Good 120mm fans?

dgingeri

2[H]4U
I had two of my intake fans get damaged during a recent move. They were Corsair AF120 performance fans, and now I've discovered they aren't very easy or cheap to replace. I think I paid $12 each for them, and now the only ones I can find are $31 for a 2 pack.

So, I'm looking for a replacement model. What's considered the best for a $10-12 high airflow fan these days?

Performance PCs has 2 packs of the AF120's for $29. $14.50 per fan isn't too bad of a price. You can get decent Yate Loon's with the same speed for about $4. Anything else is in the $14-18 range depending on exactly what you're looking for.

These are great! & really quiet. Still running them in my dad's Sandy Bridge PC after 3 years. They are not PWM however.
Prolimatech Blue Vortex 12's -You wont find any better for 10 bucks!
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...2014&cm_re=Prolimatech-_-35-242-014-_-Product

Nocuta Redux 120mm PWM, great fans also, used them for over two years, switched color theme and sold them though.
https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cool...1485390362&sr=1-1&keywords=Noctua+Redux+120mm

Those are my recommendations.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
These are my personal favorite and one of the best all around 120mm fans out there when it comes to performance, quality, dependability: Nidec Gentle Typhoon 1850, but they are more like the Porsche among fans and they'll blow your budget twice over. I've got 14 of them in my case on radiators.

If you can buy from Amazon, you Corsair AF120's are only $18 for a twin back.

Just "ok" and cheap would be the Yate Loons.

Performance PCs has 2 packs of the AF120's for $29. $14.50 per fan isn't too bad of a price. You can get decent Yate Loon's with the same speed for about $4. Anything else is in the $14-18 range depending on exactly what you're looking for.
Thanks. That was one place I didn't check.

These are my personal favorite and one of the best all around 120mm fans out there when it comes to performance, quality, dependability: Nidec Gentle Typhoon 1850, but they are more like the Porsche among fans and they'll blow your budget twice over. I've got 14 of them in my case on radiators.

If you can buy from Amazon, you Corsair AF120's are only $18 for a twin back.

Just "ok" and cheap would be the Yate Loons.

Those AF120s are the quiet edition. They move about 40% less air. Thanks for the thought, though. I'll check out the others.

Back