Gotham Knights

Thanks for the updates polonyc2. I enjoyed the first two games, but never got around to Arkham Origins or Knight.

In case anyone cares, I noticed not so long ago that the Arkham games (including Knight) were now available from GoG.

I hated the end of Arkham Knight. Reinforcing that ending with an entire game post Batman's death isn't something I want. It's a Batman game without a Batman. No thanks.

the dumbest thing about Arkham Knight was that you needed to complete 100% (meaning collecting every trophy, solving every riddle etc) to get the real ending...whoever decided that was a good idea needs to be fired

I hated the end of Arkham Knight. Reinforcing that ending with an entire game post Batman's death isn't something I want. It's a Batman game without a Batman. No thanks.

Batman is one of my favorite superheroes, and a lot of that has to do with the characters around him. Batman has not only the best rogue's gallery of any superhero, but also the best supporting cast. In the right hands, a post-Batman story can be amazing. While I have some issues with the comic (mainly due to one character, which I'll get to in a moment) the post Final Crisis story Batman RIP was an interesting exploration of what happens to the Batfamily with Bruce "dead" (he wasn't really dead, but whatever). The struggle to live up to the Batman legacy while also figuring out who gets to wear the cowl. It also led to one of my favorite comic book runs of the past 15 years with Dick Grayon donning the cowl and having Bruce's biological son Damien as Robin.

With Rocksteady's usually decent writing team, I'm at least slightly optimistic that they'll be able to tell a good story of what happens post-Batman. I also don't believe for a second that Batman is actually dead or that he won't appear in the game itself.

The only "problem" I have with the game is Jason Todd. I'm not convinced that anyone can salvage him as a good character in any medium at this point. He's either a moronic edgelordy as fuck anti-hero or an absolutely abysmal villain. The entire "who's the Arkham Knight" plot from AK was dumb, should have been solved super early in the game, and Jason should have died at the end. Either give him some kind of redemption sacrifice or have Scarcrow kill him off, making his death the second time Batman failed to save him (it would certainly have given the ending some more punch).

With Rocksteady's usually decent writing team, I'm at least slightly optimistic that they'll be able to tell a good story of what happens post-Batman. I also don't believe for a second that Batman is actually dead or that he won't appear in the game itself.

Gotham Knights is not being developed by Rocksteady...they are working on the Suicide Squad game also set for a 2022 release

anyone checking out that Titans series on HBO Max?- Jason Todd plays a big role in the current season (Season 3)

Gotham Knights is not being developed by Rocksteady...they are working on the Suicide Squad game also set for a 2022 release

anyone checking out that Titans series on HBO Max?- Jason Todd plays a big role in the current season (Season 3)

Right....So never mind the slightly optimistic part. Though, still interested in the game.

I still need to watch Season 2. S1 at least had the most likable version of Jason Todd I've seen, which really isn't saying much. I'm not looking forward to an entire season of him, much less multiple.

Very interested in seeing a trailer.

Played Arkham Knight a few months back and it still looks like a brand new title. The Arkham series is just fantastic all around despite a few nagging issues and design choices.
I played Arkham Knight a few months ago also & I loved it. Felt balanced & satisfying. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Arkham City. Even though It gets tons of priase & glowing reviews I think Knight is better than City in every way. I completed the main story of City and the progress meter says 48%. Being that the side missions are a lot less interesting in comparison to the normal story mode this killed it for me. I may just quit now cause I lost interest.

I wonder how gothan knights is going to be lol super excited.

I played Arkham Knight a few months ago also & I loved it. Felt balanced & satisfying. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Arkham City. Even though It gets tons of priase & glowing reviews I think Knight is better than City in every way. I completed the main story of City and the progress meter says 48%. Being that the side missions are a lot less interesting in comparison to the normal story mode this killed it for me. I may just quit now cause I lost interest.

I wonder how gothan knights is going to be lol super excited.

The side stuff in both games have problems, but I do think Knight has more fun side activities than City. That said, Knight could have either used a few less of each thing or one or two different activities to help balance the busy work needed to unlock the true ending.

I haven't followed the comics in a long time, but I enjoyed the gameplay from the prior games a lot. The puzzles are amusing and I dig trying to execute those giant 80+ hit combos against a pile of enemies. Plus, the open nature of the last couple games left lots of room for exploration and easter eggs.
If this game is more of the same (hopefully with some new combat options), I'm on board. Can't say I really even care about who lives and dies in the story. People die and come back left and right in comics, so I'm too jaded for that.

I haven't followed the comics in a long time, but I enjoyed the gameplay from the prior games a lot. The puzzles are amusing and I dig trying to execute those giant 80+ hit combos against a pile of enemies. Plus, the open nature of the last couple games left lots of room for exploration and easter eggs.
If this game is more of the same (hopefully with some new combat options), I'm on board. Can't say I really even care about who lives and dies in the story. People die and come back left and right in comics, so I'm too jaded for that.

Dying and coming back to life is like a right of passage for Robins.

Right....So never mind the slightly optimistic part. Though, still interested in the game.

I still need to watch Season 2. S1 at least had the most likable version of Jason Todd I've seen, which really isn't saying much. I'm not looking forward to an entire season of him, much less multiple.
I was so pumped for season 3, but 6 episodes in and I'm not digging it. It feels like there's a whole season of backstory that they just skipped, and I kinda feel they're doing Jason Todd dirty. For what it's worth, tho he's a main antagonist, he's not really on screen all that much.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention that. I was just wondering the same. I recently suffered through an entire episode devoted to his backstory. It wasn't fair. He was "supposed" to die that episode. Season 3: An Immortal Brat with Daddy Issues

Does that sound too cruel? 😲

Funny you should mention that. I was just wondering the same. I recently suffered through an entire episode devoted to his backstory. It wasn't fair. He was "supposed" to die that episode. Season 3: An Immortal Brat with Daddy Issues

Does that sound too cruel? 😲

I thought Season 3 was going to be based on the 'A Death in the Family' comic arc...

The side stuff in both games have problems, but I do think Knight has more fun side activities than City. That said, Knight could have either used a few less of each thing or one or two different activities to help balance the busy work needed to unlock the true ending.
Wait I got the rather lackluster ending in Arkham City at 48%, is there a another true ending? Or different endings? This is harley portion aside.

and that ending is not worth the hassle...better to just watch the cutscene on YouTube

Agreed. Like I said above, Knight either needed a few less of each activity or some more activities in general. It just makes everything feel like tedious busy work post game and a lot of it gets old. I completed every side activity I liked before I hit the end of the game, but it still left a slog to get through.

Agreed. Like I said above, Knight either needed a few less of each activity or some more activities in general. It just makes everything feel like tedious busy work post game and a lot of it gets old. I completed every side activity I liked before I hit the end of the game, but it still left a slog to get through.

they should have at least made that ending something special and worthy of all the hassle and work it took to get it...was a total letdown

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Yeah, if you get 100% you unlock an additional ending scene.
Is it worth it? I'll admit, the last portion of these 'side missions' on Arkham City are beyond a boring drag. It gives you broad areas of where the clues are and you just have to chase your tail for hours looking for the solution or hiding spots if you don't want to google it. After I finished the main story I would say I have experienced the worst nose dive or boredom & this is coming from one of the biggest batman fans on the planet.

they should have at least made that ending something special and worthy of all the hassle and work it took to get it...was a total letdown
I'll admit while Arham Knight was an epic game that I loved so much, the ending was not that big of a deal. Arkham Citys ending was even more lackluster. Good thing all the main stories going through City & Knight were just awesome because the side missions on City are very boring on Knight they were tolerable.

I'll admit while Arham Knight was an epic game that I loved so much, the ending was not that big of a deal. Arkham Citys ending was even more lackluster. Good thing all the main stories going through City & Knight were just awesome because the side missions on City are very boring on Knight they were tolerable.

the Batmobile Riddler puzzles got to be very tedious in Arkham Knight...I enjoyed the Riddler puzzles etc in Arkham City and Arkham Asylum but they weren't as fun in Arkham Knight

In Arkham city finding the riddler clues for the enigma conundrum are impossible to find? i mean i don't have hundreds of hours to look around the city looking for the clues, also I can't use the enigma machine anytime I want only at certain times. I'm down to the last 2 side missions, the enigma conundrum which seems impossible to find out what order to do it in any tips?

I think i accidentally beat up one of the thugs I was supposed to interrogate and now I'm screwed with no way of getting the clue I needed to proceed. Also the map shows nothing even with the YouTube guide It seems impossible to find the clues needed now.

Last edited:
Gotham Knights DC FanDome Teaser

DC.jpg

The October release seems realistic since that's the typical "Holiday season" games release window. It's been a while since we've gotten a new Batman title, so I should be super pumped by then.

I'm just not interested in an Arkham Game without Batman. I am not a fan of how they ended the Dark Knight's story arc as I've said before. Personally, I wish writers would quit taking inspiration from the worst aspects of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns." Despite his acclaim as a comic book author, I don't think this was his best work. In fact, I'd argue its among his worst. While he has some good ideas in it and the graphic novel did a lot to get comics to move away from the ultra-child friendly censorship era that led to the campiness of the 1960's Adam West Batman series, author Frank Miller missed the mark more often than not.

Looks interesting, Hope they have a decent amount of the detective work, I like that part of the first three games more than the fighting.

The Collector's Edition of Gotham Knights will feature the Deluxe Edition of the game, an augmented reality collectible pin, 16-page media book, exclusive Gotham City map, four-character statue diorama, and more...additionally, pre-orders will receive the 233 Kustom Batcycle Skin at launch, based on the vehicle’s first appearance in DC’s Detective Comics #233...

https://www.gothamknightsgame.com/en-us/purchase

Attachments

• Gotham-Knights.jpeg
    Gotham-Knights.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1
I'll wait for this game to be Free on Epic in two years I mean I haven't even touched Arkaham City really I own all of them and the 1st game I beat on the friggin PS3.

Yeah, I have to admit that the video made me realize that I have not finished City and Origins... And I need to figure out where I have Knight...

The Collector's Edition of Gotham Knights will feature the Deluxe Edition of the game, an augmented reality collectible pin, 16-page media book, exclusive Gotham City map, four-character statue diorama, and more...additionally, pre-orders will receive the 233 Kustom Batcycle Skin at launch, based on the vehicle’s first appearance in DC’s Detective Comics #233...

https://www.gothamknightsgame.com/en-us/purchase
Wow, actually a PC CE.

$290 tho, yikes.

Back