Hi everybody,
I'm a long-time [H] reader, and this is my first time posting, so go easy on me!
I'm looking for a GPU recommendation. While I have no problems expanding my horizon of games, my primary game is MS Flight Sim X (I know - it's not as cool as Borderlands, NFS, RE, etc...). My current system is not so hot:
Intel DG965OT w/ Q6600
6GB DDR2
550watt PS
nVidia 7900GT
WD VelociRaptor 300
Seagate 1.5TB
It's not the latest and greatest, but it gets the job done. I'm looking to get a new GPU. Other system upgrades are out of the question cost-wise at the moment - just a GPU for now. I've been looking at a radeon 57xx or 58xx, but I would not be opposed to an nVidia card. I'm not sure what's best for FSX, and my wallet. Is the 58xx series really worth the extra ~$150-200? I'm all for long-term use (I'm too poor to constantly play catch-up), but I need to get the best bang for the buck, and not kill my power supply (550w is the biggest I can get with my case).
I would appreciate any suggestions you guys might have. I know the [H] to be the source of the most knowledgeable hardware people.
I'm a long-time [H] reader, and this is my first time posting, so go easy on me!
I'm looking for a GPU recommendation. While I have no problems expanding my horizon of games, my primary game is MS Flight Sim X (I know - it's not as cool as Borderlands, NFS, RE, etc...). My current system is not so hot:
Intel DG965OT w/ Q6600
6GB DDR2
550watt PS
nVidia 7900GT
WD VelociRaptor 300
Seagate 1.5TB
It's not the latest and greatest, but it gets the job done. I'm looking to get a new GPU. Other system upgrades are out of the question cost-wise at the moment - just a GPU for now. I've been looking at a radeon 57xx or 58xx, but I would not be opposed to an nVidia card. I'm not sure what's best for FSX, and my wallet. Is the 58xx series really worth the extra ~$150-200? I'm all for long-term use (I'm too poor to constantly play catch-up), but I need to get the best bang for the buck, and not kill my power supply (550w is the biggest I can get with my case).
I would appreciate any suggestions you guys might have. I know the [H] to be the source of the most knowledgeable hardware people.