GoW2

It shouldn't. The first one looks fine.
GoW does 16:9 and 480p, so it'll look terrific. It's not going to look any better than a PS2 game should, but it'll still look great.

Ha, it does look better than a PS2 game should :D Your good to go though. Agh, one more week.

Need to specify what GoW 2 stands for, as 95% of people nowadays will assume you're talking about Gears of War...

Yeah I definatly think GoW should be God of war and Gears of war should be Gears, I think this has already been disputed in another thread if I'm not mistaken, but I guess what ever floats your boat.

what is the release date for God of War 2? I know it is this week but cant remember the date. And yes I know I could google it but I am at work so all game sites are blocked.:p

From what I've heard, GoW 2 puts some next-gen games to shame when you see how good it looks on the PS2.

Hell, even the first one looks pretty damn nice w/ 16:9 and pro-scan.

From what I've heard, GoW 2 puts some next-gen games to shame when you see how good it looks on the PS2.

Hell, even the first one looks pretty damn nice w/ 16:9 and pro-scan.

I just got component cables for my PS2 from a buddy so I am ready to rock out! Not only that, but I will be shocked if it is not declared 2007 game of the year. Yes, I am a GOW !!!!!! :p

what is the release date for God of War 2? I know it is this week but cant remember the date. And yes I know I could google it but I am at work so all game sites are blocked.:p

Um, today :D I will call gamestop in a few to see if they got their shipment in yet.

Yeah, you should start seeing it today or tomorrow.
The first game looked good in 480p/16:9. It still had vsync tearing issues, but in order to have all that stuff happening onscreen for a PS2 pretty much required it.
My plan is still to rent this one or at least wait on feedback. The first one rocked, but I still won it in 3 days. Hopefully this one's longer or it has some kind of "2nd quest" or something.

Yeah, you should start seeing it today or tomorrow.
The first game looked good in 480p/16:9. It still had vsync tearing issues, but in order to have all that stuff happening onscreen for a PS2 pretty much required it.
My plan is still to rent this one or at least wait on feedback. The first one rocked, but I still won it in 3 days. Hopefully this one's longer or it has some kind of "2nd quest" or something.

This one is about 15-20hrs in gameplay from what I have read. And they boosted the replay value of the game. Of course if you are a hardcore gamer, then you can certainly knock this out quickly, IMO. I am a casual gamer so it will last a while for me. This time I will do the Challenge of the Gods and other side missions and finish playing through Titan mode (replaced God mode).

At the end of the first game, you were built up and uber-powerful...and you even had new weapons you never really got to use.
I would've liked to have had the option to go through the game again using the "powered up" Kratos.
Everyone always say to go to the harder difficulty, but it was "fake" hard. The game was exactly the same, right down to the AI patterns. You just took more damage. I'd have rather gone through the game again and had new stuff available instead. Kinda like Resident Evil 4 or Resistance.

I called some gamestops and they said if you didnt pre order you are not getting one today. Are you F'in kinding me, are we now going to have to face shortages of games like we do with the actuall console. I have never in my life had to preorder a game.

That's only if you're dealing with mall stores. Typically if the mall stores got some in stock, so did Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, etc.
There are very few exceptions to that rule.

looks like the big retail stores(walmar, best buy,ect) are not getting there copies until tomorrow 3/14. walmart said around 2 pm

Strange. Around here, all games/electronic stores get everything the same day, with Wal-Mart getting things a day late.
If Gamestop/EB gets it Tuesday, so does everyone else. Ditto if it's a Wednesday.
The only exception I can recall is Gears of War. It showed up at a few random mall-type stores on Monday, but it wasn't everywhere until Wednesday.

I called some gamestops and they said if you didnt pre order you are not getting one today. Are you F'in kinding me, are we now going to have to face shortages of games like we do with the actuall console. I have never in my life had to preorder a game.

Thats the way it is here. They keep copies for those that reserved and sell them two days after release.

Got mine, and put in about an hour and a half before I had to leave for school. Good stuff though, can't wait to get back to it when I get home.

The Gamestop and BestBuy near me said they hadn't gotten their shipments yet. WTF?!?

The Gamestop and BestBuy near me said they hadn't gotten their shipments yet. WTF?!?

Yeah, they are supposed to get them Wednesday I guess. At my Gamestop, they actually had someone drive to Chicago (about an hour and a half drive) to pick them up from the distributor so they could have them today. :D

Yeah, they are supposed to get them Wednesday I guess. At my Gamestop, they actually had someone drive to Chicago (about an hour and a half drive) to pick them up from the distributor so they could have them today. :D

Don't games, CDs, and DVDs get released on Tuesday for a reason? So they can ship from the previous friday or the day before?

Don't games, CDs, and DVDs get released on Tuesday for a reason? So they can ship from the previous friday or the day before?

Yeah... games don't seem to follow that format nicely as others. I don't know why. CD's and DVDs come out Tuesday, always Tuesday. They are always there on Tuesday no matter where you go.

Games, not so much. It seems like Monday - Thursday is fair game. Look at Wal-Mart and Target, they almost always don't have new games till Wednesday or Thursday. Gamestop usually has them Wednesday. Tuesday if your lucky, and every once and a while they get something early and so do you. I remember being happy as a clam picking up Oblivion on a beautiful monday morning. :D

I have to admit I did think this thread was about Gears of war 2. The thought of Gears of War 2 gives me a semi woody.:p

Sorry for bumping this, but I didn't want to make a new thread.

SO anyone who is using a PS3 and a HDTV LCD how does it look?

Well the very worst looking "next gen game" I've seen is Call of Duty 3 on the Wii. What a terrible experience. People are shooting at me. I'm looking through my scope and I still can't pick them out from the blur next to them until I see a muzzle flash and take a hit. Call of Duty 3 looks great on the 360 though the FPS does struggle sometimes. I still prefer Call of Duty 2 because I know the maps from all my PC Cod 2 play.
Point of this post being: Nothing could possibly look worse than CoD 3 on the Wii.

I have to admit I did think this thread was about Gears of war 2. The thought of Gears of War 2 gives me a semi woody.:p

I wouldn't expect Gears of War 2 any time soon. I mean damn..the first one didn't come out that long ago. It's kinda funny that usually a week or two after a game comes out people start talking about what they expect from the next one. This was especially true in the Need for Speed series since Underground.

Gear of War will look fine on that tv.........................................

Back