Google Maps Using Photoshop?

weed farm.

So how do I get Google to hide MY grow-op with fake trees? I would be happy to share if that's what they want!

LOL, or those light spots are clusters of MJ plants that have been hung in the tree canopy! (ya ya, i know you can't actually see canopy grows from satellite.)

Its Holland guys, its legal to grow weed there anyways...no need to hide it on Google maps.

You can grow it on your front porch, no need to hide it.

Oh how that freedom must be nice

It's nothing, basically they disabled the ability to do a deep zoom in those areas, but you can still see there is a base there.

Not that it really matters, Area51 is no more.

What do you mean? I just looked up if Area51 is closed and all I found was references to a bad article from Popular Mechanics which has been seen as very badly researched.
Seems it's still open as far as I can tell.

It could have been done intentionally. A lot of map providers intentionally make minor errors in their maps in order to identify their maps if someone rips them off or resells them.

Check out the trees on the left side of the pond in the google maps view. Clonestamping there too.

This ain't nothin..at least they got it.

And who *really* cares about replicated trees. This is an area of an ortho seam and the person running QC probably saw trees leaning into each other and decided to fix it to make a prettier picture.

In some cases you'll find photoshop jobs where someone turns a 2 lane road magically into a 4 lane divided highway. That's when the bundle adjustment on the original imagery or a pre existing surface model is really bad.

Where are Mulder and Scully when you need em?
God knows none of us will take the time to go out there and check it out. :cool:

I don't think so man. I'm counting at least 8 instances of the same tree. It's easy to see if you look at the lighter part of the tree.
2zqag6c.jpg

Id guess the original photo/shot is old, they decided against taking a second updated photo, and would rather shoop in some trees and call it good.

and if you look at the original picture, the trees make a shape like an "H" LOL

Yeah, cause if I was gonna build a secret missle silo, I'd build it right next to a GOLF COURSE. :rolleyes:

BACK FOR ONE POST ONLY! Its ROLI FROM THE NETHERLANDS (by way of jamaica, minneapolis, etc)

----

fellas, funny thing is, it aint the first time that a google map is something funny going on in the netherlands. check this out:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=52.094445,5.139982&spn=0.004179,0.007832&z=17

This is the top of my street (ramstraat). Its been like this for the whole year I've lived here. First thing I did last september was check the place out. Go figure its a great house, i think a couple businesses are in there. I'm glad this thread popped up, I gotta go knock on the door before I move up to A'dam in a few weeks.

my sister is certain that aliens are in there. maybe i wont knock on that door.... hmm

Back