Got my XFX geforce 7950 GX2 XXX Edition this morning

Manoj said:
He he!!!

You and your friends are getting them? Or are you selling them overseas??

my friend, but he is paying me the end of this month

nigely said:
my friend, but he is paying me the end of this month

Your friend is buying all 5 or you will keep one or 2 for yourself?

How is Capital getting 10 in stock on Monday?

I think getting one is wiser and then decide on the second one when Conroe XE and Nforce 590 SLI (Intel Edition) releases.

Geforce 7950GX2 needs a SLI board anyway.

Manoi, if it is recognized as a multi-gpu card, rather than an sli setup, do you still choose between alternate frame rendering and split frame rendering? Can you still get SLI antialiasing with the GX2?

2 for me, 2 for my friend and 1 for my other friend
captial has it in stock on sat or b4 that

mashie said:
So what are the architecture differences between this second generation dual cards and the first batch sold to OEMs only?

It seems the cards are shorter, lack one of the two SLI bridges and only has one external power connector. Do they still have a singe PCIe 16x to dual PCIe 16x bridge or do each card run PCIe 8x?

Each card has a PCIe x16 and the cards share a x16 to the motherboard. Each card having an x16 to talk to each other I believe is why you only need the 1 SLI bridge, unlike with the 7900 GX2's for OEM's.

Manoj said:
Your friend is buying all 5 or you will keep one or 2 for yourself?

How is Capital getting 10 in stock on Monday?

I think getting one is wiser and then decide on the second one when Conroe XE and Nforce 590 SLI (Intel Edition) releases.

Geforce 7950GX2 needs a SLI board anyway.

Hey, is there any way you can try it in a non-SLI board, maybe on an ATi chipset?

LittleMe said:
Hey, is there any way you can try it in a non-SLI board, maybe on an ATi chipset?

It will probably not work.

I don't have a non SLI board anyway.

Nvidia cards (multi-GPU) will only work on Nvidia boards.

Manoj said:
It will probably not work.

I don't have a non SLI board anyway.

Nvidia cards (multi-GPU) will only work on Nvidia boards.

Yes, but it does have that x48 chip onboard giving the card everything it should need to work on a non-SLI board. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

LittleMe said:
Yes, but it does have that x48 chip onboard giving the card everything it should need to work on a non-SLI board. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

May be one Geforce 7950GX2 may work. I can't confirm this since I don't have a non SLI board.

Quad SLI is not possible for sure.

there have been several reported instances of running SLI on Xpress chipsets, this is when the driver was premature, and sli was new, they didnt bother making SLI Nvidia only because Nvidia thought no one would bother trying it on anything else since nothing else had 2 PCI-E 16 slots, then crossfire rolled around.

Someone, with an old chipset driver, ran two 7600GTs (you know the ones with the dual slot fan from MSI) in SLI on Xpress 3200. he used an FX-60. Geforce was absolutly conviced that it was a Pentium EE. sorta strange, but it worked. he didnt break any records or anything.

cant remember where the story was....

there have been several reported instances of running SLI on Xpress chipsets, this is when the driver for SLI was premature, and Xpress newly released. Nvidia didnt bother making SLI Nvidia only because Nvidia thought no one would bother trying it on anything else since nothing else had 2 PCI-E 16 slots, then crossfire and Xpress 3200 rolled around.

Someone, with an old chipset/Gfx card driver, ran two 7600GTs in SLI on Xpress 3200. he used an FX-60. Geforce was absolutly conviced that it the FX-60 was a Pentium EE. sorta strange, but it worked. he didnt break any records or anything.

cant remember where the story was....

both ATI and Nvidia sent him a letter saying "F*** you!". Nvidia was hoping that the idea of SLI on a non SLI board being possible, would never slip out. but monkey see monkey do, and this dude, seeing two PCI-e 16X slots on Nforce boards, and two PCI-e 16 X slots on Xpress 3200, just put two and two together.

weather or not crossfire will work on Nforce 4 SLI boards, i dont know, probibly not, as ATI from the get-go made Crossfire, a Xpress 3200 only feature.

but i know little of the dynamics of Qual SLI, only what the Nvidia released pics are.

There is an article, lost the link, very detailed by a guy who obviously knows this stuff inside and out, who went into great detail about the history of both SLI and Crossfire and showed the fact that they are actually the same thing, that so many of the differences we see are actually no different. Extremely good read........something tells me it was Tech Report......wish I could find it now.....may have been pcperspective......was not a colorful site, white background with black text.........

I have a question for you. Which vents on the heatsinks is the hot air exhausted from? Does it blow out toward the back of the case, or blow out toward the side panel of the case?

Wondering if this will work for the Epox 8npa SLi ?
Being it has an nforce4 sli chipset.
Dare I say socket 754 and quad sli lmao.

If anyone knows fess up :D
I'm ready to buy one now, as well as a psu.

Back