• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

good HSF for an e8400

... I kow a few good ones, TRUE and the likes, but what's a moderately priced good performance hsf in [h]'s opinion...
 
Artric freezer pro 7 is an nice inexpensive ( about $28 - shop around) medium performance easy to install one. Should be good for 3.2 or better on that processor. Pwm fan so it can be run in "quiet mode" too.

You need to tell us what you mean by "good". Best bang for buck, best cooling no matter how much the cost or noise. whatever.
 
Artric freezer pro 7 is an nice inexpensive ( about $28 - shop around) medium performance easy to install one. Should be good for 3.2 or better on that processor. Pwm fan so it can be run in "quiet mode" too.

You need to tell us what you mean by "good". Best bang for buck, best cooling no matter how much the cost or noise. whatever.

yes great for the price, better than some that are alot more money
 
I've been looking at that xigmatek cooler... i like it a lot.

i just got rid of my q6600 = zalman 9500at. i'm looking into the aformentioned xigmatek, but if there's somethign that gives a cooling factor about the same or better for a price in that price point, I'd pay for it.

My target price range is <$50
 
The Xigmatek is definitely the best cooler below $50. The only better heatsinks out there are the Thermalright IFX-14, Ultra-120, and IIRC a Noctua model or two, all of which are fairly expensive. Considering the Xigmatek performs within a few degrees of the TRUE, It's definitely a good buy for you.
 
OCZ Vendetta (which is just the Xigmatek HDT-S983 with OCZ's name on it). Apparently, this performs slightly better than the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 and it's only 92mm.

The OCZ Vendetta 2 is the same as the original except with a 120mm fan.
 
Take a look at the Thermalright Ultra Extreme. I upgraded from a Tuniq Tower 120, and I'll never go back.
 
I did, but it's about 2x the cost of the one i purchased... and is only like 1-3 deg. cooler. ;p
 
Take a look at the Thermalright Ultra Extreme. I upgraded from a Tuniq Tower 120, and I'll never go back.

If you saw a big difference between a Tuniq Tower and a TRUE 120, you did something wrong with the Tuniq Tower.
 
Zalman 9700 or eXtreme 120 by Thermalright

hands down best coolers.. one's fat one's tall, whichever one fits your fancy..
 
Erm, the Zalmans are quiet, but they are certainly not the best coolers.

Anyway, all of the best ones have been recommended.
 
Depends on what you define as 'best'.. best looking.. i would say yes.. even the tuniq tower isn't all that flashy.. a 1-2 degree difference between all the above mentioned coolers, i would still rate the 9700 one of the coolest looking sinks...
 
I *had* a 9500at. Mounting it was a pita.. I cut myself multiple times on the fins.

i should get the xigmatek here relatively soon. I'll toss up some pix when I get it, check the p180 thread. :D:D

i've also been working on modding my case with some of the cool, mods.. cutting the mobo tray where the HSF mount, replacing all the stock thermal paste. I'm looking at putting a 4gb flash drive inside the case as possibly an extra drive for quick loading... anyone know about that.. (4-8gb flash drives)
 
Stop%20Whining.jpeg


Stop ur whining.. babies that cry about their 'cuts' should go buy a Dell.

dellguy1.jpg
 
lighten up :rolleyes:

I *had* a 9500at. Mounting it was a pita.. I cut myself multiple times on the fins.

Learn to live with em, the more you mod the more they're referred to as battle wounds.
 
I use a Thermalright ultra 90. My temps range from 35c to 40c at load(prime95).
 
I'll poast pix when I get done....
*alcohool + internet = bad spelling*
 
Back
Top