DarkenReaper57
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Oct 2, 2003
- Messages
- 2,173
Hello everyone,
Sorry for the other forum post, stupid mistake. Anyway, I opened up my pump the other day to clean it out since it has been rather noisy since I bought it. The impeller area was 100% clean, so I opened up the back to check out the motor area. I noticed that there wasn't a ton of grease (which was clear) so I cleaned it out and put in some lithium white grease. It actually seemed to make it a bit noisier. This morning I cleaned out that grease and put in some thicker bicycle-type bearing grease, but the pump is still rather noisy (louder than before I opened it up).
Is there a certain type of grease that I should be using, and a certain amount? Does it take time for the grease to "settle in"?
I also noticed a black metal O piece that was warped in 4 places, but it looked like it was deliberately done so. Has anyone else opened up their AquaXtreme 50Z pump to see if this ring looks like this? It has a sort of wave to it.
Thanks.
Sorry for the other forum post, stupid mistake. Anyway, I opened up my pump the other day to clean it out since it has been rather noisy since I bought it. The impeller area was 100% clean, so I opened up the back to check out the motor area. I noticed that there wasn't a ton of grease (which was clear) so I cleaned it out and put in some lithium white grease. It actually seemed to make it a bit noisier. This morning I cleaned out that grease and put in some thicker bicycle-type bearing grease, but the pump is still rather noisy (louder than before I opened it up).
Is there a certain type of grease that I should be using, and a certain amount? Does it take time for the grease to "settle in"?
I also noticed a black metal O piece that was warped in 4 places, but it looked like it was deliberately done so. Has anyone else opened up their AquaXtreme 50Z pump to see if this ring looks like this? It has a sort of wave to it.
Thanks.