Google issues EOL for Cloud Print

I have 500 or so people who use cloud print daily... we have damned near 800 ChromeOS devices. I have absolutely no clue what I am going to transition too to replace the service. I have a lot of people panicking.

I have 500 or so people who use cloud print daily... we have damned near 800 ChromeOS devices. I have absolutely no clue what I am going to transition too to replace the service. I have a lot of people panicking.

VPN works wonders

Also every printer company i.e. Samsing HP dell etc... all have android and iOS remote clients for web printing

Fortunately you have a year to figure out what to do.

Google seems to recommend you migrate to native printing for ChromeOS, because it's better now.

PaperCut just made their Mobility version free. It enables many of the same features as Google Cloud Print. I think it lacks some of the ACL features though.

VPN works wonders

Also every printer company i.e. Samsing HP dell etc... all have android and iOS remote clients for web printing
Yeah I am looking at new printers as our existing contracts are up between Ricoh and Toahiba and Lexmark for the new ones.

Came here to say coming to a "Stadia" near you soon.
tenor.gif

You trusted Google? Not happy for you but, Google is not exactly known for their........ yeah, that.

You trusted Google? Not happy for you but, Google is not exactly known for their........ yeah, that.
Trust not so much, but ChromeOS paired with their management licensing using the O365 pass through authentication works damned well mostly problem free.

Back