Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

I'm planning on buying a 2405 soon, maybe a month. The 3007 is a sexy sexy bitch, but out of my range. Although I do have a 61" Sammy DLP so I don't 'need' a hugeness computer monitor. But.. if I could afford the 3007 I'd be ALLLL OVER IT!

Congrats man!!

Luckily I will save a bunch on my 2405. My company has a HUGE accont with Dell (tens of millions a year) so we get a great discount off pretty much anything Dell. I'm looking to save about $200 of the 2405 retail.

i wonder if people will use this as a HDTV. it's actually a sweet deal if one were to use this as a 1080p HDTV.

JediFonger said:
i wonder if people will use this as a HDTV. it's actually a sweet deal if one were to use this as a 1080p HDTV.
Really? I think it would be a huge waste of money for just HDTV use. It's worth the cash if you have a use for the awesome resolution, which is far larger than 1080p.

weemies said:
Really? I think it would be a huge waste of money for just HDTV use. It's worth the cash if you have a use for the awesome resolution, which is far larger than 1080p.

Very true, but imagine ... once HD DVD or Blu Ray drives are available later this year and studios start shipping out movie content in 720p or 1080p resolutions. Watching movies will never be the same :)

why would it be a waste of $? have ya seen prices for 30" 1080p displays? most of them won't even accept 1080p signal over HDMI-HDCP because none of them are HDMI 1.3 spec'd. HDMI 1.3 will come out later this year. having a DVI-HDCP is the "best" right now in terms of display inputs cause it's fairly future-upgradeable.

it's really worthwhile if you have an a/v receiver that can scale S-Video and composite/component signals into HDMI, and then you use a HDMI-DVI converter.

theNoid said:
Very true, but imagine ... once HD DVD or Blu Ray drives are available later this year and studios start shipping out movie content in 720p or 1080p resolutions. Watching movies will never be the same :)
Amen my friend. Can't wait. :)

@JediFonger: I simply mean that with the 2560x1600 res, this monitor is overkill for even 1080p, if HDTV is all you intend to use the display for. I think you can get for example the 37" Westinghouse, which does 1080p, for less than the 3007WFP.

This would not make a great HDTV because it lacks HDCP.

There is going to be a major problem when Vista + Blue-Ray/HD-DVD come out because most of the monitors out there (including the 2405 and 3007) do not include HDCP

bubblethumper said:
This would not make a great HDTV because it lacks HDCP.

There is going to be a major problem when Vista + Blue-Ray/HD-DVD come out because most of the monitors out there (including the 2405 and 3007) do not include HDCP
The 3007WFP has HDCP. Get your facts straight.

Thanks for making me drool all over myself I appreciate that.. No really that is a beautiful monitor. I wish I could put out the cash for it. Oh well lucky you beautiful.

KM

weenies,

that's true, but it's better to err on the side or overkill (like audio amps & speakers).

re: westinghouse 37", i've read that it isn't a "true" 1080 display. somn about upscaling lower-res. i dunno where i read (can't remember). ah well.

well, what i want is some 2007 lovin... of even 2407 OH SNAP

lovely pics all the same

Ya the 2007 is nice, but its near tax return time... and I 'must have' (zombie induced drooling) the 2405!

slaWter said:
Nice performance jump! Sill DX9?
But I don't like to play at medium. But for CoD2 MP I'm going to use DX7 anyway, less smoke^^

Also the BF2 pic is hot, thanks! Gaming at that res is like a dream. Can't wait but I called Dell and they told me it's here by the end of NEXT week, damn!

7900 would be nice. I dont't know what to do right now. Buy one 7900 GTX or wait for another SLI with G80 in summer/fall. First I'll read the reviews... but I think I wait for G80 (more improvements than just performance).
Perhaps I'll buy a Dual Link DVI Switchbox from Gefen for my gaming pc and the MacBook Pro.... but there are bad rumors around this switchbox, hm.

dude she will rock with sli. I am going take a wait and see. IF 7900 is totally off the hook, i am going to pull the trigger, if its just an incremental increase i may pick up a second KO on the cheap and wait it out till G80

jacuzz1 said:
dude she will rock with sli. I am going take a wait and see. IF 7900 is totally off the hook, i am going to pull the trigger, if its just an incremental increase i may pick up a second KO on the cheap and wait it out till G80

Do you mean 7800GTX SLI or 7900 SLI?
But I'll do the same. If the 7900 rocks I'll go for it. Otherwise I spend my money on two G80 later this year. But first of all I have to check how my system performs in combination with the 3007. 1280x800 is no problem even for upcoming titles like UT07. If it looks good and the 7900 isn't a lot faster I wait for G80.

I'm at a LANparty right now... would be nice to show off the 3007^^

Dutt1113 said:
Jeez Man, instead of blowing your life savings on an lcd for your computer, maybe you should think about investing in some furniature and maybe some decorations for your walls. LOL

Haha I know him in person and although he prolly won't appreciate me saying this, you have no idea how fucking rich he is. You should see his new house :eek:

Gorgeous monitor dude, you'll have to have me over to see it soon :)

i thought when 2405 came out, it was being sold@$750 or lower. when 2407 arrives, wouldn't that be the case as well?

thus, $500&$750 isn't THAT huge of a diff for true 1080p. why get somn that's instantly out-dated? 2405/2407 won't be outdated because of native res that can effectively display 1080p.

but everyone's got diff priorities. perhaps people can live with 1080p scaled down to 733 or other odd res. i can't live with that =). sorry.

Mopower said:
Because for some people there is a difference between $500 and $900.

invite me too!!! =). i'd love to see some 1080p movies on that sucka'!

computerpro3 said:
Haha I know him in person and although he prolly won't appreciate me saying this, you have no idea how fucking rich he is. You should see his new house :eek:

Gorgeous monitor dude, you'll have to have me over to see it soon :)

Ok boys here is fear @ 2560x1600 lol Keep in mind the video was stll moving when i took the shot and its a comrpessed jpeg taken in low light conditions with a nikon coolpix 5600 in sunset scene mode
the original is breathtaking

fear3.jpg

Everything max with 16af (I cannot figure out why the screen shot cut off like that)
FEAR-2006-02-17-23-29-08-12.jpg

fear1.jpg

My duty is to entice enought who can afford this baby to buy in order to bring down prices so the masses may enjoy such eye candy!

what's that phrase... it's your duty to please that booty =).

eventually 2407 will be in the $500 range and 3007 will be in the 1500 range? 1200? 1000 possible>? 5 years?

Ramfart said:
Please stop showing those pics, I am sick with jealousy. :)

I can't get enough of them! haha. Now if only there was more powerful card to get more FPS out at that resolution! I don't even think SLI could improve it too much!

FEAR looks awesome on 2560. But the framerate is unplayable.
Cuz 96% below 25 FPS is a bit too low^^

But disable the Soft Shadow option. Soft shadows kills your framerate... Could you try it again without soft shadows just to see how's the difference in fps. Thx.

Damn, can't wait. It's almost shipped but no change in order status since yesterday.

slaWter said:
FEAR looks awesome on 2560. But the framerate is unplayable.
Cuz 96% below 25 FPS is a bit too low^^

But disable the Soft Shadow option. Soft shadows kills your framerate... Could you try it again without soft shadows just to see how's the difference in fps. Thx.

Damn, can't wait. It's almost shipped but no change in order status since yesterday.

Yeh its unplayable, i just wanted to see how good it looks. I will make a run with soft shadows off and reduce the af to see what happens when i get time.

JediFonger said:
invite me too!!! =). i'd love to see some 1080p movies on that sucka'!

Give me an example of one that you would want to see and maybe i can accomodate with a picture. I did not know they were out yet.

how is it on backlighting??? can we get some dark room black image pics?

thore

thore said:
how is it on backlighting??? can we get some dark room black image pics?

thore

It must be perfect becuase I did not notice any. I am on my laptop upstairs have my coffee and then i am off to work but stay tuned , i will do that for you later tonight.

Just kidding about the pictures your monitor is awesome, its nice to see that model in all its glory rather than a picture on a web site. BTW good pics I know how hard it is to get a good pic of an LCD, exposure, reflections etc....

Is there much of an image quality hit at lower resolution settings? I know my Dell 20 incher is best at native, but its still pretty good at alternate resolutions.

Now I just need to convince the wife/accounting department, why my 20 inch won't cut it anymore..hee hee.

Thanks for posting!!!!!

woah my god thats amazing!!! makes me want to ditch my 19inch crt and get one of those...i never realised why people spent that much on screens...but i do now :p

Ramfart said:
Just kidding about the pictures your monitor is awesome, its nice to see that model in all its glory rather than a picture on a web site. BTW good pics I know how hard it is to get a good pic of an LCD, exposure, reflections etc....

Is there much of an image quality hit at lower resolution settings? I know my Dell 20 incher is best at native, but its still pretty good at alternate resolutions.

Now I just need to convince the wife/accounting department, why my 20 inch won't cut it anymore..hee hee.

Thanks for posting!!!!!

It scales very well at lower resolutions.I was screaming along on BF2 @1024x768 with all candy on last night and it looked pretty good. I just cannot wait to get more video power next month

computerpro3 said:
:) :D....Richie Rich..

they need to stop production of thes... they make my 2005fpw look terrible and it makes me sad. why would you guys want to make me feel so badly?
i'm not emo i swear.
friends don't let friends listen to bad music and make kleenex rich.

mashie said:
I found this pic on the net for those who want a 2405 to 3007 size comparision.

Btw, jacuzz1, you need to tell the guys over at Beyond3d how to get Fear working in 2560x1600 since they ended up doing their crossfire review at 2048x1536 due to some bad setting.

I am at work now but if memroy serves me its Documents and settings<all users<Shared documents<Monolith< Fear<settings then Open with notepad, change hieght and width to desired resolution then save and close.

Fear is elegant in that it auto adjusts fov with res changes. I discovered this using Google

Back