Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I actually like the section in Star Wars Ep. 2, where Obi-wan is in something of a dogfight with Boba Fett. There's a very good mix of dynamics and full-range effects that really make it a pretty good demo for a system. Pure Ben Burtt/Skywalker Sound pleasure throughout the entire scene, with stellar spatialization.
Really? All I can specifically recall is that that scene was jaw dropping (or the audio equivalent to jaw dropping) in the theater. Man, what a fucking punch!Yeah, the sonic mine things in the asteroid field are amazing. One of the best sounds I've heard in a theater, but I think they changed it slightly for the dvd.
If all you want is a gunfight, then get Heat (Michael Mann film.) There's a running gun battle through downtown LA that lasts for about 10 minutes and will really give your surrounds a workout.
finding nemo is really good (the scene where darma taps on the glass tank is a great sub test)
and the Incredibles is a great surround sound / LFE movie
Das Boot (gotta love submarine movies for audio)