GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H @ [H]

Temp2 seems to be the CPU core temp on Speedfan for me. Compare the temps to what your BIOS shows and go from there.

hey, anyone know if F5a bios is coming out? is quiet anoying the 4gb bug on f3a and f4a..:S

Any update on this? Still limited to 2GB? I'm on Vista if it matters. Thanks for the help.

I had this board, but I replaced it with a GA-M750SLI-DS4 which is even better. Though the board is small, it had good features, At least it supported 4 slots of DDR2 RAM, has 7.1 onboard surround sound, onboard HDMI and SATA ports which I don't see often on smaller boards.

Any update on this? Still limited to 2GB? I'm on Vista if it matters. Thanks for the help.

i have 4 Gb on vista64 no problem. but you do need the latest F5 bios to get around that bad white line stuff

Has anyone noticed issues with powering USB devices on this motherboard? During times of high HDD activity my Logitech MX Revolution will stop responding. I received a new mouse on warranty and had the same issues. Now today I tried to hook up an external HDD to the front ports while ripping a DVD and couldn't get enough juice through the front ports.

I'm running a relatively low power system with a 500w power supply. Am I way off base thinking the USB ports aren't getting enough?

No issues for me, still going strong. Is it only the front ports? Try a different psu? I'm using an Antec 380w in mine, it came with the 3480 case. No trouble running a 5000+ @ 2.9Ghz, an EAH3850 and (3) drives.

This board is pure trash. Had to run the f3a bios to up the vdimm. I get visual corruption as people have noted. Audio doesn't really work, the only sound is digital garbage.

Anyone else having similar problems and can someone send me the f4a bios?

Found a new version of the bios to fix the issues I was having. Actually it's a modified S3H which has all the voltage tweaks of the S2H.

My new DFI board had some problems so while its being returned I am using my Gigabyte to run my new phenom 2 with the latest bios.

The board runs the CPU really nicely. I only attempted a very modest overclock as the board isn't really suited for high power draw from CPU's and I dont want to melt it ;)

As you can see from the picture the ram voltage defaulted to 1.94 volts with my OCZ RAM.

Hello all experts,
I've surfed around on net a lot and finally stumble on this site, reading those posts here, I've seen a lot of experts who experienced with this motherboard, I decide to post and hope that I can find out the answer for my case soon. So please help me through.
Let me layout my case with my hardware first. I got
+ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H
+ BIOS version: see my case below
+ CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2GHz), Windsore 90nm
+ Memory: 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev 2 DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), 4.4.4.12, 1.9V - 2.1V.
+ HDD: Seagate 300GB 3.0Gb/s SATA (on SATA0)
+ Optical Drive: 2 DVD-ROM and Burner on IDE
+ NO Floppy drive
+ OS: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86

I got this system up and running for year, no problem. For a newbie, plain basic system, it's not an issue, but
when it comes to the advanced level such overclock and voltage adjustment, I hit the brick-wall and I need help to get it done or at least to get an answer that it's doable or not doable.
I got this all together a while ago, motherboard came with either F1 or F3 BIOS. I was having another issue of getting SATA/AHCI interface to work (I contacted Gigabyte for help but no good result) so I flashed BIOS to F3a (and I believe this F3a was the offiical one released by Gigabyte, not the mod. one).
That was it until I decided go to the advanced level which I want to tweak this system to see I can get any better result.
Firstly, CPU I got is 2.2GHz (with 200MHz FSB, and x10.5 Multiplier), I want it overclock'ed to higher than its 2.2GHz stock frequency. Secondly, as listed above, my DDR2 sticks are 4.4.4.12 with 1.9V - 2.1V, however, as we all know, this mainboard requires 1.8V for DDR, I think because of that, CPU-Z SPD shows my RAMs are 5.5.5.15 @ 1.8V.
As we all know, official BIOS for this board does not come with cpu core and ddr voltage adjusment, it also does not have option to overclock and no timing setting for DDR.
After reading all posts in here, I downloaded the BIOS version F6 (from S3H to S2H board) and flashed it with @BIOS utilities.
Here's the problem.
1. I cannot flash back with S2H BIOS, I stuck with S3H BIOS (I reflashed with S3H.F7). How do I get the S2H BIOS back?
2. After flash with F6_S3HtoS2H, I went back to BIOS and Load Default Optimize.
With new bios, there are M.I.T (we all know what it is) and also allow DDR2 timing setting in Ctrl+F1.
Here's what I did and until now I can't get it to work. I must do something wrong or I've missed any step, so please help me, point out what I miss and what I should do.
a. Disable AMD Cool and Quiet.
b. M.I.T -> CPU Clock Ratio (still up to x11 max, there are no x12, x13, ..). Leave it as Auto
-> CPU Frequency, I set manual and change it to 250MHz (from default 200MHz)
-> PCIe (default as 100MHz set)
-> Video (GPX or something) default
-> NB/SB voltage set Normal
-> DDR voltage (this what we need), set to +0.15V (my sticks are 1.9V-2.1V, so adding 1.8V+0.15V=1.95V, well in range)
-> CPU Core voltage (normally 1.25V) now set to 1.45V
c. Ctrl+F1 -> DDR (manual) -> DDR 800 -> Timing to Manual and set CAS to 4T.

F10 to Save and Exit.
Then there are tons of issue.
What I observed is
+ Any time when I change anything relates to DDR stick such voltage or timing, board won't boot.
+ It always asks to press F1 to continue (or Del to back to BIOS setup) with message that I should go back to BIOS and change the CPU frequency to the correct value.
+ After loading OS, using CPU-Z (v1.49), FSB can NEVER been changed, it still shows 200.5MHz, CPU frequency can never go over 2.2GHz. Memory SPD still show 5.5.5.15.
Oh, btw, those steps that I listed above, I've tried doing one at a time.
Where do I miss? I've read someone mentioned that need to clear the CMOS? Do I have to? and how.
So, basically, my question:
1. which BIOS version is best to use? Can I have it?
2. How do I get back to the S2H BIOS and not S3H?
3. How do I perform the overclock?
4. Why can my system take effect after I changed all those? What did I miss?

I know it's a lengthy story but I badly need help so I must provide all into and what I have done so you experts can follow and help me to debug easier.
Thank a lot in advanced.

I just received my ASUS EAH4850 from Newegg and it doesn’t seem to be working. On boot two red lights flash on the back of the card and the fan spins, but I don’t get any video and it’s not detected in Windows.

I am running a 500w Nexus PSU (NX-5000) and a Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S2H motherboard. I used to run an ASUS EAH3850 on the same machine without any trouble.
I tried both the PSUs 6-pin and the 2xMolex to 6-pin connector. Both had the same results.

Right now I’m down to 3 options:

1. Video card is DOA
2. PSU doesn’t have enough oomph to start the card
3. Video card isn’t supported on this motherboard

I contacted both Nexus and ASUS tech support but I really don’t expect them to get back to me.

Thank you.

So just to make sure I understand everything...
1. Does the 4gb bug effect XP32?
2. Also, when 4 DIMMS are populated is there any memory speed loss?
3. What is the latest BIOS that will support RAM voltage tweaks?

Thanks.

Back