Graphic Equalizer

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by TechLarry, Mar 4, 2017.

1. GlacierNine

GlacierNine [H]Lite

Not only have you not actually read what I posted (See that bit about Nvidia quality settings? That covers exactly what your suggestion is), but even then, FSAA takes every polygon in a scene and then adjusts in relation to it - it would be much more analogous to room correction, not just basic EQ.

As far as I'm concerned, what's on the CD is what should be heard. Fucking with that not only usually makes things worse (Because people who do this sort of thing are not professional sound engineers), but also in many cases, such as the Burzum example above, would simply nullify the impact and sensibility of the music being listened to.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 12:47 PM
  2. rezerekted

rezerekted 2[H]4U

Well, I am in disagreement, home stereo is like an art and not a science and if tweaked EQ sounds better to me then so be it.

pendragon1 likes this.
  3. B00nie

B00nie [H]ardness Supreme

To a certain extent you're right. But when you pass a certain requirement level self adjustments are a big no-no.

4. rezerekted

rezerekted 2[H]4U

I don't EQ my speakers, just my headphones.

5. B00nie

That's quite surprising, actually. Either you have very bad quality headphones or you don't like a natural sound balance.

6. rezerekted

rezerekted 2[H]4U

Depends on the headphones, I like to boost the bass on a couple and on another pair I bring down the top end a bit.

7. B00nie

The good side about headphones is that they respond to EQ better than regular speakers.