Gmail ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wipeout

Limp Gawd
So, I don't have 1K posts, but I've been here a few years. I noticed Kyle's announcement up there about Gmail/Hotmail being OK and went to change my e-mail to my Gmail account - no can do, still get the old error about not being able to use free e-mail accounts.

Do I just need to post more? :p

good question,

I'm not a 1yr-er yet, but the date posted has me a bit confused too. It says "01-17-2010 until 03-17-2010" does that mean this option won't be available after March even if you meet the criteria? Or is it simply Subscription users can exclusively take advantage of this for the first 3 months, following that, it's open to normal registered members?

good question,

I'm not a 1yr-er yet, but the date posted has me a bit confused too. It says "01-17-2010 until 03-17-2010" does that mean this option won't be available after March even if you meet the criteria? Or is it simply Subscription users can exclusively take advantage of this for the first 3 months, following that, it's open to normal registered members?
It means the announcement will only be visible for 2 months.

Yep I tried to change my email to my Gmail address as well and it didn't work. I don't have 1k posts, but I've been around for about 3-4 years at least. Is the requirement 1 year AND 1k posts?

it didnt work for me either. i have 1000+ post and over a year. it must not be set up yet

I don't mean to poke, but is this going to become a "for sure" change? I've been trying to change to my Gmail account the last few days hoping it would take. But, alas, no.. :(

Would be very nice if this happens.

Thanks!!
Riley

So, I don't have 1K posts, but I've been here a few years. I noticed Kyle's announcement up there about Gmail/Hotmail being OK and went to change my e-mail to my Gmail account - no can do, still get the old error about not being able to use free e-mail accounts.

Do I just need to post more? :p

good question,

it didnt work for me either. i have 1000+ post and over a year. it must not be set up yet

Admins? You there? Any insight on this????? I would love to use my gmail address.
@ ProfessorKaos64: It looks like you might be failing on a few conditions... everyone is quoting some 1000+ post and length of time here.. 5 months and 529ish posts?

It's either one year as a member or 1000 posts.....

If you have been a registered HardForum member for 1 year, or have 1000 posts under your belt, you can now switch your account email address to a Gmail or Hotmail address. HardForum Subscription members get this immediately.

If you have been a registered HardForum member for 1 year, or have 1000 posts under your belt, you can now switch your account email address to a Gmail or Hotmail address. HardForum Subscription members get this immediately.

Hooray!! I think?

I just tried to switch and I was denied. The way I read the above is that non paying members have the 1 year or 1000 post limit. Paid subscribers do not have this limit and can switch immediately regardless of post numbers or length of membership,

I'm a non-subscriber, have less than 1000 posts, and have been a member for over 7 years. So, I should qualify based on being a member over 7 years, no?

Thanks!!
Riley

@ ProfessorKaos64: It looks like you might be failing on a few conditions... everyone is quoting some 1000+ post and length of time here.. 5 months and 529ish posts?

You should have been smart enough that I was just asking why gmail wasn't kosher. I mean really :rolleyes: I think I know how long I've been here lolz

I work full time, so I figured what the hell, I'll try it for a year, proud paid subscriber here! :D For my donation, i request more pron posts pwease :D LOLz

No go for me either, been here 5years but only 500 some posts. But this is GREAT news! Many Thanks!

No go for me as well, I tried switching to a hotmail address (I'm well over both 1000 posts and 1 year ;)) since I check it far more often than my ISP's. Seems like this feature is not working.

Sorry, you should be good now, the feature wasn't enabled for certain user groups.

If you attempted to change your email, please do so again.

If you have a issue post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back