Gran Turismo

I bought GT5 yesterday and I gotta say that i'm enjoying it, what are we supposed to do, cry tears for those who aren't enjoying it and want to waste time picking apart it's flaws? Sure it's not a perfect game, no game is. My only gripe is the driver AI in B spec mode, the driver fails to overtake the cars when if I were controlling the driver, I would have passed with no problem.

That's my only real gripe so far.

I will have GT5 soon. A PS3 finally resides under my TV. I can't wait to have a go at those licences. I have all golds in all the previous games (except GT5 Prologue).

Yeah, instead of moaning every day about the game you're moaning every day about the people on this forum. :p

That's awesome for you, but that's not the case for everyone, not everyone cares solely about online experience. I have several PC sims that I can and do play for the online racing, I've sunk many hours into games with average graphics, retard AI and a complete lack of polish.

That's NOT what I'm looking for in GT and not what I've been hoping for over the time I've been following the game. I want my sexy graphics, I want my AI that puts up a challenge while racing cleanly (which you don't find in most online games!), I want a well polished, balanced and entertaining career mode, I want the sexy cockpit view that I use in all other racing games in the past 5 years.

If all I wanted was a good online race I'd play live for speed or GTR/RACE like I have been for the past 4 years.

But whatever, point being for someone complaining about people moaning every day instead of enjoying the game, you sure do a lot of moaning yourself.
If you also game on a pc then why are you expecting sexy graphics on a console :p

If you also game on a pc then why are you expecting sexy graphics on a console :p

Because PC sims dont have sexy graphics and people have always touted GT5P as having graphics so much better than PC sims ;) Of course the best looking racing games (not sims) are the PC ports of NFS, F1 2010, etc. :)

I bought the game on launch day and got all golds in the first few licenses so far. I was planning on just using the cars I won from the license test to race with and using my start out money to improve them, but they force you to buy a car before you can even start the license tests.. which is gay.

Also, another thought came while I was doing these license tests:

WTF good was it to play GT5 Prologue?! I don't see any options to import data from that game and I beat the shit out of it hoping some of those cars, licenses (which I got all gold on), progress would carry over to GT5, but it's like they just totally forgot about it. What's worse is that they let you import cars from the PSP version that wasn't very good or sold as well in the first place. Do they plan on adding this support later or am I just missing something..?

Double Double toil and trouble;

gt5-gift-cars-01.jpg

ps3-wallpaper.jpg

gifting ftw!!!

Last edited:
What's worse is that they let you import cars from the PSP version that wasn't very good or sold as well in the first place.

Well, the car importing from the PSP only imports to the arcade mode so it isn't such a big feature.

I'm really into gt5. Got all gold in first license and working on all gold on second license. It's very fun driving GTR with 820hp

I was tearing it up in my Mustang Mach 1 for days on end. Had all the mods on it, was around 760hp and 800ftlb. A brutish and loud muscle car that drove so beautifully I couldnt stop driving it.

Now Im back in my chromeline Mclaren thats fully tuned and moves like a cat with a firecracker up its ass.

Just acquired the Red Bull X1, finally. I'm still coming to grips with the unexpected degree of difficulty of even bronzing the challenges with the Dualshock 3. I unlocked both ending movies long ago, but only now do I feel I've truly beaten the game.

I was so suprised with Bern being in the game. I saw it and recognized it right away. They really nailed it. Those are pictures from a trip i made back in 2003

060505008-vi.jpg

060505006-vi.jpg

Just acquired the Red Bull X1, finally. I'm still coming to grips with the unexpected degree of difficulty of even bronzing the challenges with the Dualshock 3. I unlocked both ending movies long ago, but only now do I feel I've truly beaten the game.
I haven't got bronze on them yet, nor do I reckon I will. I may have to hire a teenager to come and do those races for me because I've simply not got the reactions in my old (30s) age. :D

I haven't got bronze on them yet, nor do I reckon I will. I may have to hire a teenager to come and do those races for me because I've simply not got the reactions in my old (30s) age. :D

Don't count yourself out! Rubens Barichello is 38 and nearly won the World Driver's Championship last year - you can surely do this but, like me, it will take memorization and working through the most debilitating frustration you've ever known. But it all comes down to muscle memory. Go around dozens of times per challenge. Go off at every corner and figure out braking points, when you can reapply throttle, etc. until you can't imagine how you could have ever taken the corner differently. Watching the reply helps you find where you're dropping time. But the biggest part of it is mental - don't ever think you can't. I await your victory declaration post.

Oh, and in case it's of any help, I used ABS = 1 and no TC.

Yeah, same settings. I've only got the one bronze on Monza and I'm honest I'm in no great rush to try for any of the others. I'm about a day off getting the car via b-spec for free anyway so major loss.

It's the sort of thing I'd have done in a couple of solid hours of repetition in my 20s... but I couldn't even imagine doing it now. Same reason that I wont do the 24 hour endurance races. It's a nice achievement, but the old man part of me screams that it's a waste of time. :)

It's the sort of thing I'd have done in a couple of solid hours of repetition in my 20s... but I couldn't even imagine doing it now. Same reason that I wont do the 24 hour endurance races. It's a nice achievement, but the old man part of me screams that it's a waste of time. :)

I'm only 25 and there's not way in hell I'd do a 24 hour enduro. My idea of an enduro is 2 hours... 24 hours is just crazy :p

Just did some calculations and you'll need to run Le Mans 24 hours 11 times to go from 35 to 40 in bspec. That's over a week (pushing two weeks) of having the PS3 on 24 hours a day...

/smh

Just did some calculations and you'll need to run Le Mans 24 hours 11 times to go from 35 to 40 in bspec. That's over a week (pushing two weeks) of having the PS3 on 24 hours a day...

/smh

im lvl 38 in B-spec right now.

Your PS3 hates you.

Also, assuming you literally just hit 38 it'll take 6 more days of bpsec to get 40. lol

(39) 5,919,322 xp
(40) 7,576,732 xp

Total: 13,496,054 xp

Le Mans 24 Hour
2,241,184 xp

1.05 Update is out.

■“[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.
In these events, all participants race under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.
■An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealer]
■Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.
Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
■Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races
The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].
Here again the results from your online play will c*mulate within [GT Life].
■Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
■Race Information Display
[Race Information Display] is now available in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also see this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
■Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
■Personal BGM (Menu)
From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the [Personal BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be accessed from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
■Car Name Change
The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to “Red Bull X2010″.
■Integration with the Website
The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
■[Important Note:]
* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.”

Link http://www.ripten.com/2010/12/20/gt5-update-105-mauler/

Looks like its a good one.

■Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

Really? I just started playing a week ago and it doesn't seem THAT bad.

You can now dupe cars using backups.

Does anyone want an X1 with 0 miles on it? I can gift it to you. In return I'm looking for some decent cars that I don't have.

Does anyone want an X1 with 0 miles on it? I can gift it to you. In return I'm looking for some decent cars that I don't have.

Im only part way through and probably dont have anything to offer that you dont have, but Ill take the X1 if I can. What you looking for?

Im only part way through and probably dont have anything to offer that you dont have, but Ill take the X1 if I can. What you looking for?

Anything interesting/rare that isn't listed here. But since you're [H] I'll send it you anyways once I'm done with this backlog of trades I've got left.

I don't have much but I'd be willing to trade anything I have!

OMFG.
Do an 8+ car race on the Nuerburgring at Dusk with the HUD off.

This is racing in its purest form. Utterly amazing.

Anything interesting/rare that isn't listed here. But since you're [H] I'll send it you anyways once I'm done with this backlog of trades I've got left.

The only car I think you dont have that I do is the mustang mach1, but if you duplicate trade me, Ill be happy to pay it forward.

Ah man, I'm just starting but I been dying to drive RedBull's F1 car for the road and don't have the cash.

You wouldn't be interested in anything I have :(

Tell you what though, if you ever want to find civil racers give me a shout, I can't stand pub lobbies: PSNID: Neodark- (Or anyone else from [H] that want's to add me).

Tell you what though, if you ever want to find civil racers give me a shout, I can't stand pub lobbies: PSNID: Neodark- (Or anyone else from [H] that want's to add me).

Just added you. PSN ID is the same as on here. I don't play online a lot yet, still working up through A- and B-Spec but I will get around to it eventually.

Anyone willing to send me a Ford SVT Lightning '03? I can reciprocate with a car of greater value. I just can't find the damn thing in the used dealership. :mad:

im looking for a 0-mile X1 so my bspec drivers can race more!

let me know if your interested in what i have:
'89 sauber c9
'10 peugeot 908 HDi matmut *premium
'66 shelby 427 cobra *premium
'02 blue nsx-r *premium
'09 audi R8 LMS racecar (NOT the R8 LMP in Lemans)
^none of these cars have been used

bought from used car lot, but never driven myself:
'96 c4 corvette grand sport
'99 viper
'98 subaru 22b
'87 buick gnx

im also looking for a formula GT, right now im grinding away at level 19, still have a long way to go to actually buy the FGT at level 24

PSN: fox-suicide

Game is fun. I played it over at a friends house. I played Monza while it was raining and switched to the in-car view, very impressive effects of the rain beading on the windshield.

I do have a complaint about the shadows under the cars though, they were really jagged and some of the ground effects on the cars had these strange anomalies , like they weren't sure what to do with the lighting or shadows. I would have thought that with the amount of time they spent making this game, those kinds of details would have been fleshed out to perfection.

Other than that great game. I'll probably purchase this game with the new Twisted Metal when it comes out.

Back