• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

greatest cans ever?

Crazylikeafox

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
70
what are the greatest cans ever in you opinion?

its either a tie between the MDR-V700DJ or mdr v6 the v700 its cooler looking so i guess it wins lol it also has breathtaking bass frequencies

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/26-159-215-01.JPG
WINNER

(14) Do not post MATERIAL where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (Bandwidth Theft) Images are to be hosted personally or by a third party host. thx --- magnetik
 
I haven't heard any of the real high end headphones (Stax Omega II's, K1000, HE60/90, etc), but so far I find my RS-1 through the Mapletree Ear+ HD the best I've heard, and I highly doubt that the beforementioned would better them by a long shot. The Sony's are VERY far from the greatest cans ever. :)
 
I can't answer the OP's question, but out of the two cans that I own in my sig, I'd have to say the A900 LTDs are technically slightly superior and in terms of sound signature preferences, superior as well.
 
ugh. I have owned the v700DJ's and personally thought they were awful. As far as the greatest cans ever... can't really comment other than I wish I could find a set of Grado PS1's

The v6's are much better than the V700's btw.. but it wouldn't take much to be better. :)
 
From the best I've heard, 1-3:

#1) AKG K-1000. Not really cans, more like earspeakers :)
#2) Grado RS-1 (LOVE these!)
#3) Senn HD-650, refoamed with thin silk & a Zu Mobius cable
Runner up: Ultrasone PROline 750. These really aren't talked about much, but totally kick ass with games/movies and certain music.

The best in the world are thought of my many to be the HE-90, AKA Orpheus from Sennheiser.
 
best ive heard

he90/hev90- yeah 15k for headphone/amp combo should sound good lol
Ad2000- mine great out of the box
CD3000- borrowed and loved on someone elses $$$ rig set up for them. At home on my budget rig they sound like crap.
ps-1- only grado i like, too bad they are $1400 with a pizza box

i really wanna hear some l3000 & w5000. One of those will be my next can
 
Yeah sorry those aren't even the best cans from Sony

SA-5000 >>> Sony V6 > MDR-700DJ

Even in bass

Beyer Dynamic DT770 > Audio Technica A900 > Sony V6 > MDR-700DJ

So OP, please don't use the term "best" or "greatest" unless you put a delimeter like price Point.

To my ears from what I have actually used/auditioned

Audio technica W5000
AKG K701
Sennheiser HD650 with aftermarket cable (hand built) and wooden cups

Yes I have heard the K1000, but not with proper amplification, but since they are really just speakers on your head (kind of like stax) I just can't call them cans.
 
Grado grado grado!

Grado RS1 (demoed them and wow)
Grado SR325i (another wow demo)
Grado SR225 with modded pads (my mains)
Sennheiser HD555 (haven't tried any thing better from them yet)
AKG k81dj
Koss KSC75
Followed by all those crappy cans...
 
I'm sorry Crazylikeafox, but that was the funniest post i've read in weeks.

Thanks for making me laugh.
 
My Grado RS-1's are the finest headphones I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.
 
I have the Sony MDR-V700 and can say they are garbage from experience. Supposedly the plastic breaks easily, but I've been real easy on them for that reason. My new problem with them is the internal speaker wire going from the left to right keeps getting severed. And let me tell you what a nightmare the surgery of that fix is. After I fix them this time they are going on Ebay or this forum for sale.

They are way to bass heavy and hurt you ears after an hour of use.

Anyone have any recomendations on some phones around 150 bucks that are good for listening to music and gaming? Comfort is a big concern also. Thanks.
 
I just got a pair of Sennheiser HD595's last week and they are very comfortable as they are circumaural so fit around the ears and put no pressure on them. I would classify them as somewhat neutral sounding.
 
If you wanna go high end
AKG 1000 one nasty set, will cost more than ur first car.
Audio-Technica ATH-L3000 (leather covered)
Audio-technica ATH-W5000 (wood)
Grado RS2
Grado RS1
Grado GS-1000
 
Stax Omega II + ES-1 is heaven. But I haven't tried the HE90 yet.

L3000 + DHA3000's got nothin' on this.
 
computerpro3 said:
Especially hooked up to that Fatality soundcard, right?

I mean, come on, they're good, but nowhere near great.

Lol, I was jokingly refering to the fact that they're MINE. :D
 
DJ'd for 12+ years with V6 headphones and love them best. nice sound, rock solid, great headphones.

since i am really familiar with them, they are an awesome reference monitor when i am checking various mixes of original productions (one of MANY reference montitors i use)

i don't think they are sold anymore though.
 
The best phones I've owned so far is the Stax Omega II by a very small degree. I'm now used to the sound as I think it does what it's supposed to pretty well, as well as the fact that I can have it parked on my head for hours on low-level listening. I ought to say that I've owned the Orpheus as well, but I found it uncomfortable as hell after an initial period of perhaps half an hour to an hour. I had a similar experience with the Sony MDR-R10. The frustratingly best possibility is the Sony Qualia 010, which now sits largely unused. It could be the best in so many ways but it's design makes it a pain to use. Comfy though.
 
Sony ...best headphones!!! Ahem, they make a few great usings and the almost legendary ones selling at blow prices online(collector's item).


In the "even people on a budget can buy,with a few savings"...

Sennheiser 650 Total bliss when used with a high quality transparent headphone amp.

Grado RS1 Not as revealing as the HD650 but pure joy to listen to,as musical as it gets.


The best headphones I ever heard as made by Stax,electrostatic and come with their amp.Better to my ears than any classic dynamic cans.
 
Back
Top