great day... look what i found!!!!

Atherton213

[H]ard|Gawd
story....

it was a nice day out today so i decided to ride my bike to work (which i do often here in florida)....i only live about a mile away...it was dark out (5 am ish) on my way there i was crossing the road... but cars were coming so i continued a bit... finally no cars so i go across the street... as im crossing the street i see something in the road...thought it was junk.... but for some reason i turned around to see what it was....well i got closer and noticed it was a cammera... well i was right... it was a digital camera... Fujifilm Finepix s3100 4mp....it was a little batterd but had this lense hood thing... kinda dark.. so ill see when i get to work... well the body had a little road rash... but the LCD was fine... flash wasnt broke... and lense cap was on this little hood thing that coverd the lense...i thought SWEET!!!!... open it up... 64mb card in... sweet again.... camera felt kinda light... i was thinking crappy its probly all broke inside...well it was light cause the battery door was open.. and there was no batteries.... no biggie... so after work i went out and bought some batteries to test it... well my luck it works perfect!!!... went through the 3 menus the camera has.. its a real beginner digicam... ill probly go out to walmart or something pick up a card reader or usb wire for it tonight... it will be a nice camera to have... although i have the a80 which is A LOT better... cant beat free though :) any way... pic of the camera.....

image86zb.jpg

specs page....

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/fuji_s3100.html

Nice FIND!
Sigh I miss riding my bike everywhere everymonth on everyday in Florida.
My Family moved to VA and I have been looking back 24/7. Not saying VA is bad but when you leave the place you were born and raised in for 15 years its very depresing....
Meh enough about me and agian Great Find man! :D :cool: ;) :)

I have a USB 2.0 XD card reader that I no longer use, if you want it, $13 shipped paypal :)

AWESOME find btw. That beats my pocket camera (Nikon CoolPix 3100) by a mile. That hood thing is a great addition, you can use filters and screw on tele/wide adaptors. Thats actually a decent point and shoot :)

Any pics on the mem card?

i used to live up north in Rhode Island... so ridinig bikes was summer only... or spring with a jacket... its great here in florida.... in decemeber to be able to ride my bike... and break a sweat (not on the way to work... on other bike rides more that 1 mile hehe im not in THAT bad of shape)

yeah there was some pics... nothing exciting... :p just some guys on a fishing trip... after looking at them kinda feel bad that they lost there camera... but oh well.... finders keepers... especially in the middle of the street at 5am :D

oh if anyone cares... here is a comparison in my 2 camera's

NEW!!! :D FinePix S3100
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/s3100/samples/dscf0068.jpg

Canon A80
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/a80/samples/IMG_0078.JPG

both 4mega pixel but the canon is def better i think... color seems more rich and more sharp... the finepix looks a little washed out... although pics taken on differnt days... at a differnt time of day (see shadow direction).... that steve-digicam site is a pretty good one.. he has a lot of nice review...

if no one knows the site...which i bet most do... www.steves-digicams.com

haha no :( was hopping there was something exciting... maybe? haha unless it was really ugly people then ehhhh

haha :)... i doubt it would have lasted in that street (main road) for more than a few hours
i found it just in time.... on the way back from work... i found the batteries... they were all crushed from cars hitting them

Lets think for a minute and think of reasons why you would drop a camera from a car, becuase that is most likely what happened.

I'm thinking that they were doing some quality tests and a promotional stunt at the same time, what do you guys think? :D

Man, so I traveled to Fla and S.O.B. if i didnt lose my camera.........bad day for me, fell out the side of my car when i was takeing a pic today :( was a Fugifilm too, not a bad cam but still was my baby im so mad cause i bet someone found it on their way to work :mad:

jk, sweet find d00d, wish i was that lucky :p ;)

soulsaver_8229

my first digicam was a FinePix 3800, which is pretty much the same as this one (3MP vs. 4MB). its pretty basic, but it takes some really decent pictures.

i gave it to my mother-in-law, and she absolutely loves it, all she wanted was something to point and shoot, and never have to worry about exposure settings, etc.

she took it on a recent cross-country trip, and to my surprise, she got some really, really good pictures out of that little camera.

Good Metallica_Band angel: Aren't ya going to even TRY to find out who's it belong to??? I mean if you magically turn it into a wallet, then just look at it that way...SOMEONE out there forgot it or accidentally dropped it or something...

Evil Metallica_Band angel: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Some poor shmuck lost his/her digi camera...don't listen to that foolish comment above...keep the thing for yourself!!! HAR HAR HAR!!!!!!!

I'd go crazy if I ran into soemone's lost, expensive thing...:eek: :D

BTW...what was on the card? Any pics??

on the card was pictures from a late 20's early 30's family at the beach... and some fishing trip

Metallica_Band said:
:confused: Didn't know there WERE digicams in the 20's/30's:confused:

:) Too funny, that's exactly what I thought of when he stated it like that. Maybe it belonged to a group of time travellers.

Somebody probably took some pictures and left it on the roof of their car by accident.. and boink - it dropped and you found it. ;)

RandysWay said:
Somebody probably took some pictures and left it on the roof of their car by accident.. and boink - it dropped and you found it. ;)

thats what im thinking... cause they had a little kid in the pictures... so probly trying to put him into a seat and stuff

Any pics of their house or street signs? If so you may be able to determine where they live and be can return it..

a beach.... and even if i saw a house or a street... ive lived here less than 6 months... so i wouldnt know where anyway

atherton213 said:
on the card was pictures from a late 20's early 30's family at the beach... and some fishing trip

hmmm. i seem to fit that description. gimme my camera back!!! :D

Back