Gmail password suddenly not working

LiquidX

2[H]4U
So I'm trying to access my Gmail account and the password doesn't work. I know the password is 100% correct so I think my account has been compromised. Anyway I check my other 3 Gmail accounts (none of which are linked) and the password doesn't work for them either. These are accounts that hardly get used and are used for things like signing up to forums and such. I think the problem may be on Google's end. My Live and yahoo emails still work.

What are the chances this is a error on Google's part?

Thanks a lot Sean, that worked. Can you please explain how using that link suddenly made my accounts work? All the passwords worked going through that linked so it was not a error with my inputting them wrong in the first place. Again thank you.

On a side note -- you should look at GMail filtering if you don't want to manage mutiple accounts. Gmail ignores all the characters after a + and up to the @. So if I sign up for an amazon account, I can give them an email address of [email protected]. Then in gmail, I can filter all message coming in from [email protected] into a special Amazon folder.

Just thought I'd share.

In regards to your account -- I had that happen to me before and I just assumed it was compromised. I used the unlock and that didn't workk becuase my "other" email address was from an ISP long gone. I ended up contacting technical support and providing them some information and they eventually reset my password for me and all was good.

Hey, that's a neat trick. I'll have to start using that one.

Loves my Gmail.

demon,
were you able to speak directly to technical support or did you have to fill out a form and wait for reply?

I am currently somehow locked out of my account

Back