• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GPU3 not receiving work

russnuck

[H]ard DCOTY 2024 & [H]ard DCOM x2
2FA
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
1,514
Anyone else having the same issue today, restarted the client to make sure, no new work for a while now...
 
Just setup the GPU client on my 4870. Using GPU3, even though I'm "supposed" to use GPU2, whatever.
Any-who, got a 5744 WU right away.

Hope this helps....
 
strange, checked the Stanford forums, guess I am not the only one.
 
weird -- I guess my gpu doesn't see it b/c it's technically doing GPU2 work. I..I guess. Dunno, I just fold.

GL, hope they fix it for you :)
 
bounced the client for the 5th time, it was able to get work finally
 
Just setup the GPU client on my 4870. Using GPU3, even though I'm "supposed" to use GPU2, whatever.
Any-who, got a 5744 WU right away.

Hope this helps....


you can use the gpu3 client. its escentually the same as the gpu2 client. only difference is that its a cleaned up version that doesnt require a lot of the flags the gpu2 client needs plus has support for the gpu3 core15 that the gpu2 client doesnt. gpu2 client only supports core11.
 
There was an issue with the gpu3 server this afternoon I believe. A bunch of people were able to upload the wu's or get new ones but it seems to have been resolved around 6 for receiving and 7:20 for sending
 
ah I thought it was just me! I setup a machine with GPU3 and could not get any work yesterday... finally got some packets last night but after they finished I cant get any work again :(
 
try restarting your client, im chewing threw a 11125 on my 450 gpu3 right now

i had no issues recieving work yesterday, are you running -advmethods?
 
I'm getting work now too. I'm wondering if the server is just overloaded.
 
Just got a report over at OCF that they're not getting GPU3 work.
Maybe PG is still having stability issues w/their servers or something?

LOL -- maybe they should use "distributed computing" for their WUs? :p
 
ya I finally got some WU's... they are almost done so lets see if they return/I get new ones

running 10632's at the moment
 
Back
Top