Google Helps You Vote

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to vote but you are not sure where to cast your vote? Use Google to find your local polling station. Just search the word “vote” using Google, enter your address and Google maps will spit out the closest location for you to vote.

Voted 2 weeks ago. Yay for absentee ballots!

Actually using that is probably a bad idea, as your closest polling place is not always the one you're assigned to. Most local election boards have a website you can visit to confirm your polling place.

Heh, That site directs me to the wrong side of town. The indicated building was someones house and not the polling place.

Oops. :p

I actually used this earlier today. Granted I confirmed it through another site, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Eric Schmidt on voting:

"I can see a time that Google tells you, you know, tells you how to vote. Because it has seen the sites you go to, the forum posts you've made. And you know, for those people that don't like it, they can just move to a different country."

I tried it and Google is listing some place that is not on the county's official list of polling places. So that's a fail.

I just didn't bother this year. Louisville is always democratic and Kentucky is always republican. Either way our reps are always Milquetoast or pure evil and in the presidential election our votes dont even count. Meh whatever.

Early voting FTW.
Polls are an absolute clusterf* here in Atlanta on election days.

This helped me out this morning. I couldn't find the card my government sent me 2 months ago on the location of my polling place, so I had to find out through other means.

Back