Got a free 1080 but already have a rx480?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
I was given a free zotac gtx 1080 amp card but I already have a AMD RX480 8GB.

I don't game that heavily.

Should I keep it or sell it since they are worth a lot?

I do game but not very taxing games like Kings Bounty, Icewind Dale, and Divinity Original Sin.

If you don't game I would question why you have either card, but unless your pc is regularly doing gpu intensive apps I'd say just sell it.

What would be a good price to sell it?

Don't have a box or accessories, just bare card.

What would be a good price to sell it?

Don't have a box or accessories, just bare card.

They go on Ebay for 450-480 right now. Or you could sell it to me for 200 and be awesome. :)

Keep in mind though, if you sell it on Ebay & Paypal they're going to hit you for about 100 bucks for using their services.

Last edited:
donate it to me. I bought a used GTX980 on craigslist a week and a half ago and it died after a few days. The $200 I spent on the card might not be a lot to most of the users here, but for me, that was a big expense.

donate it to me. I bought a used GTX980 on craigslist a week and a half ago and it died after a few days. The $200 I spent on the card might not be a lot to most of the users here, but for me, that was a big expense.

I'm a sucker for a sob story.

I'm a sucker for a sob story.
What really sucks is that my mom passed away last Friday from cancer. She had been sick for a few years now and for the past year or so she had been eating very little and barely ate anything the past month.
She was just skin and bones, probably 50lbs or so.

this is her about 30 years ago,
Hafdis500pix.jpg

Damn, that is hard to follow. I was going to say it'd be a helluva upgrade from my GTX 570 and sell it to me.

But a dead 980 and mom?

Give it to Zepher

So sorry to hear Zepher. My mom just passed away on Monday. Her and dad were a few days from celebrating their 64th anniversary. Life kinda sucks right now.

Put a smile on Zepher's face...give 'im the card.

And put one on my face...send hookers and blow.

What really sucks is that my mom passed away last Friday from cancer. She had been sick for a few years now and for the past year or so she had been eating very little and barely ate anything the past month.

View attachment 17867

Sorry to hear that.
She was a beautiful lady.

I have a similar story. My mother past away at 41 when I was 16 due to type 1 diabetes. She had to have dialysis the last two years of her life and was in constant pain and suffering. It was so hard to get through and the survivors guilt still is with me 18 years later. Ill tell ya, the pain never goes away, you just have to try to comparmintilze it as best you can & take time, even though shes gone to do things for her from time to time, also, if you have anything you would have liked to tell her, write her a note and read it to her. you ever need to talk about it, send me a PM.

So sorry to hear Zepher. My mom just passed away on Monday. Her and dad were a few days from celebrating their 64th anniversary. Life kinda sucks right now.

Put a smile on Zepher's face...give 'im the card.

And put one on my face...send hookers and blow.

My condolences to you and your family. My mom just had her 62nd birthday a month ago. I've had an unlucky life. I've had arthritis since I was 12, it destroyed most of my joints so far, had to get both hips replaced last year, my neck and back have fused so I can't turn/move my head or bend my back now.
I had to sell my 1988 Firebird Formula last year since I can't safely drive now and it was really really hard to get in and out of the Firebird.

Sorry to hear that.
She was a beautiful lady.

I have a similar story. My mother past away at 41 when I was 16 due to type 1 diabetes. She had to have dialysis the last two years of her life and was in constant pain and suffering. It was so hard to get through and the survivors guilt still is with me 18 years later. Ill tell ya, the pain never goes away, you just have to try to comparmintilze it as best you can & take time, even though shes gone to do things for her from time to time, also, if you have anything you would have liked to tell her, write her a note and read it to her. you ever need to talk about it, send me a PM.

Thanks. It feels kinda surreal right now. She was in the hospital the week prior for about about a week and then they sent her home for hospice care. It almost feels like she is at the hospital right now and will be coming home anytime.

Use it.

Sell it. Buy something that you'll make use of.

or give it to your console friends.

View attachment 17867

Zepher, I've seen you around these forums and I like you. Do you have a donation thing setup? I'll gladly donate to help a fellow [H] get a good video card especially after a loss like that.

I have to admit...I don't have much to spare as my Ex-wife is bleeding me dry for money. I can definitely toss 5 or so your way.

This thread has me turned into...
1fdzgm.jpg

I'd sell it while it still has some decent value...and do it quickly, because the upcoming AMD and NVidia products are going to tank the prices in the used market.

Tears are an accepted form of currency here at [H]

Only in the Soapbox.

Zepher, I've seen you around these forums and I like you. Do you have a donation thing setup? I'll gladly donate to help a fellow [H] get a good video card especially after a loss like that.

I have to admit...I don't have much to spare as my Ex-wife is bleeding me dry for money. I can definitely toss 5 or so your way.

This thread has me turned into...
1fdzgm.jpg

I have a paypal account, https://paypal.me/Zepher

sell the 480 (or give it to Zepher) and buy a VR headset to go with that 1080. In a month when your VR'ing your brains out and just wished you had someone to thank, think of me and smile.

Can we knock off the sob story antics already. My dad died a month ago, and it actually sickens me to think someone would use that situation to try and get pity money, or worse potentially lie about a story to get pity money (no way to verify on the internet).

Can we knock off the sob story antics already. My dad died a month ago, and it actually sickens me to think someone would use that situation to try and get pity money, or worse potentially lie about a story to get pity money (no way to verify on the internet).
FYI, I don't like that your dad died (sorry for your loss) but I do agree that internet sob stories to get free stuff is pretty scummy.

I'm sure the memories of our loved ones could care less what our fps is

I got a splinter today...

Can I have the 1080 to start the healing?

Folding@Home on that son of a bitch. Should be good for around 700k points per day.

Back