Good Cd Organizer?

I'm about to start organizing and cataloging all my cd's and dvd's. Any suggestions on a good program to do the job? Preferably free, but commercial is okay as well.

Thanks in advance.

UB

For CD's I'm ripping with Audiograbber and the LAME plugin. I've checked both boxes for "By Artist" and "By Album", sorts them nicely in subdirectories by artist, then by album. Free.

I just put all my music in folders manually like this: Artist - Album. I use Mp3tag to tag my MP3's.

If I understand the OP's question, I don't think he wants to rip all his CDs and DVDs to his computer, but instead wants some sort of database to catalog all them.

Cathy

An extremly small, very fast and easy to use media cataloging tool. You can use it to index files stored on removable media (CD-ROMs, LS120, Iomega Zip and Jaz disks, or even diskettes), hard disks or net drives, and create searchable catalogs that can be used without having access to original media. Searching capabilities are based on file name, date and size. Additional features include filtering options, search duplicates or singles, customizable date format, etc. Found files can be opened (executed) or deleted directly, if they are present. Drag&drop support. Directory trees, MP3 album/song lists can be printed, disk space usage can be investigated. Single file executable, no install needed.

PIC

freeware, and its been around for so long and been such a good ap that
that is one reason you don't find alot of alternatives in this field, freeware or commercial

;)

Thanks for the replies. Just tried the Cathy program. And it's awesome. Just what i am looking for and very fast!

Thanks again!

Ice Czar said:
Cathy

PIC

freeware, and its been around for so long and been such a good ap that
that is one reason you don't find alot of alternatives in this field, freeware or commercial

;)

Back