• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good quiet replacement for my Vantec Tornado

ManCannon

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
2,451
I'm looking for a good 90mm fan to replace my Tornado and cool my CPU. The quieter the better, but I'd still like decent cooling. Something half as loud as the Tornado would do me just fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?
 
I had those for a few months. I got so sick of them I went out, and spent 50 dollars on new fans for my mid tower. I had them on low the entire time, high was not bearable what so ever.
 
I remember when I swapped out a couple of the Tornados for a Koolance EXOS system and had a hell of a time getting to sleep and staying asleep since I no longer had the nice hum of the fans to lull me to sleep.

 
I remember when I swapped out a couple of the Tornados for a Koolance EXOS system and had a hell of a time getting to sleep and staying asleep since I no longer had the nice hum of the fans to lull me to sleep.

Haha, that's actually why I'm looking to replace it. I rearranged my room and now my PC is right next to my bed, and it's a little loud for sleeping. It wasn't too bad when I was on the other side of the room, but now it's a bit much.

I don't need anything silent, I like a bit of noise when I'm sleeping anyway, but I definitely need something a little quieter. Just looking for something reliable that cools well.
 
I remember when I swapped out a couple of the Tornados for a Koolance EXOS system and had a hell of a time getting to sleep and staying asleep since I no longer had the nice hum of the fans to lull me to sleep.


Seriously when you get used to the sound its like an auditory night light.

I use fast 92mm on cpu and 120mm's, pretty quiet but still audible. When its off I toss and turn =)
 
Back
Top