gigabyte raid0 not appearing :(

mythek

Weaksauce
hi guys, please let me quickly brief this up.

My rig (in my sig) is running on windows XP w/ sp2. I recently score 2 HD's on frys and decided to set up a raid0 to run them. i decided to use gigabyte raid controller (purple ports) to set up my array, main reason is my comp bootup a lot faster comparing to ICH9R raid controller.

Anyway so I correctly install the Hd's, i'm sure i correctly set up my raid0. I installed the latest gigabyte raid controller driver. Everything looks fine, even see the raid in DEVICE MANAGER under "Disk Drives". Yet I do NOT see my raid drive anywhere in MY COMPUTER, all i see is the partitions of my 3rd HDD which runs on its own (non-raid) and has the windows installed.

does anyone know how to make my raid drive appear in MY COMPUTER ?

thanks in advance.

lol after tens of reboots and hours of googling, i finally gave up and make a thread on hardforum. As soon as I was done posting, a brilliant idea popped up: "DISK MANAGEMENT"!!!! i totally forgot about that. anyway long story short, Ive solved my problems with DISK MANAGEMENT :D

now ive came across 2nd problem. Since i'm able to create partitions on my RAID drive, now I want to move/clone/copy the active partition (where windows XP is installed) of my non-raid drive onto the new partition of my RAID drive...(reason is I want to run my windows off my raid drive, but i really dont want to go through the whole windows installation process again). What is the best program or safest method to do this?

You can try copying the system with DriveImageXML. Windows may not like switching what device it's booting from, but it's worth a try.

Now would be an excellent time to make a backup.

Back