Got my XFX geforce 7950 GX2 XXX Edition this morning

his host works, the pics are still there to view, nothing wrong with his host as far as i can tell..

Manoj said:
The links work.

Yeah they work now, they weren't earlier today for some reason.

Btw....why is nvidia using such a lame heatsink on that thing.

nobi125 said:

Btw....why is nvidia using such a lame heatsink on that thing.

because the G71 is not an inferno of a GPU, it has what it needs to stay cool, look at the 7800's coolers and then the 7900's coolers, they shrunk on some models, they realized they didn't need all that extra cooling

besides, it's not like there is room for alot of cooling there between the two cards.....

nobody_here said:
because the G71 is not an inferno of a GPU, it has what it needs to stay cool, look at the 7800's coolers and then the 7900's coolers, they shrunk on some models, they realized they didn't need all that extra cooling

besides, it's not like there is room for alot of cooling there between the two cards.....

I'm referring to the lame little wavy heay sink fins not the hight.

The stock clocks for the XFX Geforce 7950GX2 XXX Edition is 570mhz core and 1550mhz mem.

Not sure about the clock speeds for a standard Geforce 7950GX2 card.

Manoj said:
The stock clocks for the XFX Geforce 7950GX2 XXX Edition is 570mhz core and 1550mhz mem.

Not sure about the clock speeds for a standard Geforce 7950GX2 card.
500/1200

nobi125 said:

Not working for me atm. Firefox or IE and with the second directory slash removed. You'd think that people can afford computer parts like we do, can get some decent webspace. Comacast customers get about 20mb of space.

{edit}

Now they're working.

The pics weren't working for me but after a few minutes and a refresh they came up.

I want 2 of these cards so bad. Why didn't you get a second one? Have you been able to OC it any over what XFX has already done? How hot is it running? How does it show up in the control panel, as 1 card or as 2 and you have to go in and enable SLI?

yay, these cards, or atleast the MSI version seems to be available in holland, for 565 euro's, too bad I can't afford it :p

Ha, Like to see somebody Watercool those! Also, Won't they make the inside of your case smokin' hot if you had two of them. I noticed the thread starter had a pci slot cooler. Wonder if that helps any.

LittleMe said:
The pics weren't working for me but after a few minutes and a refresh they came up.

I want 2 of these cards so bad. Why didn't you get a second one? Have you been able to OC it any over what XFX has already done? How hot is it running? How does it show up in the control panel, as 1 card or as 2 and you have to go in and enable SLI?

I may get a second card later on. Just wanted to try one and see. It is safer this way. If if I don't like it?

The card runs at about 43 degrees C idle. I have not tried full load yet because I have just done a fresh install of windows and I need to install a few programs and drivers and then I will start benchmarking and testing the card.

It is a Multi-GPU rather than SLI. It shows as 2 cards (multi-GPU).

The card came with 91.27 drivers. 91.28 beta drivers can't detect the card.

Shay Ken said:
yay, these cards, or atleast the MSI version seems to be available in holland, for 565 euro's, too bad I can't afford it :p

I am sure the MSI cards are running at stock clocks only.

In Hong Kong XFX Geforce 7950GX2 XXX Edition are listed for retail at US $685. I am sure the standard clocked cards will be cheaper.

SKL1 said:
What does it say on the box about PSUs??

If you're wondering about which PSU to use, I can tell you right now: you will actually NEED a 1KW Quad-SLi PSU from PC Power and Cooling.

Quad SLi uses up over 1KW from what I've heard. Mind you, this is if you're using 2X 7950GX2 cards. If you're only running one, any mainstream PSU will do.

Actually these cards do not require a the Quad 1Kw PSU. They only have one PCI E power connector per PCI E slot. The origional cards, the 7900 GX2 did require serious muscle but the 7950 GX2 uses less power than a 1900 XTX.

Highendtoys said:
Actually these cards do not require a the Quad 1Kw PSU. They only have one PCI E power connector per PCI E slot. The origional cards, the 7900 GX2 did require serious muscle but the 7950 GX2 uses less power than a 1900 XTX.

I am only using Seventeam 750W power supply.

The cards use 140w each, so thats almost 300w for the cards. Most should be fine with a good 750w.

heatlesssun said:
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one, maybe two of these, not that one would really be an improvement over my 7800 512 GTX's I would imgine, however there is another advantage, I can free up a PCI slot.

So bring on the benches please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are wasting your money as you do not have a 30" monitor.

Lazy_Moron said:
Where are the ingame benchmarks? :D

Ingame benchmarks will not improve for the price diffrence, they are expected to be slightly lower...

these cards were designed for high resolution gaming on 30+" monitors.

Cript said:
Any comments on the noise? I'm guessing the same as two 7900GT stock coolers.

Uses a new designed heatsink, nothing like the gt's.

It is the single fastest video card on the market, faster than a 7900 GTX and X1900 XTX.

Ockie said:
Ingame benchmarks will not improve for the price diffrence, they are expected to be slightly lower...

these cards were designed for high resolution gaming on 30+" monitors.
These cards will rock @ 1920x1200 with 4xAA +

Ockie said:
Uses a new designed heatsink, nothing like the gt's.
I hope the noise levels are tolerable, though it probably can't match the dual slot cooler.

Manoj, since it shows up as two GPUs are you allowed to disable SLI? One of the limitations of SLI that always bothered me was being limited to one monitor (not including adding a third party card). If you can't, then there's hope, otherwise why include a second dvi port. In other words, does it support two monitors with SLI?

Cript said:
I hope the noise levels are tolerable, though it probably can't match the dual slot cooler.

Manoj, since it shows up as two GPUs are you allowed to disable SLI? One of the limitations of SLI that always bothered me was being limited to one monitor (not including adding a third party card). If you can't, then there's hope, otherwise why include a second dvi port. In other words, does it support two monitors with SLI?

2 Choices:

1) Multi display mode
2) Multi GPU mode

Manoj said:
2 Choices:

1) Multi display mode
2) Multi GPU mode

Damn! I wonder if it truly is a limitation you can't get around, or maybe it will work in the 8K series.

It is not a hardware problem with SLI, it is drivers, drivers in the future should allow Multidisplay and MultiGPU modes according to NV. I don't know when though.

hi manoj
iam getting mine on monday
capital(shop) has 10 of them on sat

SKL1 said:
X2 for me :D

I will decide after I try out one card. Also I want to see how the Nforce 590 SLI (Intel Edition) Performs. I will build a Conroe XE system next month.

Well actually I will have no choice because a single Geforce 7950GX2 will need a SLI ready motherboard anyway.

Back