Grand Theft Auto 5 Trailer

Otherwise this game is getting call of duty syndrome.

And Call of Duty is getting Madden syndrome. They need to just start naming it like Madden too. CoD 2012 is almost out!

2.) What's up with the redundant "V" and "FIVE" in the logo? :rolleyes:

My mother's likely response: something something... American education system... something something... don't know roman numerals... something something...

Nothing she says is less than about 5 minutes between expected response from whoever she's talking to, you can fill in the rest by going to Fox news and quoting some articles there.

trailer showed pretty crisp graphics. Looks like the pc version ?

I'm hope after the gta IV fuckup, they're not gonna mess up the pc version this time.
gta4 still ran fine on my cheap rig though.

I am looking forward to this. It would have been nice to see some graphic updates more in line with some of the GTAIV modders work out there.

If you have not seen GTA IV iCEnhancer 1.3 yet check it out!! It is stunning.

http://youtu.be/OBw0R1AUU64?hd=1

Hopefully they will allow modders to fiddle with the engine and tweak it.

I am looking forward to this. It would have been nice to see some graphic updates more in line with some of the GTAIV modders work out there.

If you have not seen GTA IV iCEnhancer 1.3 yet check it out!! It is stunning.

http://youtu.be/OBw0R1AUU64?hd=1

Hopefully they will allow modders to fiddle with the engine and tweak it.

There most likely won't be, guaranteed this is console first. So don't expect too much in terms of what they'll do because the consoles are so outdated now.

I'm excited about this one. Looks like the return of the San Andreas gameplay with a GTA IV graphic facelift. Looks pretty promising, hopefully I'll have an adequate video card for it by the time it is released on PC.

Being a Socal person, I dig the Hollywood/LA scenery much more than the New York (Liberty City) one. Haven't played a GTA since San Andreas anyways.

The graphics looked a little too good for the consoles for me. Wouldn't be surprised if they were showing off a PC build. :p

I just hope they bring back the good stuff from SA. GTA4 was great technically but other than the new combat system (which WAS a big improvement) the gameplay felt like a step backwards to me.

I think the PC version will be infinitely greater than the consoles, consoles being so limited an all, GTA4 looks like shit on consoles. everything is blurry and jagged. I can't imagine this new game being that much better on consoles, at BEST maybe uncharted 2-3 quality on a large scale city (drewls) if optimized for the ps3 but since it's 3 platforms, I won't hold my breath. Either way i'll look forward to it :)

I like how the trailer has this movie quality feel to it.

Being a Californian and having lived in Los Angeles and the outlying cities in the metropolitan area-- Long Beach, Carson, Torrance-- I'm pretty excited to see this game. I wonder how far or how much they'll cover of the LA basin or SoCal itself. I live in Riverside County now, I wonder if they'll go that far east. How about south? Orange County or San Diego County?

North looks like up to San Fernando Valley at the highest part of Metro LA. To the West, I think maybe up to Santa Barbara.

Aside from the car chases and open daylight bank robbery in the trailer, or even the jet flying through the city, they got Los Angeles covered very well.

I wonder if they'll add the rush hour traffic on the 110, 405, 101, 5, 10, and 710 freeways too. Lol. You can't have LA without those. Hahaha. :D

I think the PC version will be infinitely greater than the consoles, consoles being so limited an all, GTA4 looks like shit on consoles. everything is blurry and jagged. I can't imagine this new game being that much better on consoles, at BEST maybe uncharted 2-3 quality on a large scale city (drewls) if optimized for the ps3 but since it's 3 platforms, I won't hold my breath. Either way i'll look forward to it :)

Consoles are only limited because they are...OLD lol (360 - almost 7 years old) and (Ps3 almost 6 years old) .. when the hardware gets old, development is remolded to fit the platform vs being platform agnostic as such with the PC...you can buy a crappy PC and run on low settings..or you can spend a lot of money to run on Ultra.. no options between interchangeable hardware of a console without restriction by manufacture. I am not saying it cannot be done.

I actually hated GTAIV so I really hope GTAV is to GTAIV as GTA:SA was to GTAIII. So many acronyms.

so stoked for this game. despite all the graphics debates and console exclusivity issues, gta has always been about the setting and atmosphere, and by the looks of the trailer this game is set to hit the nail on the head.

2.) What's up with the redundant "V" and "FIVE" in the logo? :rolleyes:

Look on the back of a dollar bill.

Obviously not exactly the same thing, since dollars don't use roman numerals, but that seems to be the stylistic theme they were going for (especially with how the V is shaded.)

Can't watch trailer. Someone PLEASE tell me it isn't the same gangbanger characters and gameplay as GTA:SA.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

No, its not. Sounds like the same area as GTA:SA but its an older white guy mobster who "retires" to California (just my opinion of the video, could be different)

Looks REALLY badass, definitely worthy of $30+

I like the characters and story and all that of SA, but the stupid crap nobody really cared about (leveling up your guys muscles and dumb non-GTA shit like that) plus the shitty animations really drew me away from SA. I played it a lot.... but probably the least of them all.

It looks like its OWN GAME, and I hope its nothing like SA.... lets hope its a FRESH new game, because thats what its looking like..

There is a lot of speculation that if it ties into any of the previous titles (lightly mind you) it would be VC or GTA3. Kotaku had a cool article on the trailer, said that they are clearly in the same reality of GTAIV as well (due to similar ads and signage).

They also pointed out that the recession is clearly a focal point being that they were showing scenes of foreclosed property.

Just some food for thought. Here is the Kotaku article : http://kotaku.com/5855612/the-coolest-things-we-spotted-in-the-gta-v-trailer/gallery/1

Look on the back of a dollar bill.

Obviously not exactly the same thing, since dollars don't use roman numerals, but that seems to be the stylistic theme they were going for (especially with how the V is shaded.)
Perhaps, but I still don't like it. But if that's the worst thing about this game, then that would be worth it. :cool:

That Jalopnik link I gave is working for me right now.

yeah im thinking its my work firewalls. :/ got off work at 11 last night and got up for work at 6 this morning. guess i'll check it out tonight if i can.

trailer showed pretty crisp graphics. Looks like the pc version ?

I'm hope after the gta IV fuckup, they're not gonna mess up the pc version this time.
gta4 still ran fine on my cheap rig though.
I am gonna guess it's running on the PC, but not meant for PC...

yeah im thinking its my work firewalls. :/ got off work at 11 last night and got up for work at 6 this morning. guess i'll check it out tonight if i can.

Sounds like you need to invest some into a private VPN link to home :)

I am gonna guess it's running on the PC, but not meant for PC...

Only time will tell..... as usual, they have released to consolers first. I would not mind either way. Hell, I bought and still use my XBOX 360 exclusively for GTA4.... thats it. No bs.

That's where 90%+ of my console gaming has been since 2009.... I still have my receipt for all of it, even :p

Sounds like you need to invest some into a private VPN link to home :)

considering i work for DoD, that would probably be a one-way ticket to gitmo. :eek: game looks good though! still gotta play most of gta4 first but i think i have time.

Hope you got to see the vid by now.

Sign on the hill said Vinewood, so I'm assuming the V stands for that and just happens to be a play on the roman numeral for 5 also.
It could be, but I'd strongly feel that the "V" stands for 5 and not Vinewood.

gta.png

gta5.png

Who's smart? Yes, yes, I am.

Back