Google Maps Image of the Day

Heh, That is a fairly cool effect. Also you can zoom in and see pretty good detail of the plane.

I would say Southwest Airlines since that is a pic of Tempe over by Sky Harbor. Nice Easter Egg (if it could be called that.)

In light of another recent news post...

Steve, do you think you can enhance it? We may find the reflection of a UFO in the windows!

My understanding is that the mars rover cameras take photos in 3 or 4 snaps, recording red, green, and blue on separate frames, which get combined when they make it back here. I wonder if the satellite that took these photos may use a similar process?

My understanding is that the mars rover cameras take photos in 3 or 4 snaps, recording red, green, and blue on separate frames, which get combined when they make it back here. I wonder if the satellite that took these photos may use a similar process?

Yeah it definitely appears that that first shot was taken red, then green, then blue.

Yeah it definitely appears that that first shot was taken red, then green, then blue.

I would suggest the opposite - blue, green, red. Otherwise the plane would be moving backwards if red was the first shot taken. :)

That does look like a Landsat RGB image if something is moving. The screenshot above was probably one of the aerial shots Google uses.

ROFL!

I was going to say ZOOM!!!!! ENHANCE!!! ZOOM ENHANCE!!!

but wow, you totally owned my reply NOT_SO_HARD :D :D :D

if you zoom all the way in to street view and look up theirs this wired red cone thing in the sky.

It's not lens flare, its someone "re-inflating" the autopilot:
images

;)
Does look like a 3D picture.

That is to Funny!

The picture I found was in Tempe, Az just search for fiddlesticks golf and look in the lower left.

Maybe they have different satellite imager's up there. The one I found maybe was the old kind or something.

:)

Love Not_So_Hard's work. thank you for the laugh :D

Back