• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Google In Space

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Google co-founder Sergey Brin has plopped down the five million dollars to book a space flight. Wow. I guess if I had the money, I would too. Wouldn’t you?

The company announced Wednesday that Brin will be the founding member of its Orbital Mission Explorers Circle, a group of six individuals who will each make a $5 million down payment to book a seat on a future orbital space flight.
 
GOOGLE IS OUR GOD AND OVERLORD. HE NEEDS TO LOOK UPON THE WORLD HE HAS CONQUERED! :p
 
I absolutely would if I was in Brin's position, no question. While what he is doing will never be in my financial reach, I someday want to go the Virgin Galactic route if I ever have 200K to burn.

For fun I wanna do this next year: http://www.gozerog.com/ :D
 
Google is also offering $20 million for the Moon X-Prize to anyone who can put a lander and vehicle on the moon by Dec. 31, 2010.
 
If I had the money today, i would go to space. The risks are worth the rewards.
 
If I had the money today, i would go to space. The risks are worth the rewards.

and what would those be?



lol


who am i kidding, if i has as much money as brin does, i'd actually seriously consider the same... i'd also own my own mig... that is a given
 
Jammie buggar! I think i may have to re-think how i make my millions - the job im in now doesnt seem to be getting me very far. Perhaps ill begin creating my empire of Web search engines. OH no. That´s already been done :(
 
The moon yes, but on reflection, Mars doesnt look like such an inviting prospect . . .:rolleyes:
 
It's always been my dream to be an astronaut (Or a surgeon).. If I had the money I would totally want to do it but I'm unbelievably scared of heights... I can't get on an airplane without sedating myself first, I could never go up into space :eek:
 
It's always been my dream to be an astronaut (Or a surgeon).. If I had the money I would totally want to do it but I'm unbelievably scared of heights... I can't get on an airplane without sedating myself first, I could never go up into space :eek:

Ever thought of hypnotherapy or something - if you wanna be an astronaut then i guess you need to think about it - or of course opt for sugery, although i hear thats pretty scarry too! Strange combo though (wanting to be catapulted thruogh space AND cut people up)!!
 
Back
Top