• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GPU under linux

Nathan_P

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
3,522
Quick question for all you linux folders.

Would you have any interest in a proper native client for your preferred video card manufacturer running under linux?

There is a debate starting over at FF and I though that it might be good to be able to get some idea of what you all thought
 
GPUs not running as well/officially under linux are the only reason I *don't* fold under linux. I'd be all for this.
 
I would consider throwing some in my SR-2 if it didnt impact bigadv too much. Efficient AMD folding be nice also, my roommate has a couple HD5970s collecting dust.
 
All of my linux boxen are headless and I'm sure a lot of others are as well. While it would be nice I just don't see that much of a demand for a Linux GPU client when you look at the F@H population as a whole. I think the GPU development would be better put to use working on a better-optimized AMD Windows client.
 
I am with rm on this one. I don't think that a Linux GPU client should be top priority right now. There several things that I feel should be prioritized ahead of this.
 
I am with rm on this one. I don't think that a Linux GPU client should be top priority right now. There several things that I feel should be prioritized ahead of this.

Oh its not high priority - quite the opposite, but if they get enough interest they will make it higher priority
 
I'm a windows folder because of the lack of GPU support in linux. Give me linux client, and I'll ditch windows on my main machine

 
Back
Top