Go with the Flow...Rate...with Koolance

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Damn, Koolance. They need more recognition than what they get. Will you be showing it off in use later, or just make us wait anxiously? It's like watching a Game of Thrones episode. Just as [SPOILERS], roll credits.

This is nice! I love the self contained unit since my 5.25" bays are occupied by a bayres.
They could make it better in only one way: include water temp, and have it cycle around temp/fr.

Now you need another flow meter to measure how much flow the flow meter costs your loop.

Well, my first quick glance at it, and I said "with the wire, it must be an electric light saber".

Thank You Kyle,

I was thinking about that device lately, didnt order it last time I got stuff, but now this is defo on my "need" list ;)

Koolance makes some of the "Must Have" items, like their Quick-Connectors. Wouldnt want to DIY without.

Merry Christmas Everybody ;)

Nice.

I always wanted something like this in my rig for health monitoring, so I know I am getting sufficient flow.

Back when I was building mine and doing my research I couldn't find anything good though.

Oh no. Now I'm gonna go a techie on you and suggest you need a certificate of calibration to lab confirm the flow rate is actually what you think it is.
Hehe, yeah. Going to have to be a lot more Patreon money before certs are being paid for.

Now you need another flow meter to measure how much flow the flow meter costs your loop.

Lol.

In the grand scheme of things its a moot point, as I assume this will only be used for comparative purposes between blocks. Installing the flow meter may impact the flow, but so may any number of things in a loop. Tubing, bends, radiators, etc.

The key takeaway here is, if the otherwise same loop is used, same radiator, same pump, same length tubing, same flow meter same bends, etc. etc. we can assume that the only change is the block, and thus we can attribute the change in flow to the difference in the block.

In other words, the flow restriction of the flow meter itself becomes mostly irrelevant.

Actually, important is to see when the flow degrades like when your fins in the block(s) are clogged. Note the value when the system is clean and proper and then check every once and then if the value is constant or if it is lower. For the core function only, good flow vs bad flow.

Tho, taking a 50L barrel is no bad idea, but knowing how much flows doesnt make it more, relativ is good enough for me, absolut is ok if easy achievable

Lol.

In the grand scheme of things its a moot point, as I assume this will only be used for comparative purposes between blocks. Installing the flow meter may impact the flow, but so may any number of things in a loop. Tubing, bends, radiators, etc.

The key takeaway here is, if the otherwise same loop is used, same radiator, same pump, same length tubing, same flow meter same bends, etc. etc. we can assume that the only change is the block, and thus we can attribute the change in flow to the difference in the block.

In other words, the flow restriction of the flow meter itself becomes mostly irrelevant.
I actually made sure to lay out all the blocks and pigtails in the same orientation so all blocks had the "same" points of resistance in the testing.

One of the reasons your reviews are valued far above others by many readers, for me for sure.

i.e. when you said the Poseidon is a good card I made my decision to buy it again over a full water block FE solution with a watercool block.

There's a reason I've been a loyal reader of this site for at least 18 years (cant even remember when it all started), am an active Patreon supporter and even did a short stint on news duty.

While other sites have come and gone, been exposed for being on the dole from hardware companies for favorable reviews, or just copy and paste review guides, Kyle does thorough work and tells it like it is.

Got to have that sweet creamy goodness...

upload_2017-12-21_13-57-4.png

Back