GPU upgrade

Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
20
Hello, so here's my current setup:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-b75m-d2v,
CPU: Intel i3-3220,
GPU: HD 7770,
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 620w,
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb

I was thinking of upgrading my GPU to a GTX 960 for some better performance in newer games. I live in eastern EU, so you can't help me much with price, but my main two questions are:

1) Is the PSU sufficient to run it?
2) Is the CPU going to be a bit enough bottleneck to where it's not worth upgrading unless I also get a new CPU?

Thanks
 
The PSU is fine as long as it's not 5+ years old.
The CPU will handle a 960, but I'd recommend getting a 970 if you can for 1080P gaming.
 
Last edited:
If you're not dead set on nVidia you might also consider the R9 285/380.
But if you really want a 960 then go with a MSI or Palit card.
 
Estonia. The big white box called "Sisestage märksõna" on that page can be used to search for other products if you're interested.

I'm not *completely* dead set on Nvidia, but I've always had Ati so I kinda want an Nvidia one for a change unless there's a drastic difference in price/performance. Which it seems like there isn't. So I'll probably end up going for the MSI GTX 960 2gb OC.

Thanks for the help!
 
Back
Top