames of Ignaffar & Transmuters to reduce blowout & improve visuals.
  • Updated FX for Olexra’s Flash Freeze to be a little…cooler.
  • Updated FX for Panetti’s Replicating Missile.
  • Updated FX for Rune of Kalastor & fragments to reduce blowout.
  • Updated FX for Sigil of Consumption, sigil texture & Transmuters to reduce blowout & improve visuals.
  • Updated FX for Trozan’s Sky Shard to reduce blow-out and improve visuals.
  • Updated various basic damage effects.
[Animation]

• Adjusted Female idle poses to improve posture and remove issue with loincloths sticking out strangely on armor.
[Tech]

• Fixed several issues that caused monster health to desync in Multiplayer (ie. client would see less/more health on a monster than it actually had).
[Game]

• Veteran Difficulty now grants a 10% Experience Gain bonus. This bonus is multiplicative with Experience Gain gear.
  • Increased Experience Gain on Elite difficulty
  • Improved stats on fixed item quest rewards (ex. so that they are more beneficial for the content that follows.
  • Reduced Ruined Devotion Shrine requirements on Elite and Ultimate difficulty. With the advent of the Difficulty Skip Merits, we feel that this will make the leveling experience smoother and not make going back to Normal difficulty to grab shrines feel as advantageous.
  • All Component Blueprints now generate Complete Components, rather than Partial Components. Required materials updated accordingly.
Full info (too big to post): https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-4-0/86026

I thought this was worth posting:

Diablo 2 remake - All 5 Acts COMPLETE
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347
896907e5a9c528943478afc2a5bf835ac44de7d3_2_690x388.png

Features:
  • Act 1-5 Complete
  • D2 classes (Amazon, Assasin, Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Paladin, Sorceress)
  • D2 items (Unique / Set / Runes / Runewords / Gems / Rainbow facets / Bows / Spears)
  • Mercenaries (hired in towns from these NPCs:Kashya, Greiz, Asheara, Aurora, Qual-Kehk, mercs scale with player char. stats)
  • Shrines (D2 buff shrines and also new “Shrine of Fate” = 1 random effect)
  • Pandemonium event (keys drop from The Countess, Summoner and Izual on Hell difficulty)
  • Cow Level (look for a goblin if you want to get there)
  • New secret uber boss areas (“one-shot” chest containing 1 unique / set item, once per difficulty)
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

Enjoy!

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-4-2/88640

V1.1.4.2 Hotfix 2

[Crucible]

• Updated spawn distribution for several waves above 151+
  • Updated monster Threat generation to hopefully reduce behavior of remaining within spawn areas.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Fabius’ Veil of Shadows in the Crucible
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Kaisan’s’ Eldritch Bolt in the Crucible
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Valdaran’s Lightning Bolt in the Crucible
  • Fixed an issue where Korvaak would become invulnerable in the air without casting anything, in the Crucible. He will no longer perform this animation at all.
  • Aetherial Ascended and Korvaak’s Chosen now have reduced Elemental Resist scaling with level in the Crucible.
[Shattered Realm]

• Mazaan now warns players using Celestial Waystones that they are entering incredibly challenging Shards not for the faint of heart. Players that proceed beyond Shard 60+ should be doing so knowing that they will be met with encounters that will test their limits, eventually reaching the point of unfairness.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Fabius’ Veil of Shadows in the Shattered Realm
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Grava’Thul’s Aura of Oppression in the Shattered Realm (this is already the case in the Crucible)
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Kaisan’s’ Eldritch Bolt in the Shattered Realm
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Valdaran’s Lightning Bolt in the Shattered Realm
[Tech]

• Fixed a crash with searchboxes.
  • Added a toggle option to bypass the Auto-Sort confirmation prompt.
  • Fixed Amarastra’s Blade Burst showing zero DPS while wielding an Amarastan Crusher.
  • Fixed Move To action when near friendly targets.
[Game]

• Fixed an issue where pet health bars and tooltips would show mismatched values.
  • Zantarin’s been to see an Orthopaedic surgeon and has improved his skill set, even gaining a little speed in those old bones.
[Itemization]

• Faction - The Desolator: now deals pure Fire damage and pierces through all targets, values adjusted accordingly
  • Rare Suffix - Annihilation (Shield): added bonus to Wendigo Totem
  • Rare Suffix - Cabal (off-hand): added bonus to Flames of Ignaffar and % Vitality damage, removed % Poison damage. Increased Activation Chance on the skill proc. Reduced % Cast Speed at lower levels.
  • Rare Suffix - Insanity: added % Vitality damage and bonus to Drain Essence. Removed chance of Confuse and flat Aether damage. Reduced % Cast Speed at lower levels.
  • Rare Suffix - Scorched Ends: added bonus to Eye of Reckoning, increased % Chaos Resist and chance to activate on the skill proc
  • Rare Suffix - Shattering (off-hand): added bonus to Rune of Hagarrad and Frostburn Duration, removed % Cast Speed. Updated skill proc.
  • Component - Seal of Destruction: reduced % Weapon damage and number of fragments on the granted skill
Legendary Non-Set Items

• Anderos’ Amplifier: now deals pure Fire/Cold damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Arcanum Electrollis: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Arcanum Sigillis: now deals pure Elemental damage, values adjusted accordingly, replaced bonus to Reckless Power with +2 to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
  • Beronath, Reforged: removed % Crit damage from granted skill
  • Cindercore: now deals pure Fire damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Conduit of Divine Whispers: removed % Attack/Cast Speed and Duration bonuses from the Ascension version. Increased the flat Aether damage and added % Aether damage
  • Deviltongue: now deals pure Fire damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Evoker of Elgoloth: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Executioner’s Judgment: updated values on the skill proc
  • Exonerator: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Exterminus: now deals pure Chaos damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Farath’s Cube: increased Cold damage modifier for Panetti’s Replicating Missile to 84
  • Gaze of Empyrion: reduced Cooldown Reduction modifier for Ascension to -2s
  • Grim Fate: reclassified as a Dagger, values adjusted accordingly.
  • Gutsmasher: added 50% of Lightning dealt as Physical and added 100% of Lightning dealt as Physical modifier for Savagery. Added 20% Weapon damage modifier for Blade Arc.
  • Mythical Anderos’ Amplifier: now deals pure Fire/Cold damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Arcanum Electrollis: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Arcanum Frigus: added 100% of Physical dealt as Cold modifier for Canister Bomb
  • Mythical Arcanum Sigillis: now deals pure Elemental damage, values adjusted accordingly, replaced bonus to Reckless Power with +2 to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange and added 100% of Chaos dealt as Elemental modifier for Fire Strike
  • Mythical Beronath, Reforged: removed % Crit damage from granted skill
  • Mythical Deviltongue: now deals pure Fire damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Evoker of Elgoloth: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Executioner’s Judgment: updated values on the skill proc
  • Mythical Exonerator: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Grim Fate: reclassified as a Dagger, values adjusted accordingly. Added 4% Crit damage. Increased Fire damage modifier for Thermite Mine to 96.
  • Mythical Obsidian Juggernaut: now deals pure Chaos damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Quillthrower of Dreeg: now deals pure Acid damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Witching Hour: now deals pure Chaos damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Wyrmbone Handguards: increased Lightning damage modifier for Thermite Mine to 45-70
  • Obsidian Juggernaut: now deals pure Chaos damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Quillthrower of Dreeg: now deals pure Acid damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Soulrend: now deals pure Cold damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Witching Hour: now deals pure Chaos damage, values adjusted accordingly
Legendary Set Items

• The Blightlord Set: increased Fire damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 85
  • Blightlord’s Carver: added -12% Vitality Resist Reduction modifier for Thermite Mine
  • Blightlord’s Vector: increased Vitality Decay modifier for Blackwater Cocktail to 80
  • Dawnseeker’s Light Set: fixed an issue where the changes in v1.1.4.1 did not apply with Forgotten Gods installed
  • Harra’s Artifice Set: added 100 Frostburn / 4s modifier for Callidor’s Tempest and increased Cold damage modifier for Stun Jacks to 35
  • Harra’s Chestguard: added 280 Health and removed Energy Regen (it was added back on the Necklace)
  • Harra’s Hood: increased % Attack Speed Reduction modifier for Callidor’s Tempest to 24% and increased % Crit damage modifier for Stun Jacks to 15%
  • Harra’s Ward: increased Energy Regen to 3.5
  • Heart of Ulzuin: removed % Cooldown Reduction
  • Mythical Heart of Ulzuin: removed % Cooldown Reduction and reduced Cooldown Reduction modifier for Blast Shield to -1.5s
  • Mythical Invoker’s Blaze: increased Fire damage modifier for Panetti’s Replicating Missile to 82
  • Mythical Ultos’ Stormseeker: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Mythical Valdun’s Hat: replaced bonus to Flashbang with +3 to Brimstone
  • Mythical Valdun’s Rifle: added 100% of Chaos dealt as Pierce modifier for Fire Strike
  • Nature’s Avenger Set: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Zolhan’s Technique to 75% and increased % Health Regen and % Attack Speed on the skill proc
  • Avenger’s Crusher: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Upheaval to 75%
  • Pyran’s Ruminations Set: replaced Mortar Trap modifiers with a 120 Burn / 3s modifier for it. The removed duration modifier was partially baked into the base skill.
  • Pyran’s Effigy: reduced Fire damage modifier for Mortar Trap to 60
  • Pyran’s Mantle: increased Health to 380 and % Health Regen to 18%
  • Pyran’s Vestments: increased % Health Regen to 18%
  • Pyran’s Visage: added 18% Health Regen
  • Stronghold of the Legion Set: granted skill now deals pure Fire damage instead of a split of Physical/Fire
  • Stronghold Defender: granted skill now provides pure Fire damage instead of a split of Physical/Fire
  • Stronghold Revolver: now deals pure Fire damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • The Cyclone Set: removed % Resist Reduction modifiers for Thermite Mine and increased its Fire damage modifier to 245. Reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 5%.
  • Cyclone Mask: reduced Fire damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 12
  • The Voidsoul Set: increase % Damage Modified modifier for Aegis of Menhir to 70%
  • Trozan’s Sky-Breach Set: removed % Slow modifier for Trozan’s Sky Shard. This bonus was added to Frozen Core in v1.1.3.0 and does not stack.
  • Ultos’ Stormseeker: now deals pure Lightning damage, values adjusted accordingly
  • Valdun’s Hat: replaced bonus to Flashbang with +3 to Brimstone
  • Warborn Bastion: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 6%
[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Crane: increased % Reflect Resist to 22%, % Elemental Resist to 12% and % Bleed Resist to 12%
  • Dryad: increased % Slow Resist to 15% and % Physical Resist to 4%
  • Fox: increased Cunning to 40 and increased % Bleed damage to 50%
  • Hammer: increased % Internal Trauma damage to 50%
  • Harpy: increased Offensive Ability to 24
  • Hydra: added 12 Physical damage and 4% Attack damage Converted to Health, removed Pierce damage and % Pierce damage
  • Empty Throne: updated bonuses
  • Owl: updated bonuses
  • Rat: increased % Poison damage to 74%
  • Spider: updated bonuses
  • Wraith: increased Offensive Ability to 24
  • Blind Fury: replaced Pierce damage and Physical Resist Reduction with Physical damage and increased % Attack Speed Reduction
  • Light of Empyrion: now triggers off of any hit, rather than just melee hits
Demolitionist

• High Potency: reduced Duration bonus to 1s
  • Mortar Trap: increased Duration to 24s
Nightblade

• Anatomy of Murder: reduced % damage to Humans to 15% by rank 12, 20% by max ultimate rank. This matches the values on Fabric of Reality and puts it in line with other such bonuses.
  • Pneumatic Burst: increased Health Regeneration scaling with rank, particularly at ultimate ranks.

Grim Internals and Full Rainbow have already been updated to support 1.1.4.2!
- seriously guys, consider using these -

Grim Internals - https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-grim-internals/38773

Some of the features:
  • auto-pickup for components/mats (definable radius 1-10.0 meter / default: 8.0)
  • floating text messages, based on your character’s combat attribute type, like “Stunned”, “Frozen”, “Trapped”.
  • onscreen death counter.
  • money counter (how much iron bits you get/lose per session)
  • buff- and debuff status effect icons in text format
  • hotkey (SHIFT+F1) to toggle the Infoboxes on/off
  • hotkey (CTRL+F1) to toggle the UI on/off (for better screenshots)
  • Monsterkill counter (N = Nemesis, B = Boss, H = Hero, CH = Champion, C = Common)
  • Dropped items counter (C: common, M: magic, R: rare E: epic L: legendary)
  • enabled developer debuglog 52 in console (only for custom mods)
  • enabled realtime combat log 36 (only for custom mods)
  • support for GrimCam 175 (if installed)
  • configurable healthBars for player, pets, multiplayer and monster 321
  • Selectable Crucible Map
  • Purple Lootbeam for dropped legendary items (Thanks to Ram and Darkstalix for providing this)
Full Rainbow - https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-rainbow-filter-item-highlighting/42765

Overview of features:
  • Prefix and Suffix have the color of their rarity, no matter the item they are on.
  • The Item’s Name:
    • is in the color of the base item’s rarity
    • MI are in different color than an item of the same rarity (rares are green, rare MI are olive)
  • Item Style/Quality are a different color (this includes Empowered and Mythical)
  • Properties in tooltips:
    • Damage Types have different colors.
    • If you do not want this one - delete tags_ui.txt from the files.

Last edited:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-misadventure-164-korvan-heresy/90127

Welcome back to Grim Misadventures!

Last time 179, we had a numerically driven preview of the extensive itemization changes coming your way with v1.1.5.0 later this year and gave you another reason why v1.1.5.0 is going to be Grim Dawn’s largest free content update ever.

We’ve scoured thousands of database entries. Nearly every single Epic item in the game has gotten a facelift to bring them to our modern standards. That’s about 1300 items if you’re counting Epics alone. But we did not stop there. We reviewed every Rare affix in the game, taking into consideration your favorites, and updated those as well.

But wait, there’s MOAR. We’ve also gone back through all the faction gear, particularly those from the base game, and made them a much more appealing option to fill the gaps in your gearing as you level up. With v1.1.5.0, low level faction gear will offer an excellent way to get your resistances ready for more challenging content ahead.

Is that enough? Probably…but it wasn’t good enough for us! V1.1.5.0 also includes a pass on all Monster Infrequents in the game to make them more versatile and uniform in power.

How’s that for an update?!

And just in case that wasn’t enough, this all comes on top of a major influx of new story content to digest. With Riggs eager to cash in on his deal with you (assuming you were willing to agree to his strange terms), you will soon find yourself on an adventure spanning the far corners of the Korvan Basin, eventually culminating in a lost oasis that was sealed away by the Korvan people centuries ago.

b6b20bfb33a67fec387bb250d9e55a0e1a3c758b_2_690x308.jpg
Lost Oasis 2.jpg1894×846 615 KB

But with the Eldritch Sun fading for good, for reasons that should be very clear to anyone that’s played through the Forgotten Gods content, something ravenous now claws at the edges of reality around Cairn; and it would seem that it has found a way through at the Tomb of the Heretic!

Events from centuries ago now threaten to repeat themselves. When the Eldritch Sun was away waging a war amongst the stars, some of the Korvan people grew restless in the absence of its light. They began to question their very faith. In pursuit of answers, they shied away from the sun and turned to the night.

What their heresy unleashed upon the Korvan Basin threatened to cover all of Cairn in eternal night, were it not for the intervention of the Korvan priesthood and the temple guardians. They put a stop to the damned rituals being performed and punished the heretics with unimaginable suffering. The forbidden work was then sealed away and the keys scattered to the sands.

8843a4aecf09a103aec3e0e9df8a234155eab185_2_690x232.jpg
RoguelikeMobs_01.jpg1600×540 263 KB

But the damage was done and the actions of a few have now come back to haunt the already ravaged lands of the Korvan Basin. Just how far-reaching its effects are remains to be seen.

3f51116d1fe82636a18abb4c485ef0681272729e_2_690x232.jpg
RoguelikeMobs_02.jpg1600×540 263 KB

Why Riggs would want to enter such a forsaken place is unknown. Perhaps he seeks the vast wealth of unique equipment found nowhere else in the game, the largest collection of any roguelike dungeon to date! Or perhaps his motives run deeper still. Are they sinister? Or benevolent? You will find out for yourself when v1.1.5.0 is released later this year!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Grim Misadventures are posted less frequently as we focus on supporting the expansion and its upcoming content updates. Check back on 11/04/2019 for the next Grim Misadventure.

I don't know if they've changed anything recently, but I'm running the game on max settings and with ultra lighting, shadows, and weather it's absolutely gorgeous.

I think every other time I've played the game I've played with "Veteran" turned on and it really felt like I was slogging through the lower levels. This time I unticked the box and I'm smashing everything. Currently running an Arcanist using Panetti's Replicating Missile...I was originally intending to use Albrecht's Aether Ray but Panetti's seems to be pretty awesome once you pump it up. Haven't decided on a secondary class yet.

Aether Ray is Beast it's easy to use you can just macro it to one of the side buttons on your mouse and just press it down whenever you need it. I tired the game on my new Samsung VA QLED 24" screen it looks really nice on that display.

Grim Misadventures have arrived.

Last time 74, we revealed some of the corruption seeping forth from the Tomb of the Heretic and the profound effect it had on the denizens of the Korvan lands.

As you already know, v1.1.5.0 is going to be Grim Dawn’s largest free content update ever, and we mean it when we say that.

Featuring 4 new dungeons, including a 5th roguelike dungeon, 12 new bosses and mini-bosses and an array of new items, v1.1.5.0 has a ton of new content to look forward to for owners of Forgotten Gods.

If you don’t own the latest expansion, don’t fret! The upcoming patch features a massive update to Epic and Rare quality items that applies to all versions of the game!

There is, as always, MOAR, but we’ll leave some surprises for patch day!

Today, we’ll delve deeper into the shadows of the Tomb of the Heretic. Feeling betrayed by his god, a traitor to the Korvan faith sought to unravel the Eldritch Sun’s influence. In desperation, he turned to the night and found comfort within its tendrils.

222b4dd35724b0dcb02db31dc3cce49c0efc05f6_2_312x500.jpg

Such betrayal alone would warrant grave repercussions, but that was not the end to the heretic’s despicable acts. In his celestial pursuits, he turned loyal Korvan magi into conduits of his vile schemes. Through seven rings, they were bound to his will. Through the rings, they each fell to darkness.

f91868190a1fc9cfe86c55582643ca55afe956ea.jpg

What good are powerful rings though if you can’t get them as loot! V1.1.5.0 features 4 new Monster Infrequents, 8 new Epic items and a staggering 15 new Legendary items found only within the new roguelike dungeon!

244ccdbc150b7d7fa1cc0d81ed0a2f46a78da264_2_621x499.jpg

aecf7bdd60904f85b71b19211991cb28cb571c13_2_621x499.jpg

852ea86dac6430939cadf59745a57f903a5f91a4_2_621x499.jpg

Just when will you get to enjoy this massive addition to the game? As you’d expect, this much content takes a lot of work, and we are not skimping on quality. There is still balancing and bug fixing to be done, so at this time we predict that v1.1.5.0 will be released around the end of November to mid-December. Rest assured that you will have access to all these goodies in time for the holidays!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Grim Misadventures are posted less frequently as we focus on supporting the expansion and its upcoming content updates. Check back on 12/09/2019 for the next Grim Misadventure as we wrap up the year and talk about what’s still to come!

Audio quality is sub-par but the info within is well-worth the 5 mins of your time..

Grimarillion in Crucible sounds nasteeeeee :cool:

Within the first 10 mins of me playing Grimarillion for the first time, I made this face --
source.gif

(I can't vouch for it highly enough and I'm happy to help anyone get it up and running. But, this is [H] so the install should eye-rollingly easy (y))

TLDR: Any frequent poster in this thread should be running: Grim Internals, Rainbow Filter, Grimarillion, Grimarillion Rainbow, and GD Stash..

Links -
Grim Internals: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-grim-internals/38773
GD Rainbow Filter: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-rainbow-filter-item-highlighting/42765
Grimarillion v72: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/rel-grimarillion-v72/46587
GD Grimarillion Rainbow Filter: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/rel-grimarillion-v72/46587/1433
GD Stash: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-gd-stash/29036

Last edited:
The moment has arrived at last. Grim Dawn’s largest free content update ever is here!

With v1.1.5.0, Grim Dawn has received a staggering update to itemization, over 6000 database changes. If that alone were not enough, v1.1.5.0 also features the Tomb of the Heretic roguelike dungeon for Forgotten Gods and a series of smaller dungeons that will lead you on a quest to uncovering its entrance. The claim that this is Grim Dawn’s largest update ever is no exaggeration. For just a taste of all that’s in store for you, you can read the changelog below.

We are beyond proud to get the culmination of many months work into your hands today and hope you all enjoy!

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-5-0/92442 (patch notes are far, far too long to post here in full)

(y)(y)

Updated Full Rainbow filter -
https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools/releases/download/v0.3.4/fullRainbow-1.1.5.0.zip

And Grim Internals for the die-hards -
https://mega.nz/#!1d8zAAIL!Vx_7MVCy9CIp3N6fKgZUQOg9g-TEDF20VBzn0xaH3X8

Last edited:
So when is 1.1.5.1 due and will 1.1.6 be larger than 1.1.5 ?

giphy.gif

V1.1.5.1 Hotfix 1

[Tech]

• Fixed an issue where player buffs could become desynced in Multiplayer, resulting in friendly auras dealing damage to allies.
  • Fixed an issue where equipping items from the Stash could result in a desync in Multiplayer.
[Game]

• Fixed an issue where enemies could spawn underground in the Hungering Darkness event.
  • Fixed an issue where the loot chest past Morgoneth in the Tomb of the Heretic would not open.
[Itemization]

• Fixed several item changes that were listed in v1.1.5.0 but were not included in the release build.
  • Removed common quality version of Morgoneth’s mace from the game. This was monster-only equipment not meant to be used by players.
  • Faction - Corruptian: added 100% of Physical dealt as Acid modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye and increased Physical damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 46. Removed % Physical dealt as Acid.
  • Blood Orb of Ch’thon: increased bonus to Bloody Pox to +2
  • Conduit of Arcane Whispers: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 16% and increased its Cold damage modifier to 92
  • Conduit of Runic Whispers: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 20%
  • Deathguard Set: increased % Crit damage modifier for Shadow Strike to 35%
  • Mythical Blood Orb of Ch’thon: increased bonus to Bloody Pox to +2 and added 30% Slow Resist
  • Mythical Deathmarked Hood: increased Cold damage modifier for Amarasta’s Quick Cut to 26
  • Mythical Dreegal’anore: increased Offensive Ability to 170 and increased Acid Retaliation to 1744-2400
  • Mythical Hallanx’s Head: removed +1 Summon Limit modifier for Wendigo Totem
  • Mythical Valdun’s Rifle: reduced % Chaos dealt as Pierce modifier for Fire Strike to 50%
[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Alladrah’s Phoenix: reduced % All Retaliation damage to 60%
  • Fox: added 2% of Attack damage Converted to Health
  • Gallows: added 3% Health
  • Rat: added 25% All Retaliation damage
  • Fetid Pool: reduced % Retaliation damage added to Attack to 8%
  • Messenger of War (Celestial Power): reduced % All Retaliation damage to 210%
  • Phoenix Fire: reduced % All Retaliation damage to 140%
Occultist

• Destruction: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank
Arcanist

• Disintegration: reduced base % Crit damage by 5%

Last edited:
Reactions: you2
like this
Any must have mods for life improvements in the base game? I have never gotten very far, but figured I would try again.

I have all but the Forgotten Gods Expansion.

Any must have mods for life improvements in the base game? I have never gotten very far, but figured I would try again.

I have all but the Forgotten Gods Expansion.

TLDR: Any frequent poster in this thread should be running: Grim Internals, Rainbow Filter, and GD Stash..

Links -
Grim Internals: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-grim-internals/38773
GD Rainbow Filter: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-rainbow-filter-item-highlighting/42765
GD Stash: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-gd-stash/29036

Full Rainbow 1.1.5.1 - https://gofile.io/?c=1Zlxch
  • Item Names
    • MI have a different color than items of the same rarity.
  • Tooltip
    • Each Damage Type has its own color.
    • Attributes and other Special stats have their own separate color.
(Seriously, this is the ONE QoL mod no one should be playing without, period.)

Upcoming version of Grim Internals is getting some new "Loot Beams" -

cdd0fad3bf5e3bbfba1731c9acc8167b4a9c9667_2_453x500.png

Purple = Legendary
Green = Double Affix Rares
Blue = Epic

I'll post once they've ironed out the kinks (most likely today or tomorrow)

Back