Good speakers for under $30?

hdawg06

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
2,095
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836116161

Great little set of speakers for not a lot of dough. They get pretty loud and don't break up, and the sound is surprisingly balanced for such a cheap set.

I've bought these speakers for 2 computers in my own home and a few family members, and everyone has been equally impressed.

The altec lansings would probably be okay as well, I had a 4.1 set of those a while back and they worked well for the price. I'm just recommending the Creative's because I've used them and I know they're good for the money.
 
If I was you, I would wait and save some more money. You only get what you pay for so if you think your gonna get amazing sound with $30 speakers. Your not gonna be happy.
Sound is very important for music, games and movies if you skimp out your ruining the experience of almost everything. I am surprised nobody else has told you this yet.;)
Your wasting the $30
 
best bang for your $30 would be those altec's you mentioned in your first pic... dont expect crazy loud and clear sound though out of a 20w $30 set
 
While I agree that good speakers are worth the money, some people don't care that much. The speakers I mentioned are great for being under $30 and despite your protests to the contrary, I think they're plenty sufficient for listening to mp3s and playing games. They certainly don't hold a candle to the high end offerings by klipsch and logitech, but that doesn't mean they're worthless.
 
Nobody has any say? I really dont want movies or listen to Music very much on my computer.
 
I would almost go this route, and go to good will or a therft shop, find some old beat up amplifier and crappy bookshelf speakers for under 50$ and it will probably sound 10x better than buying a 50$ pair of speakers. Where they skimp usually is in the bass and if it does have bass it's x-over at like 45hz which sounds like pure crap on movies and music, but gaming is alright just don't expect anything to shake.

Might want to try looking around for something used otherwise also, sometimes you can find something really nice. Also with the therft shop you can find really nice speakers for cheap, might be 30 years old but if they've been taken care of well they'll play excellently. I usually look for 15"s that work and just use them for bass on my system through a 5.1 reciever that has the LFE channel going to all 6 channels or however many subs i have hooked up.
 
I got Logitech X-230s for €35 so I'm sure you'll be able to find them under $40 easily. Nice speakers, extremely impressed for the price. Bassy, can go reasonably loud and look nice too.
 
I got a set of older Altec Lansing ADA885's (4.1 channel w/THX support) for $50 shipped maybe 6 months ago. For the price, I haven't seen anything close.
 
Yeah, I'd go for those. You'll love em. Just keep the fake bass boost at the back about half way up.

Keep it up enough to that you get bass, but not so far up so that it distorts everything and you can't hear anything and it sounds like crap (Yeah, I have a pair of x-230's).

Good job finding them.

EDIT: I tried looking, and that is the cheapest you'll find those babies. You'll have alot of fun in gaming once you set them up to be bassy, but not distort too much. Have fun with them, they are the best buy you'll find at your price level!
 
I was told the X-530's were the same as the Z-640's and if that is true they just have a Bass knob at the back for sub level. I didn;t think there was a bass boost on the X-530's. If your getting the X-530's these speakers are a very good set for the price. The sub is very decent and you have nice treble. Considering the price you will be happy.;) THe subs can be a little boomy at first so adjust your system for it. Once you get the system properly balacened though it sound fairly good.
 
X-530 = X-230 + Rear + Center.

Personally I'd either go for the 230s and save a few bucks or get a different 2.1 system in the price range of the 530s. Surround sound is overrated, especially cheap stuff.
 
I agree. The surround sound isn't going to do much for you in this price range. I wouldn't even bother with surround sound unless you're stepping up to something like the thx certified z680s or whatever the new version of those are.
 
Back
Top