Good gaming site?

petertew

Gawd
I used to check Kotaku regularly, but now that their site design has gone to total shit (along with every other Gawker site I used to like) I need a new site to check up on the latest gaming news. Anyone have some suggestions?

I like Destructoid, I use to bounce between it and Kotaku but yeah that redesign blows.

Awesome. Thanks for the links. I still hope that Kotaku will switch back to its old format, but working for a web company I know how hard it can be for people to check their egos and admit they made a mistake; in other words, I'm not holding my breath.

I use n4g.com as a central source for all gaming news. FYI, ignore the comments.

If you really liked Kotaku (and other Gawker sites) use the Canadian (and sometimes .net) versions of the sites. http://ca.kotaku.com/ for example still uses the old site format.

I'm starting to get used to the new design, but it's not without it's quirks for sure (I miss getting notifications when someone replies to one of my comments).

Gamespot seems to give the most info at a glance (news, reviews, scores, release dates, etc)

Shacknews, Giant Bomb, Rock Paper Shotgun. Also Teamliquid.net for Starcraft

I appreciate the additional links. I'm liking Destructoid a lot. As for putting in "special" URLs just to get Kotaku back to normal (or close to it), fuck that. They should accomidate me, not the other way around.

The ones I frequent; Giantbomb, Bitmob, Shacknews, 1UP, Joystiq (although not as much anymore), IGN, Rock Paper Shotgun, and occasionally Destructoid.

Never heard of Giantbomb before but after visiting I can say it is entertaining. I've added it to my favourites

Same here, most info at a glance is what I value at Gamespot.

I like Gamespot too, very unfashionable and unpopular with the majority on here no doubt. It's a good source for info and the site is clear and laid out in a highly professional manner.

Blah, shacknews got gawker'd. :(

Also, NeoGaf forums is a good place to get news and info. The site policy is new news; new thread, and you don't have to be a member to view the forum.

Back