Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
You can't even tell from the recommended requirements? What about this?
http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=4487.0
You can't even tell from the recommended requirements? What about this?
http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=4487.0
The answer is always going to be "buy the best you can afford."
Currently that ladder goes
8800 Ultra - ~$600-650
8800 GTX - ~$500-550
8800 GTS 640MB or Radeon HD 2900 XT 1GB depending on the game/engine - ~$375-450
8800 GTS 320MB - ~$275-325
Anything less is definitely not going to cut it. The 320MB 8800 GTS will probably be memory limited at that resolution at higher settings with AA/AF, as Crysis is likely to use very large textures, shadow maps etc.
WRONG
Read the hyperlink above. Even a 7800gtx can run on mostly high. You don't need a 8800 series card to play games.![]()
You were just told that the link above is a COMPLETE GUESS. One could easily say WRONG to you, but we don't really know as the developers haven't released the system requirements.
You were just told that the link above is a COMPLETE GUESS. One could easily say WRONG to you, but we don't really know as the developers haven't released the system requirements.
you have a budget? just get the 8800 ultra and call it a day.
and I would disagree and instead recommend the 640mb model. Crysis is the most graphically demanding game to date. even at that res with no AA the 320mb might not be enough. I will guarantee you with any AA the 320mb will nosedive in this game compared to the 640mb. I know Bioshock is a completely different game but Firingsquads review of the game with AA(DX9 only) clearly showed the superiority of the 640mb in a modern game.For 1680x1050 resolution I suggest you get 8800gts 320meg version or wait for the game to actually come out and see how cards that are out performs. IF you can wait that is.
IF you can't wait get yourself a 8800gts 320meg version. It will suffice you for that resolution.
and I would disagree and instead recommend the 640mb model. Crysis is the most graphically demanding game to date. even at that res with no AA the 320mb might not be enough. I will guarantee you with any AA the 320mb will nosedive in this game compared to the 640mb. I know Bioshock is a completely different game but Firingsquads review of the game with AA(DX9 only) clearly showed the superiority of the 640mb in a modern game.
http://firingsquad.com/hardware/bioshock_aa_performance/page3.asp
could you please show me where he said a $400 card would be to expensive?? sorry but you dont know how it will perform either so your suggestion is no better than mine. I was at least giving a compelling reason why a 320mb might not be enough.Are you even reading his post before answering? Not everyone wants to spend $400 on video card.
Do you know how Crysis will perform on current hardware?
The guy wants to play medium settings @ 1680x1050. A 320meg card would be plenty.![]()
could you please show me where he said a $400 card would be to expensive?? sorry but you dont know how it will perform either so your suggestion is no better than mine. I was at least giving a compelling reason why a 320mb might not be enough.
and I would disagree and instead recommend the 640mb model. Crysis is the most graphically demanding game to date. even at that res with no AA the 320mb might not be enough. I will guarantee you with any AA the 320mb will nosedive in this game compared to the 640mb. I know Bioshock is a completely different game but Firingsquads review of the game with AA(DX9 only) clearly showed the superiority of the 640mb in a modern game.
http://firingsquad.com/hardware/bioshock_aa_performance/page3.asp
we can argue all day but neither of us really know how it will play. Cyrsis looks to be very very graphically demanding and 1680 is a fairly high res. anyway we will all see in about 9 days when the demo comes out.He doesn't say that but you don't need a $400-$500 card to play games. He wants to play medium settings as in medium ranged card. Not everyone can afford $400 cards. It's a nitch market in PC gaming industry.
Why wouldn't a 320meg video card enough for medium settings? I play fine with a 8600gts mostly on maximum settings with all my games @ 1440x900 even the recently released bioshock and MOH:Airborne.
we can argue all day but neither of us really know how it will play. Cyrsis looks to be very very graphically demanding and 1680 is a fairly high res. anyway we will all see in about 9 days when the demo comes out.![]()
Thanks for the great replys. Alot of flaming lol. The demo will be stable release not like the beta right?