Go 7800gtx

I wonder how much battery powered gaming time an XPS will get....especially if the GTX was underclocked.
 
UltimaParadox said:
Past experiences, did your Ibook catch on fire in your lap? :p

lol, no but my POS Dell Inspiron 2650 does get pretty hot. If you leave my g/f's Gateway lappy on the bed where it can't breath it'll get so hot that it shuts itself down and sometimes makes the LCD screen change colors for a minute.

When I think of ibook I shudder, well I just don't like Apple for a reason though, I grew up on them. I still laugh everytime I go into the Apple store across the street from my university and ask the guy about them going to the x86 platform in a little bit. I always get averted eyes and a half-assed answer.
"So this would basically bridge the software gap right? I can use windows on a mac and mac on windows when the x86 [insert cat name here] version of osx comes out? Or I could just run my favorite distro of x86 Linux on there?"
"Errrr gee, you'll... just have to see... when it comes out."
Pwn3d.

But I did hear about a guy who sued because he sterilized himself with the heat from his laptop.. so lagtop owners out there: Wear Pants While Computing! :p
 
Does anyone Have any data on when the new XPS featuring this chip will be out? I know the press release says the 29th, but that doesn't mean a whole lot to me, since that's from Nvidia.

I'm really on the ropes here on whether or not to cancel my order and get this one, and I cant get anything out of Dell.

Thanks.
 
Back
Top