Gran Turismo

I played Monza while it was raining and switched to the in-car view, very impressive effects of the rain beading on the windshield.
I like how they're affected by g forces, but I hate how they look. So low res that they catch my attention a hell of a lot. I don't use cockpit in rain / snow any more.

Last edited:
Anyone willing to send me a Ford SVT Lightning '03? I can reciprocate with a car of greater value. I just can't find the damn thing in the used dealership. :mad:

Nevermind on this. Literally one race after I post this I check the dealership and it's there.

I like how they're affected by g forces, but I hate how they look. So low res that they catch my attention a hell of a lot. I don't use cockpit in rain / snow any more.

looks good to me. but i dont use cockpit view anyway. cant see fuck all

man the loading is sometimes killing me in this game, when 256gb ssd's are under $150, im taking out the 640gb disc hard drive and going SOLID STATE!

How many levels do I need to gain in B-Spec before I stop ripping my hair out? My driver has gained a few levels however he is a brain dead monkey that still cannot find a way to pass people on a straight with 120 HP advantage. Also anytime I try to make a pass in a corner, this pretty much means "drive directly off the track as soon as possible". If I try hanging out in the back of the pack, he just gets mad =/

How many levels do I need to gain in B-Spec before I stop ripping my hair out? My driver has gained a few levels however he is a brain dead monkey that still cannot find a way to pass people on a straight with 120 HP advantage. Also anytime I try to make a pass in a corner, this pretty much means "drive directly off the track as soon as possible". If I try hanging out in the back of the pack, he just gets mad =/

You have a while to go at the least. The only way to win in b-spec is to give him a much better car than the field. My guy is level 12 and can't win level 3/4 races with a better car. It has to be significantly better.

You have a while to go at the least. The only way to win in b-spec is to give him a much better car than the field. My guy is level 12 and can't win level 3/4 races with a better car. It has to be significantly better.

Ugh, I think my driver is only at 8 now. The whole frustrating this with B-Spec is that I never feel like I am really doing anything productive in calling the race. I've tried micro managing entire tracks, tried charging at different times, switching car setups, and nothing works unless the car is uber. I think I should be able to kick back, relax, and call an intelligent race strat to have my driver do well against similar cars. The only races my driver has won have been in cars with a 200+ HP advantage and even then I need to pray he passes everyone before the opening lap is half over before he devolves in an idiot again.

I actually want B-Spec to be fun, I just think PD implemented the mode extremely poorly. It would be fun if you could cancel orders, have the driver pass on the inside/outside, see the driver learn from mistakes, not have the driver tap the brakes for NO FREAKING REASON, or maybe even teach the driver things directly. Instead its like "Gain +50% HP advantage and do laundry during the race" as the winning strat.

My Bspec driver is 12, and he uses the fully tuned stealth Mclaren F1 and he slaughters. His lap times are respectable aswell. Not close to mine, but he never spins out and races good lines.

Instead its like "Gain +50% HP advantage and do laundry during the race" as the winning strat.
Yup, that's about what I do. I sometimes wait until he gets in first before leaving but usually I just leave and turn off the TV. I don't even want to see him racing because it's frustrating.

The big prize seems to be the X1/X2010 at level 35. Other than that the only good thing is the money. Getting to a level where you can do endurance races might help as well...but that's far off.

I dunno.. For almost 6 years of development I feel a little ripped off..

Why is there really no premium 94-99 Supra's? (or many other cars at that)
Damage feels generic
Feel like im playing GT4, more than a new and fresh GT5.
Where the hell has all the customization gone??? No brake kits, no rear bumpers, no engine swaps.. WTF...

And the graphics... yeah When you take a photo it looks AMAZING!, but playing the game.. I get the "been there done this" feeling..

Just irritates me that I payed 60 bucks for a game that is just Barely updated from GT4.. Granted Im only at lever 15, but at this moment, Im not seeing anything that makes me want to keep playing.

All the cars I like are standard cars, so no cockpit, no rims, look like shit..

I may have to bring my 360 outta retirement...

/end rant..

gt5capering01s.jpg

Yeehaaw!!!

i should be 40 in B-spec around 3am christmas morning :) about 12 hours from now.

I dunno.. For almost 6 years of development I feel a little ripped off..

Why is there really no premium 94-99 Supra's? (or many other cars at that)
Damage feels generic
Feel like im playing GT4, more than a new and fresh GT5.
Where the hell has all the customization gone??? No brake kits, no rear bumpers, no engine swaps.. WTF...

And the graphics... yeah When you take a photo it looks AMAZING!, but playing the game.. I get the "been there done this" feeling..

Just irritates me that I payed 60 bucks for a game that is just Barely updated from GT4.. Granted Im only at lever 15, but at this moment, Im not seeing anything that makes me want to keep playing.

All the cars I like are standard cars, so no cockpit, no rims, look like shit..

I may have to bring my 360 outta retirement...

/end rant..
Yea I agree on a few of these points. I wish there was a B7 RS4 in the game. Even as a standard model...but nothing.

Unless you get happier with MUCH faster cars then you won't be happier as you level up. I've found that, in order for the game to be more fun, I have to not full upgrade my cars when racing A-spec. That way there is a decent chance I'll lose.

Finally got this, popped the disk in all excited, 608 MB download required?! WTF.
I know this has probably been posted already, just venting being on 1Mbit DSLow it's going to take hours to update and took the fun out of xmas eve. :(

just unplug your net, and play for a bit, nothing really exciting in the update besides generic damage, and season events..

Then when you get bored and go to bed dl the update. :)

I also noticed a little less screen tearing after the update - any updates are welcome in my book :)

does anyone have a 2005 Nismo Skyline GTR Z-Tune? I really really need this car, please PM me if you can help

Finally got this, popped the disk in all excited, 608 MB download required?! WTF.
I know this has probably been posted already, just venting being on 1Mbit DSLow it's going to take hours to update and took the fun out of xmas eve. :(

Shut off the console, unplug the NIC, turn it back on and enjoy [insert unpatched PS3 game here]. This applies for pretty much any game. The first time I popped in Little Big Planet my 5 year old was not amused :eek:

I cant do it today, but first person to PM me their PSN ID, Ill gift them the Redbull X1 tomorrow or the day after.
IF....
If they agree to pay it forward and gift it atleast once to another [H] member.

I started doing the license things since I'm almost done A-spec and B-spec.

Why can't I force that stupid "skid force recovery" option to off in pretty much all the tests? It forces me to drive very unrealistically just to get that extra grip to get gold... doesn't make sense. They are teaching me to go wayyy to fast into the corners, then get magical grip (I guess until the mana runs out) then drive away.

Also... if I do 13.5 seconds on the first run and I get a trophy.... then I do 13.450 the second run... it only keeps the ghost from the 13.5 run!!! ridiculous... I'm trying to improve... how is showing me my first slower run all the time helping me. I improve... record it and show me how I did it.

Ok, I'm done :D.. I just find these to things annoying.

I got the game and Logitech Driving Force wheel. All I can say is WOW! The wheel is awesome! It makes the game truly immersive for me and more realistic of course. I really enjoy the force feedback although I wish I had a seat to attach it to because it moves in my lap quite a bit.

Has anyone made a chair or bit the bullet and bought one?

I enjoy the game for being classic GT although I'm barely into the game so far I'm very happy with it.

I got the game and Logitech Driving Force wheel. All I can say is WOW! The wheel is awesome! It makes the game truly immersive for me and more realistic of course. I really enjoy the force feedback although I wish I had a seat to attach it to because it moves in my lap quite a bit.

I enjoy the game for being classic GT although I'm barely into the game so far I'm very happy with it.

I was looking at full seat systems, but they cost so much.
The rennsport stand is idea for most as it can be used at a couch or regular chair, is adjustable and collapsible. But I have seen it going for around $200 if you can find it these days, its sold out everywhere.
rennsport_wheelstand.jpg

This one looks idea also, its adjustable and sells for around $140. That still steep, but again, sold out everywhere.
xlstdmaned.jpg

And some build their own, this is probably what Ill do, if not Ill do something like the one above myself.
710542455_7109d98e64.jpg

Yeah, bought the Playseat Evo about a year ago to go with my G25. It's worth every penny.

There are a ton of custom seat ideas on GTPlanet but meh, the Playseat Evo is the way to go in my opinion.

The rennsport stand is idea for most as it can be used at a couch or regular chair, is adjustable and collapsible. But I have seen it going for around $200 if you can find it these days, its sold out everywhere.

This one looks idea also, its adjustable and sells for around $140. That still steep, but again, sold out everywhere.
]

And some build their own, this is probably what Ill do, if not Ill do something like the one above myself.

I personally dont like setups that have a pole between the legs. The single stalk doesn't look super rigid to me either (I know I know, people say they are steady, but the couple I've used weren't steady and watching videos of others they dont look all that steady). I prefer something home built with 2 supports down to the pedals like your 3rd picture.

So can some one please set me straight. The Logitech G25 or G27 do not work with this game or they do, but the buttons do not work?

They work fine. The G27 has issues with many of the red buttons not working/doing anything (i.e. no wiper/horn controls, no RA access, etc)

To add to Sabre's post, you cannot remap the buttons (as far as I know and tried).

I appreciate the feedback. So it the game playable with the G27 minus button mapping? I have both but want to sell one or the other. I bought specifically for GT5 and I keep hearing you can/can't play with the G25/G27.

I appreciate the feedback. So it the game playable with the G27 minus button mapping? I have both but want to sell one or the other. I bought specifically for GT5 and I keep hearing you can/can't play with the G25/G27.

I have a USB Logitech MoMo wheel from ??? that appears to be unsupported however it works perfectly fine. Also the MoMo wheel does not have a dpad on it so I have to launch the game with a controller and the wheel plugged in, then re-assign the controller to be #1, then navigate with the controller and drive with the wheel. I cannot remap the buttons either (at least not logically) however this has not been an issue, I just randomly turn on the wipers a few times a race...

Anyway my point here is that as long as the wheel, feedback, and pedals work correctly you should be good. If you drive manual just find out if the gear shift works, I wouldn't worry about the button remapping and other oddities that may not affect you 99.99% of the time.

Yeah, the game is playable with the G27. There might be a problem of shifting to 2nd with the shifter and the clutch on the Rome course. Haven't checked if the issue still exists with the latest update though.

You have both the G25 and G27? Here is a comparison of both wheels:

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_153b.html

Just reading that alone, I was already set on getting the G27 over the G25, without using either.

Thanks for the info Droc. It looks like the $140 ish option wouldn't be too bad to make. The hardest part would probably be collecting all of the materials. That product or similar is listed on Amazon for $99, but is sold out like you said. Hmmmm possibilities...

Here's an easy option I saw on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZjAEQBbRbo&feature=related

Probably a better option if you want to put the effort into it and have the right tools.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTw53z7t-0&feature=related

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Droc. It looks like the $140 ish option wouldn't be too bad to make. The hardest part would probably be collecting all of the materials. That product or similar is listed on Amazon for $99, but is sold out like you said. Hmmmm possibilities...

Here's an easy option I saw on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZjAEQBbRbo&feature=related

Probably a better option if you want to put the effort into it and have the right tools.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTw53z7t-0&feature=related

You could use PVC pipes if you want to make a set up with a seat. Doesn't require too much skill because it is just cutting pipes and attaching them to joints. Just make sure that you use pipes are not not really thin.

So I'm grinding to A-Spec lvl 21 and I notice that my cars have should have a lot more wins on them then the game shows. After trying out some stuff, seems that the game doesn't record a win to your car if you repeat a race right after you win it. You have to exit the race and go back to the challenge menu then choose that race again.

It adds a bit over 1 minuet when doing the Turbo Challenge - High Speed Ring in the Expert Series.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice I might consider doing something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Revolution-Stee...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item53e0c9398f

I've got some exprience because I made some agility obstacles for my dogs using pvc :D

If you go that route, you might want some hefty weights on the bottom. If you make a setup with a seat, your body weight and foot pressure can serve as the weight (what I did). You will also need to either glue or nail the pipes into the joints. The feedback from the wheel and the force you apply to turn the wheel could pull the pipes out of the joints. When I made my setup, it was falling apart within 10 minutes. Once I drilled holes and use the nails as a "lock," it hasn't fallen apart since.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back