Google Map does not warn me on radar camera on their Android phone

A CIA front company won't warn you about govt speed traps? Hardly surprised.

They only needed to see how many people would activate such a feature and sell that info. I don't think if i were speeding I would put my trust into google to enable me to avoid speed traps.

Reactions: travm
like this
https://support.google.com/maps/thread/9976079/how-do-i-turn-on-speed-camera-alerts?hl=en

according to this link, as long as "Speedometer" is on, they will warn me on radar camera

but the robot voice never say anything at those zone.

is there some setting you need on the robot voice?

because when I use "Here We Go" application on my phone, it DOES warn me, whereas Google map does not

Please ignore the conspiracy theorists — I'd just use Waze, so you get crowdsourced speed camera locations and Google's map data.

One does not simply 'ignore' conspiracy theorists.

Waze is good though as said.

"Conspiracy theorists" :LOL: :ROFLMAO:. That's what they always say until it isn't one.
Well, claiming Google is a CIA front, or in cahoots with local governments to entrap speeders... that's a bit much, unsupported by evidence and unhelpful to the OP.

Don't forget Hanlon's razor: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." The likely, far more boring answer is that Google Maps either has a less-than-obvious setting or just isn't working as hoped. I'm pretty sure Google isn't basing its business model on kickbacks for encouraging speeding tickets.

let me download Waze then. "Here We Go" also works.

but for those who uses google map when driving, do you people get that radar warning or not

let me download Waze then. "Here We Go" also works.

but for those who uses google map when driving, do you people get that radar warning or not
I rarely get radar warnings. I didn't even know it was a feature til it went off one day.

well, something else happened today: I use the "Here We go" application software,

a) suddenly there is no sound
b) the phone vibrates every 3 sec.

my plan is to remove this software and re-install. But I don't understand why it acts this way all of a sudden

Back