• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Good 2.1's Do they exist?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 29, 2000
Messages
11,053
I have always used 5.1's, but would would you all recommend for 2.1's?
 
Those Klipsch speakers are quite good.. for a little less money, you can get the Logitech Z-2300 which are comparable and less than $100. I have a pair of the Logitechs and they are quite good.
 
I really like my Logi 2300. they are pretty good, and ESPECIALLY for the price, LESS that $100, what else could you ask for. But if you want to spend a lot more money, and not get multimedia speakers then look at getting a reciever with some good speakers, i have heard that these Swans (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836136102)
and one of the Dayton subs make a Great combonation.
~Hope this helps!~
 
Don't forget to look at the Klipsch iFi's... and I believe they are $199 at Costco right now
 
Anyone willing to live without a control pod and willing to accomodate 1/4 inch inputs should look at M-Audio's LX4 which is a 2.1 that is expandle into a 5.1. It is marketed mainly as a studio monitor but is only slightly more expensive than the better "multimedia" speakers. I have both this set and the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's. While the Klipsch are very good, the LX4 sounds much better if music is your primary focus. Drawbacks are the inputs and the fact that the volume controls are on the rear of the sub, so other than bending down all the time the only alternative is digital volume control.
 
i believe these are the logitechs everyone is talking about and for that price its a steal, click here
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
_Korruption_ said:
Altec Lansing MX5021.

I second that, they are beautiful speakers. Although my friends logi 2300's Sound just as good. I prefer the Altec's over the klipsch, for music. Altec or Logi's have my vote.
 
I've had both the Klipsch promedia 2.1's and i now own the logitech z-2300s and I can say from experience that the 2300's are better. better sub, on/off switch on the little pod thing, and best of all really cheap now. they get my vote.
 
By "better sub" I suspect you mean "louder". Logitech subs are great at playing loud. They're also boomy as hell and can only play one note, but they're great at volume.
 
o0akoni0o said:
i believe these are the logitechs everyone is talking about and for that price its a steal, click here

These get a vote from me as well. Seriously, for the sound you get from these and the price you pay, is definitely worth it.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
o0akoni0o said:
i believe these are the logitechs everyone is talking about and for that price its a steal, click here
i agree as well, i mean, you get what you pay for, under $100 for good speakers is a GREAT deal, but they are NOT the best. but for the price, i really REALLY think these win hands down at the Price/preformance ratio. ;)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmm, no one has mentioned these yet, but I have the Creative Megaworks 250D's and they are very nice. They play very high when I want them too with barely any distortion at full volume. The bass is very nice as well. And since I recently got an XtremeMusic sound card they sound even better.
 
Back
Top