GoDaddy CEO Goes Elephant Hunting

Ignorant idiots. The hunting in Africa is HEAVILY regulated. It's also bringing millions of dollars to the area. Those hunts aren't cheap, and the taxes go to prevent poaching and the lodges create jobs and bring money into the economy. The meat is used by the local village as a food source. The population of elephants has INCREASED dramatically since the legal, regulated hunting has been instituted.

You want to judge something? Go educate your self and then make an informed decision. Want to be an ignorant idiot, go join PETA.

The bolded really says all that needs to be said.

I don't personally hunt or have any real desire too myself. I have zero problems with those who do so long as they follow the law. PETA however can pretty much universally go F*** themselves.

I'm not a hunter, but I have nothing against hunters who kill to AND eat the meat. What's so sporty about a man with a high powered gun hunting an animal? I say give the man a dagger and go toe to toe with the elephant. Now THAT'S a sport! Other than that he's just a pu$$y who wants to prove his manhood that he can take down the world's largest living land animal.....with a gun. Whoop dee dooo!

Lot of dead hunters would beg to disagree.

do a little research. big game hunting in Africa is one of the most dangerous sports you can do.

Elephant, lion and Cape Buffalo have killed a lot of people over the years, not counting the thousands of locals that have died.

But, having said that, I agree that if you don't make use of the meat after a kill, your commiting a grave injustice. I grew up hunting, I ate every damn thing I killed (well, except for the crows in our garden, I eat enough figurative crow, don't need the feathered kind)

I don't hunt anymore, with the exception of pests like Starlings and such. part of that is due to my wife refusing to eat wild meat. much as I love deer and such, I can't eat one by myself.

My dad still hunts, with Bows he makes himself, arrows he makes and fletch's himself, and with flint arrowheads he makes himself. a slightly insane friend of his, has killed a deer with a spear that had a flint spearhead attached. better than a rock, I guess.

I guess I am alone on this, as I don't derive pleasure from killing other creatures. Killing something, is the last thing I would do for "fun".

No. I'm with you. My friends ask me to go shooting occasionally. I don't mind blowing up some tannrite, but if they ever handed me a gun and pointed me at a deer I don't think I could do it. Maybe after the apacolypse when there's more deer than us and that's what we eat sure, but I still wouldn't enjoy it.

Ignorant idiots. The hunting in Africa is HEAVILY regulated. It's also bringing millions of dollars to the area. Those hunts aren't cheap, and the taxes go to prevent poaching and the lodges create jobs and bring money into the economy. The meat is used by the local village as a food source. The population of elephants has INCREASED dramatically since the legal, regulated hunting has been instituted.

You want to judge something? Go educate your self and then make an informed decision. Want to be an ignorant idiot, go join PETA.

Source? I'm not seeing anything like that. Not in wiki or any where else. Elephants are in shit shape last I checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant#Threats

I saw this interview on Pierce Morgan and as I was watching it I pulled out my phone and googled "pierce morgan bad interviewer" and "pierce morgan low ratings".

He is a shitty interviewer and I'm sure it eats him inside that his arch enemy Jeremy Clarkson probably gets more people to pirate each episode then Pierce gets to actually watch each episode it on CNN.

Story seems fishy to me - don't you think the locals could kill an elephant? I mean I realize its Africa but whether its one gun or some dude digging a pit.. We been killing animals for a long time.. I am sure those guys can handle it without some CEO.

Indeed , locals need the great white hunter to come in to kill a fucking elephant? Please. the locally however could have just as easily charged him out the ass for the pleasure. So its probably that.

Poaching is still a huge problem in Africa , if you don't think so your an idiot. Despite heavy regulation there is mass corruption as well so its just as easy to pay off officials to look the other way.

I don't give a fuck what the rich CEO does with his money but he posted it on his blog and made a big deal out of it and for that hes a douche bag. I don't give a fuck about PETA either they overract to every single action concerning animals.

PETA are just like enviro-nazi's. Ignorant do-gooders that want to regulate and tell everyone how to live no matter how much it hurts people.

peta_sucks.jpg

now thats a real man, killing an elephant....maybe its time to move the clan's site from NFO to GoDaddy....

^^^ Dont take that picture out of context....they promptly skinned all those jackrabbits and make new clothes for under priveledged Chilean school kids.

Source? I'm not seeing anything like that. Not in wiki or any where else. Elephants are in shit shape last I checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant#Threats

First off you're link even says they're increasing. "elephant populations are increasing in parts of southern and eastern Africa"

The areas they are increasing are the ones being managed, which includes legal hunting which provides the money (and incentive) to stop the poachers who are killing them for the ivory. Do a little google searching and you'll find a lot of data on the subject.

The long story short is this: You can take up to 0.5% of the male population per year and have a perfectly healthy herd. By having paying hunters do this you can pay to keep the poachers in check.

Kruger National Park is one of the areas that introduced culling because of over population by elephants.

Long story short, the story PETA sells you that all elephants everywhere are endangered and almost dead is a fairy tail.

Long story short, the story PETA sells you that all elephants everywhere are endangered and almost dead is a fairy tail.

I think PETA's right on this one. Thousands of years ago there used to be elephants or elephant ancestors that roamed where I live now. Now there are none. They all died out. Only if PETA was around then, we would still have them roaming the mean streets of Minnesota.;)

I don't really care two ways about hunting the elephant. So long was as it was fully sanctioned I'm fine with it.

But PETA can just fuck right off. One of their founding partners has diabetes and uses artificial insulin to keep it under control. GUESS HOW THEY MAKE THAT STUFF!? IN AN ANIMAL!

I guess if she really wanted to follow the true PETA ideals she'd stop using the insulin and kill herself.

Synthetic insulin is just that, synthetic. Animal derived insulin has been phased out for sometime now due to antibody action and the fact that synthetic insulin is human insulin. GUESS HOW THEY MAKE THAT STUFF!? IN BACTERIA! Oh by the way, bad arguements are bad arguements. But yes, although you had a very poor inacurate arguement, I'm in agreement with you that PETA can just fuck right off.

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated

~ Mahatma Gandhi'

I watched the video on Youtube of exactly what happened in the hunt. I see no problem with this at all. That's life in Africa though. Meat is a luxury there, and you take what you can get when you can get it. I think the shock media is just out to crucify another rich white male, and PETA... well, reaction expected there. As for the butchering, if more "civilized" people had to kill their own food perhaps they would not be so squeamish.

I agree with your view point. I live in an area with deer roaming around like pet dogs because of tough gun laws and registration, where its to much of a hassle to get a rifle permit. The deer live with us year round and we have to fence our yards in if we want gardens or shrubs. Back to your point hunters around here find a deer trail, close to the back roads so they don't have to work to drag them out and they build these branch covers up in the tree and wait for the deer to come by. Why don't they just undo their zippers and measure.. Deer are so plentiful they don't talk about the hunt but of their arsenal they have and use. They are tame here, come home at night and their munching on my ceders, not ten feet away. You could have bow season all year round in my front lawn. Ya great sport.

And you are most likely a "City Boy" too.

Deer are like horned rats in the country. The amount of damage that they do to crops, especially corn and soybeans is incredible. Deer can take out 5 acres or more from a field.

With corm selling at 7.34 bu and corn yielding anywhere from 170-200 bu/acre, that's anywhere from 1.247.80-1.468.00 per FIELD.

Them eating your shrubs is an inconvenience. Eating a farmers crops is a financial hardship that, in the end, effects the price YOU pay for various food products. People like you will bitch about prices of food, but at the same time, while your mouth is full of said food, want to prevent things that would allow farmers from providing it more economically.

Sure, lets not "Kill Bambi". Just wait for awhile. If the deer population in your area is as high as you are saying it is, it won't be long before one of two things happens. There will be an outbreak of disease that will kill off most of them, OR they will outstrip the food suppy, and there will be a lot a deer slowly dying of starvation,

But, I guess that slow death is MUCH more 'humane', than an 'evil hunter's' bullet to the heart, right?

I think PETA's right on this one. Thousands of years ago there used to be elephants or elephant ancestors that roamed where I live now. Now there are none. They all died out. Only if PETA was around then, we would still have them roaming the mean streets of Minnesota.;)

Not really. It was a combination of factors,including climate changes,that caused the extinction of mega fauna in North America. Rule one of evolution - adapt or die.
Personally,I think the guy did this only out of vanity,the wrong reason to hunt. But as noted,legal hunting is strictly regulated.The real threat comes from ivory poachers.That's where PETA should be concentrating their efforts.

The last I heard it was north of $100k to hunt one. Most of that money goes towards the preservation of the animals habitat. The guides basically lease the land from the government and are allowed to take only a certain number and type of animals from it. They pass that cost off to their customers. Without the hunters most of that land would be cleared and used for other purposes.

You are also correct that most hunters give the meat to a local village while keeping the trophy. The meat is not wasted.

Story seems fishy to me - don't you think the locals could kill an elephant? I mean I realize its Africa but whether its one gun or some dude digging a pit.. We been killing animals for a long time.. I am sure those guys can handle it without some CEO.

Of course the locals can kill an elephant. Go to Youtube and search for natives killing elephants and hippos. You will see hoow the natives do it would amount to cruelty to animals.

Elephants probably taste like sh*t anyways.

Not really. It was a combination of factors,including climate changes,that caused the extinction of mega fauna in North America. Rule one of evolution - adapt or die.
Personally,I think the guy did this only out of vanity,the wrong reason to hunt. But as noted,legal hunting is strictly regulated.The real threat comes from ivory poachers.That's where PETA should be concentrating their efforts.

You know that emoticon signifies sarcasm right? Freaking Melvin strikes again...

;)

All I see here are a bunch of dorks trying to persuade each other via wikipedia and youtube links. Anyone who can stand behind the killing of an elephant is simply a piece of crap. They're not deer, cows, chickens, etc. They have the basic right, like every wild animal, to live in peace. The settlers are in the way of their migrating path, and instead of correcting the problem they start killing these "intruders" that have traveled that same path for hundreds of years.

This isn't about PETA. and has made me think a whole lot less of this community.

Killing a animal to me is no different then killing a plant, yet I am perfectly capable of telling the difference between a retarded animal that has the IQ of a thimble like a cow, vs an intelligent animal like a dog or cat

Cows have been bread down, not for their intelligence, but, for their meat.

Well, all hunters should obey the law of where they are hunting, and if its allow by the law, then we can't say its wrong.

Of course one may argue that the said law is flawed and fail to protect a certain endangered species or something like that but that would be a different discussion about the law itself, not the hunters.

That said, I have a strong hatred against poachers. They should all DIAF :mad:

If you are a member of PETA you must really hate yourself. Imagine how many animals have been killed by your ancestors. You owe your very existence to the killing of animals for food.

I don't care that he killed an elephant. I feel the only real difference between animals on this planet (including us) is level of consciousness. Generally, the higher the level the more difficult it is to kill (less cockroaches lol ).

If PETA had been around back then, man would have froze to death because he couldn't wear a fur coat :p

All I see here are a bunch of dorks trying to persuade each other via wikipedia and youtube links. Anyone who can stand behind the killing of an elephant is simply a piece of crap. They're not deer, cows, chickens, etc. They have the basic right, like every wild animal, to live in peace. The settlers are in the way of their migrating path, and instead of correcting the problem they start killing these "intruders" that have traveled that same path for hundreds of years.

This isn't about PETA. and has made me think a whole lot less of this community.

I love when the ignorant out themselves. How many more people have to come on here and show you FACTS about how regulated hunting in Africa is actually improving the habitat, stopping poachers, and increasing the population of elephants et al in these regions? Not to mention the fact that all that meat is going to the locals...free of charge. Controlled hunting is basically bringing charity to the areas...it's improving not only the humans lives, but also those of animals that aren't even being hunted.

And to the person calling the CEO a pu$$y because he killed it with a high power rifle? Yeah ok buddy, lets go drop you into the savannah with a a bowie knife and your flip flops...you would piss your pants and beg for mercy within five minutes. He killed the animal in a humane and fair way.

Grow the hell up with your bleeding heart american nostalgia for the beautiful fuzzy animals. If you eat meat, you don't have a single argument to hoist you up on your retarded soap box.

Wait, elephants have basic rights "like every wild animal" however deer don't? wtf is the difference between a deer and an elephant?

PETA = batshit crazy founder, and put down more animals they have "rescued", than found homes for.

19% of the animals they saved, make it to being homed again.

Although the GoDaddy CEO is a complete wanker from the sounds of it, "oh no the elephant is eating veggies to survive, what shall we do?", let it carry on doing what it always does, and eat it's daily amount of food to move on, nah let's shoot it!!!

I bet the tusks went to the black market.

Just an excuse for validating what he's done. I have no problem with people hunting for food as they need to, hunting for the sheer heck of just killing something, I have a problem with that.

I bet you he didn't eat any of the kill, he went back to his hotel and had a nice beef steak.

I dont get how killing elephants is ok but Mike Vick is universally accepted as being the devil himself for having a dog fighting ring.

Wait, elephants have basic rights "like every wild animal" however deer don't? wtf is the difference between a deer and an elephant?

Well for starters, deer are not a threatened species. I don't condone hunting, period.

Humans seem to have this complex that everything is at our disposal. We're civilized, no longer hunt and gather, and fully capable of making sound decisions that preserve our environment.

I'm a vegetarian, have been for five years, so quit this "if you eat meat you're a hypocrite" attack. I'll even go a step further and argue that no, you're not a hypocrite if you eat meat but want to defend the needless killing of wildlife. These animals are commercially farmed. Massive difference then going out and killing an animal. Pain is pain, death is death, horrible conditions, steroid enhanced diets .. I will not argue that.

Just imagine though, if everyone in the world decided they're going to go out and start hunting for their food. Do you realize how quickly everything would be killed off? We've created a system of commercialized killing to support our palette for meat.

Well for starters, deer are not a threatened species. I don't condone hunting, period.

Humans seem to have this complex that everything is at our disposal. We're civilized, no longer hunt and gather, and fully capable of making sound decisions that preserve our environment.

I'm a vegetarian, have been for five years, so quit this "if you eat meat you're a hypocrite" attack. I'll even go a step further and argue that no, you're not a hypocrite if you eat meat but want to defend the needless killing of wildlife. These animals are commercially farmed. Massive difference then going out and killing an animal. Pain is pain, death is death, horrible conditions, steroid enhanced diets .. I will not argue that.

Just imagine though, if everyone in the world decided they're going to go out and start hunting for their food. Do you realize how quickly everything would be killed off? We've created a system of commercialized killing to support our palette for meat.

NO hunting is just as bad as over-hunting. Deer run out of food.

I don't have a problem with hunting, but I don't see what type of thrill there is with hunting elephants. Especially ones where you know where they are. It's not like they are going to stalk you, or put up a fight.

Deer are so populous in North America that in many cases, not hunting them to quell their numbers would result in their own starvation from lack of food. Elephants, conversely, are threatened/endangered.

I love blasting animals just for the laugh. :D

Just kidding, but still funny as hell.

What do PETA people feed their cats? Why do they drive BMW's with leather seats? What are their shoes made of?

I say feed them all elephant dung.

NO hunting is just as bad as over-hunting. Deer run out of food.

And it all comes back to humans. We're evading elephants migrating paths to water holes and food sources. They have no option but to travel through these villages, as they have done so before man even settled there.

Rocks and sticks are usually thrown at them in during their trek through villages, and all they're trying to do is survive. Just like you or I, except in the wild and in some of the harshest conditions. We have much to learn from them, and there is no room for American's, or anyone for that matter, to go play hero and kill such a creature.

We should eat all endangered species. Think about it, is there a shortage of any animal we eat?

Clearly, you have no idea how the food on your plate even got there. You should probably go educate yourself on commercialized farming before suggesting the things you eat come from the wild.

Back