Got my Axim now what

roninblade

[H]ard|Gawd
Okey i got my new axim, so far i love it, hwoever is there a way to network it to my computer so i can browse through the network from the network, so i can stream movies and music? Also whats some good freeware programs i want that program where u can control the TV

Haven't tried it on my Axim yet, but it's my understanding you will need Rescoe file explorer to see your shared files. Try searching the forums over at www.aximsite.com

X30 or X50? It would help us to know which model you have to make recommendations.

And yes, Aximsite is probably your best be for software suggestions.

DUDE WELCOME TO THE CLUB BRO!!!!!! I have one to and I love that thing. Also, great website above for all your needs of the PDA. I'll see you there under the same name. Later and enjoy that thing.

I've got an X3i 400mhz oc'ed to 472mHz I love mine as well. Surfing the net sure beats doing it on my mobile phone.

I have one as well, and I'm in love with it. Rescoe file explorer is certainly a good choice, but have a look at the Networking Guide on the front page. It'll help you setup you're network to even access files from you're computer to you're Axim.

Aside from streaming, check out Pocket TV. I heard it's pretty good. Aside from that, search aximsite, they'll have tons of info on it.

Enjoy it.

Can u still acess the files through active sync? i heard u couldnt. I really want to stream some movies. But im going to order a wifi router to take advantage of the wifi and get rid of surfing the axim on the docking station

roninblade said:
Can u still acess the files through active sync? i heard u couldnt. I really want to stream some movies. But im going to order a wifi router to take advantage of the wifi and get rid of surfing the axim on the docking station

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking...here are the two ways, although there may be a third, that I think of it.

If you mean can you access file through active sync while using wifi, then not exactly. You set it up differently, but I do believe you can still sync it.

or

If you mean can you access active sync in the cradle although you've setup this network, then the answer is yes, you still can.

I hope I answered you're question

Catsonar - Are you a member of aximsite by any chance? I'm burg there btw.

im saying while the Axim in the cradle can i acess my maped drives? It doesn't really matter cause i just ordered a 802.11G router.

this is what i have installed on my PPC i have the Axim X30 H (624wifiBT)

AceBartender.com AceBartender
Adobe Acrobat Reader 1.0
Anton Tomov Pocket Mechanic
Ask4Soft PPcReversi
Astraware Abysma
Astraware Alchemy
Astraware Atomica
Astraware Bejeweled
Astraware BookWorm
Astraware BounceOut
Astraware Bzzz
Astraware Candy Train
Astraware Cubis
Astraware Dynomite
Astraware Gem Drop
Astraware Insaniquarium
Astraware Mars Needs Cows
Astraware Noahs Ark
Astraware Ricochet
Astraware Rocket Mania
Astraware SAIS
Astraware Seven Seas
Astraware SW Space Combat
Astraware TextTwist
BallShooter Games Pacman 2
Blue Point Studio Pocket Earth
Bright Angle KnowPlaces
Cirond pocketWiNc
DCIM
Digital Concepts Warbirds
DigYs Billiard Master
DinarSoft HandyMenu
DinarSoft HandySwitcher
Ectaco Pocket UT
Emcon Emsys Pocket Periodic Table
eSoft Interactive Tower Mogul
Fann Software ConverterCE
Gameloft Siberian Strike X
GPS Information GPS Info
HandMap Co. GPS-Plugin
Handmark BATTLESHIP
Handmark Checkers
Handmark Monopoly
Handmark WarfareInc
Hexacto Kasparov Chess
I244 Atomic Cannon ELITE
ICQ® for Pocket PC
ITech Creation Quick RCVP Systems
JGUI Positions Roulette
LandWare Shanghai
Laridian New International Version Bible
Laridian PocketBible
LDW Software Plant Tycoon
Macromedia Flash Player ActiveX
Megalith GPS Tuner
Micaceler Pocket Ludo
Microsoft Pocket Streets for Pocket PC
MOBEM mPhone 2.6
Movies
MpegTV PocketTV Pro
Music
My Documents
Nomad Electronics PocketStars
PDAmill Anthelion
PDAmill GameBox Asia
PDAmill GameBox Classics
PDAmill GameBox Gems
PDAmill GameBox Solitaire
PDAmill Snails
PNT Software Battle Marine
Pocket Music and Video Player PocketMVP
PocketMind CrazyBubbles
PocketMind PM Feature Pack
PocketMind PocketMusic
PocketPCgamesCH SlidePuzzle
Resco Audio Recorder
Resco Explorer 2003
Resco Picture Viewer
Revolutionary Software Front Lextionary
RocketElite Retail
Skype Technologies S.A. Skype for Pocket PC 1.0
SurvivorSoft AtSat
TA Cybernetic Solution BMI & Target Heart Rate Calculator 1.0
Town Compass
Two Stunads & Co. SpaceTime
Ubergames Bust'em 2
VITO Tech. Database for VITO Sketch Artist
VITO Tech. SketchArtist
VNC
WiFiFoFum
www.not-big-deal.com BlackJack Gold
XI-ART PocketPC Pick11
ZIO Interactive Pocket Gambler
ZIO Interactive Pow Wow for PocketPC
ZIO Interactive Space Tactics

well this is what i have on the SD card which is a lexar 32x 256MB Card, i have more on the pda itself, i also have a Hardcase, 1100mAH Mugen power batter, BT-308 GPS, etc, i can even hook my sony ericsson BT headset up to my pda

ahaha, can you share the wealth, My God donate some to a kid in need in the Tsunami disaster man, pfff.

I just got a x50v for christmas and it's awesome.. I use a program to turn it into one of those digital picture frames which reads pics from my microdrive, installed an mp3 player that uses winamp skins, and use it as a remote control for my home theater...heck I got so much stuff on it now I can't even think of all of it.

only porblem is that Pocket PC 2003 SE is so unstable since i got it a week ago i already have had to do 5 hard resets

I just bought an X50V this morning, and am in the process of getting a 5gb Microdrive.

so...since I bought the deal w/ spare 1100mA batter + 128mb SD card for 43 bucks (or so)...I have 128mb of SD card to add applications, and 5gb of microdrive for mp3s, movies, & NES/sNES roms.

Now, here's my question(s):

1. Is there a freeware program similar to Trillian for PocketPC?

2. Is there a place to get Nevo or some other Remote software for the X50V?

3. What PocketPC NES/SNES emulators are out there?

4. Where is a good place to get freeware programs for PPC?

1. They make AIM...www.aol.co.uk the US site charges you for AIM for ppc
2. Nevo only comes preinstalled on devices, however they make remotes that you can program, its made by PDAwin, search them
3. Morphgear
4. search google, theres tons

u got a link to the micro drive im interested, hows the battery mine sucks its 950mA and only lasts for maybe 2 1/2 hours, need to upgrade that, but at the moment my PDA is running fun, got alot of nice apps.

roninblade said:
only porblem is that Pocket PC 2003 SE is so unstable since i got it a week ago i already have had to do 5 hard resets

strange ive never had to do 1

Back