Google +1 on threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoson

Supreme [H]ardness
Just a suggestion. There are many things from the forum that I share with other people on social networking sites. I usually just copy/paste the URL's, but it would be nice to have a +1 button that shares to G+!

I'm sure it would decrease the amount of typing Kyle has to do, on occasion. ;)

I'm sure that would be great for all three people who use Google+. For everyone else? Not so much.

There's actually quite a few [H]forum members. I've got almost 70 in a [H] circle. I know there are a lot more out there, I just stopped following the 'add me on g+!' thread. Kyle is on there and shares things with us.

I'm sure that if they add the option... It won't be mandatory. They could probably make it so you have to go into your user properties to enable it.

Plenty of people have accounts, but very few actually use them. I doubt that many people would see any benefit from this feature, and most would just find it to be a waste of space.

I see plenty of activity on my [H] stream from unique people. Including Kyle +1'd something from the main site(which already has +1 integration).

Google+ has 50 million users as of September. In three months they have an eighth of the number of users Facebook took many years to grow. Even if only 1% of that 50 million people uses G+, that's still 500,000 people. I think the offical number of 'active' users was 15-20%... So yeah... That's millions of active users.

Maybe you don't have anyone in your circles? You need people in your circles to see activity. :rolleyes: Your negativity certainly doesn't make me want to follow anything you have to say or share anything with you.

Oh god no. Keep the +1's and Likes off the forum. It's on the front page and that's where it needs to stay. The forums should look nice and orderly and clean of crap.

I too have 70+ people in my [H] circle and the only time I see much activity is right after there is an article on here about it, lol. Kyle is about the only one that actively posts public.

We use +1 on HardOCP and quite frankly, no one clicks those things. I have never seen more than 4 clicks on a single one. Thinking about pulling the feature.....

And as 03 says above, not really into cluttering things up around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back