goodbye mr striker

BrainEater

[H]ard|Gawd
I'd like to dedicate this thread to Dan_D , sd11 and anyone else who got screwed with the 680i.....

I gave my striker the sweet release it so richly deserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EZp_lHVO48

Haw haw.....

ds20.jpg

ds22.jpg

I made sure to sweep up all the bits for the RMA process....it's important ASUS and Nvidia have everything to determine whats wrong :

ds23.jpg

:D

as much as i'd say that's awesome, i'd have at least tried to sell it to recoup buying a not broken motherboard

it's also important for ASUS and Nvidia to be able to read this....

i also would have put it threw one of those material shreaders and then sent the whole thing back to them with the FU picture.

I'll take that commando off your hands. I looked at your posts, I don't overclock so I wouldn't mind a free mobo that runs fine at stock. :D

lol 85 bucks + shipping (coming from Canada) and u can have it.

Lawdee-lawdee... lawdee! I had an original Striker Extreme, and man was it a frustrating experience: so sweet when it worked, so unbearable the other 50% of the time. Moving from that to the Abit AB9 Quad-GT was the most rewarding hardware experience of my computing life.

Well I ebayed mine but this seems to be the solution for the most satisfaction!

what was soo bad about that striker board? haha

It would be funny if you actually did try and RMA it...see what they say..hahahahha

I fully intend to try and RMA it.

I doubt Memory Express will let that one fly but yah never know.

Either way , I'm returning it to Asus with instructions to 'read-and-pass-on' to Nvidia.I have a complete video/pictorial log of it's destruction.

[disclaimer]
I still love Asus and Nvidia.I bought Asus to replace the striker.I have purchased both Asus and Nvidia again for an upcoming project I'm doing.
[/disclaimer]

I figgered since I spent 400$ on a lemon , I'd have my way with it at least.

The tamper was only the end......

It went through a lot......

I 'desoldered' the northbridge with a blowtorch :

ds9.jpg

I removed the southbridge with a jackhammer ;

http://braineater.kicks-ass.tv/miscshite/MVI_1766.avi
--------------------

I then crushed said southy by using it to hold up the corner of a house ;

http://braineater.kicks-ass.tv/miscshite/MVI_1796.avi
--------------------

The carcass was used as an ashtray at one of our lans ;

ds18.jpg

---------------

Then it met Mr Tamper.

heh

:D

680i and 780i really are pos. If you got a working one, fantastic, but me and the three failed one's I've seen... no. Sorry NV, I'm not buying another one of your chipsets until a year after its released (at which point it won't be compelling).

The most disgusting thing about 680i and 780i for me is this whole HDD curruption rumors. Seriously guys, wtf?

I have 4 friends at school who have first generation EVGA 680i boards and they've never had problems. I just don't understand it.

I've went through 4x 680i, 1x 780i, and now I'm happy with my 790i!

The 680i was a real POS though... god knows how many revisions there are!

PS. Data corruption was fixed with latest BIOS update

Back