Good FPS PC Games?

BTW What is the difference between qlive & q3arena? I used to own q3arena but cant find it lol Do people still play the original UT?

Gameplay wise there is a little bit different that changes the gameplay. Movement is slightly different, and some weapons fire slower and or has damage different than quake 3 arena. Also some maps have additional areas or items/weapons on maps different.

acefightr: I think we all do! Someone update it with unreal 4 engine!

There seems to be a community project on the UDK forums. They can not do a direct name copy as Epic says they can't but they said they could do a spiritual successor. I would imagine the weapons can stay the same but with slightly different names and the name of the game can not say "Unreal Tournament". The people that are working on it now have been taking votes on the name.
I thought about making some maps for it.

How is it that Quake Live is more fun than most of the FPS games out today & its free?

Everything is a grind these days to unlock stuff, I miss the good days where everything was available from the start and I wasn't focused on just unlocking weapons for the game to earn more replay time

I've pimped Receiver here before. And, well, I'll do it again.

Receiver.

Fuck and yes. It's been on sale for $1 before, definitely worth it.

The feeling you get when you seamlessly reload for the first time *drool*

thanks Occidio It would be cool if another arena style shooter came out that gave you the ability to dodge bullets, wall walk/jump, double jump, even slide under bullets ect...I think its best if they just come out with their own "spiritual succesor" version to UT that way itll feel different & new..Still cannot believe there are no good shooters out with how technology has advanced...

Fuck and yes. It's been on sale for $1 before, definitely worth it.

The feeling you get when you seamlessly reload for the first time *drool*

thaanks you guys im going have to check it out. there was a game called miner wars on xbox arcade that was a dollar and quite a few halo players liked it bettter then halo reach/halo 4. (it played much like first halo with some minecraft bits.

Have you guys tried some of the updated free engines for some of the old doom/quake games or other fps? I really liked playing through the single player of quake 1 with dark places. I played quake 2 with updated engine but i so wanted to play online, and couldnt without reverting back to default quake2 engine. Still a blast to play but wow..

You shouldn't need to use the original Q2 engine to play online, I wouldn't think. All game code is externalized in a DLL, and it's a client/server deal anyway: all you send the server are input packets.

I could play against others using the same updated engine, just couldnt connect to the few remaining baseq2 dm servers. The issue was basically similar to running different patches.

What new Quake2 engine? Did someone make something like Dark Places only for Quake2?
There were certain things I liked about Q2 but I always felt it was slower than Q1 and it bothered me. To fix the issue for me was to make the FOV 120, made the game feel faster. I would also change the gamespeed when I hosted games, lol.

Hadn't taken a look at Receiver before. Looks like I might need to try it out. Thanks for the tip!

There were also a couple of Q2 ports a while back called Q2 Evolved and Q2Max that were both pretty good. I'm sure others have eclipsed them by now, but they were great at the time.

What new Quake2 engine? Did someone make something like Dark Places only for Quake2?
There were certain things I liked about Q2 but I always felt it was slower than Q1 and it bothered me. To fix the issue for me was to make the FOV 120, made the game feel faster. I would also change the gamespeed when I hosted games, lol.

quake 2 did run slower by a good bit. It was maeant to be a little more strategic and more cat and mouse. Which it succeeded at. If you were to translate how fast the characters moved , doom marine ran at 90mpg, quake 1 70mph, quake 2 50mph. with quake 3 around 65 to 70.

I believe what i used was quake 2 evolved. theres also a decent mod for doom called gldoom, but its been 2 to 3 years or more since ive used it. It doesnt add nearly the graphics upgrade dark places does for quake 1 but still fun.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive while great, is an iterative update to Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source. Enhanced graphics and effects (using its own version of the Source engine), better sound, more updates and a larger community than any of the previous iterations of Counter-Strike. Valve's matchmaking isn't bulletproof, however it does provide a seamless way to jump into structured competitive matches, complete with player skill brackets keeping games as competitive as possible. The fact that Valve has additional ways to monetize the game bodes well for its future.

TL;DR: if you enjoyed Counter-Strike in the past, give CS:GO a shot.

Quake 3 reminds me of Diablo 2. It was just one of those games where everything lined up correctly and was really popular in its prime and still plays well 10 years later (as quake live in Q3's case).

Competitive Q3 is one of my fondest gaming memories back in early 2000.

just playd red ochestra2 online & ....its pretty rough, I couldnt get into it at all..also tried playing hl2 episode 1...not sure what was so great about hl2 but I cant seem to get into this either...I might have to delete all the games in my steam library lol...Still got max payne 3, deus ex, human revolation, batman arkham city, dead space, & blood dragon to try out...

I loved FC3 - dropped a lot of hours on that one. If you can run all the eye candy, it's really pretty and I thought the gunplay was great.

just playd red ochestra2 online & ....its pretty rough, I couldnt get into it at all..also tried playing hl2 episode 1...not sure what was so great about hl2 but I cant seem to get into this either...I might have to delete all the games in my steam library lol...Still got max payne 3, deus ex, human revolation, batman arkham city, dead space, & blood dragon to try out...

I actually liked HL2, but I didn't enjoy the episodes after it as much. Human Revolution is fun, as well as Dead Space. If you haven't played Dishonored, it's a pretty fun game too.

have you tried hard reset, some people like it. i got it, havent played much but graphically its pretty solid..

never tried hard reset. Playd sum blood dragon last night was pretty cool. The only good thing about having so many games is by the time you get thru them the newer games are all on sale lol

Back