Gigabyte UDR3 X58 Wont post/beep

BlankIt

Limp Gawd
I bought a Core i7/X58 mobo combo off here and I got it and bought RAM from my local store and it wont boot. I tried a different psu, different video card, and a different stick of ram (same brand/model though..) that also worked in my P55 Core i3 Rig that runs perfectly fine. Is this a possible CPU/Mobo failure? or more likely just ram incompatibility
This is what im using.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CDN1333D3D8C9-4G&cat=RAM.

Did you install the CPU correctly?
Did you reset CMOS?
Did you connect all of the necessary cables?
Did you start the PC using the traditional screwdriver method?

yes I made sure the CPU was aligned correctly, havent checked the pins though. i pressed the CLR CMOS button on my motherboard but im not sure that it did it. I'll take the battery out. Yes I have the 8Pin CPU connector plug in as well as the 24pin as well as all my necessary video card cables. And no I have not started it using that method.

Battery reset didnt change, I switched my RAM from the blue port to the white port (supposedly only the blue works with triple-channel) still no avail. It's booting up fine and staying on, but no video output. no beeps or ANYTHING.

Most motherboards don't have a speaker on board, they use an external speaker. Check to make sure that motherboard actually has a speaker before checking for beeping codes.

Additionally, if you aren't getting video then you need to stick with that. Check video connections, monitor display modes, etc..

I see. And I have. I've tried a different PCI slot, different 6pin and 8 pin connector, not sure what you mean by monitor display mode.. its on the right input if that's what you mean. I made sure it was seated properly, i've literally tried everything except different cpu/mobo. I'm assuming the ram i bought should of worked fine with the motherboard i got?

did you try a single stick of ram in EVERY dimm slot? so boot up, no video, power down, move ram, on all six dimms? i only ask because i recently just got a used board that would only post with the ram in DIMM 3.

if it doesn't work out, you can sell the board/proc cheap to me ;)

I have tried it in every white slot (apparantly the blue slots are for triple-channel ram) is this sounding like a motherboard problem? ram problem? someone please give some insight.

I'm still waiting for you to start the PC using the screwdriver method.

I have tried it in every white slot (apparantly the blue slots are for triple-channel ram) is this sounding like a motherboard problem? ram problem? someone please give some insight.

i'm gonna tell you to go ahead and try one stick of ram in each of the blue dimm slots too, it won't hurt to try it.

Back