gigabyte raid0 not appearing :(

mythek

Weaksauce
hi guys, please let me quickly brief this up.

My rig (in my sig) is running on windows XP w/ sp2. I recently score 2 HD's on frys and decided to set up a raid0 to run them. i decided to use gigabyte raid controller (purple ports) to set up my array, main reason is my comp bootup a lot faster comparing to ICH9R raid controller.

Anyway so I correctly install the Hd's, i'm sure i correctly set up my raid0. I installed the latest gigabyte raid controller driver. Everything looks fine, even see the raid in DEVICE MANAGER under "Disk Drives". Yet I do NOT see my raid drive anywhere in MY COMPUTER, all i see is the partitions of my 3rd HDD which runs on its own (non-raid) and has the windows installed.

does anyone know how to make my raid drive appear in MY COMPUTER ?

thanks in advance.

mythek

Weaksauce
lol after tens of reboots and hours of googling, i finally gave up and make a thread on hardforum. As soon as I was done posting, a brilliant idea popped up: "DISK MANAGEMENT"!!!! i totally forgot about that. anyway long story short, Ive solved my problems with DISK MANAGEMENT :D

now ive came across 2nd problem. Since i'm able to create partitions on my RAID drive, now I want to move/clone/copy the active partition (where windows XP is installed) of my non-raid drive onto the new partition of my RAID drive...(reason is I want to run my windows off my raid drive, but i really dont want to go through the whole windows installation process again). What is the best program or safest method to do this?

unhappy_mage

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2005
You can try copying the system with DriveImageXML. Windows may not like switching what device it's booting from, but it's worth a try.

Now would be an excellent time to make a backup.